[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i'm thinking of selling my Leica M4 and buy a point n shoot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: ricoh-large.jpg (631KB, 1864x1234px) Image search: [Google]
ricoh-large.jpg
631KB, 1864x1234px
i'm thinking of selling my Leica M4 and buy a point n shoot camera

because for professional use, I already have nikon F3 so M4 kinda feels like just an old camera in the closet.

so I'm thinking of a durable, compact point n shoot for snap shit

Im thinking of Ricoh GR1v/s because currently the local store has a unused one

is it durable? I heard it's LCD fades over time but I dont think i would care because i see it's just showing shots left

does it break easily other than the screen?

or should I buy GR digital? I heard it's lens breaks easily

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNikon
Camera ModelLS-50
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS4 Macintosh
PhotographerTim Gray
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width1864
Image Height1234
Compression SchemeUncompressed
Pixel CompositionUnknown
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2009:12:20 22:14:01
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1864
Image Height1234
>>
In terms of P&S cameras, the GR series (35mm) seem to be the most fragile. They are quite nice and pocketable, and have one of the wider lenses of the more premium options which might be a factor for you.

GR digital is nice. A friend just got one and it seems solid.

It depends what you want to spend. I get just as much enjoyment from shooting with my Stylus Epic as I do with the Contax T2, which is three times the price.
>>
File: IMG_20170502_230644_103.jpg (629KB, 1536x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170502_230644_103.jpg
629KB, 1536x1536px
Save a fuck ton of money, get a Stylus Epic, and see how you like it. Very real chance you won't feel the need to upgrade. If you do want to upgrade, selling the Epic will be no problem.

Aside from pocketability , the biggest perk of shooting a point and shoot is having it be a semi-disposable piece of gear that you don't stress about.

Owning a $500+ point and shit would defeat the purpose, for me at least.

PS Yashica T4s are absolute dogshit
>>
File: images (39).jpg (22KB, 442x333px) Image search: [Google]
images (39).jpg
22KB, 442x333px
Thinking of getting pic related. Still unsure about it though.
>>
>>3131931
Get one used, you won't be sorry. Images might be a bit noisy if you pixel peep, but otherwise it's pretty awesome and fun to use. The battery life is very good, the lens is great, ui/ux is fantastic and I even like the sooc jpgs.
>>
>>3131873
you shoot film for a professional use ? what kind of professional use ?
>>
>>3131944
Yeah I'm just looking for something that will be good for walking around the city/traveling. I hate carrying around my DSLR, plus all the fucking lenses.
>>
>>3131931
it's a cropped m43.
12 megapickle.
the lens is nice but that's it.
better get lx10 or gx80
>>
>>3131967
12mpx is fine.
LX10 has 1" sensor and it's just worse on tge whole compared to lx100.
Also good luck finding a lens for the gx80 that is anywhere near as small AND fast AND good as the 1.7-2.8 lens on the lx100.
LX100 is seriously just a perfect combination for less than 400€ used. I honestly believe it's all 90% of all photogs need 90% of time and I will never stop shilling it.
>>
That wide lens is tough for street

I regret not getting the Contax t2, which has a 38mm
>>
I wouldn't get a stylus, idk if it's the same in the US but in the UK they r v expensive for what they r (£150+).

Do a bit of research n u can find 1 just as gd for a lot less.
Eg: Nikon af600, Ricoh r1 / r10, etc.
>>
MINILUX KING
>>
>>3131931
Just get an X70 or GR. You will be surprised at how much a sharp image satisfies you.
>>
File: 1502549161152.jpg (156KB, 488x557px) Image search: [Google]
1502549161152.jpg
156KB, 488x557px
>>3131873
I owned a GR1s and a Mju ii - both died on me but they were the best cameras I ever used.

the mju ii or even a mju i is the logic option - mine died because the camera started skipping frames (no overlaps, the frame advancing was erratic)

the gr1s was a better camera (the flash is more powerfull on the mju ii - or maybe it looked like it because the mju is a 35mm and the gr is 28..)

my gr1s died because the cable that connects the lenses to the body started braking - so no AF and no shooting. - the only way to replace that piece is with another camera -

so- invest in a mju i o ii but think of them as a 1 -3 year investment. then they will day (I shoot them daily and they lasted a year)

the digital alternatives are the ricoh gr and fuji x70 both amazing. but film is a challenge - go for it!

yashicas are expensive but simila too - like uncle terry
>>
>>3133426

I might just buy a Natura S to use with all ny delicious Natura film.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.