[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /p/, I was thinking you could help me get out of my own head.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (177KB, 1245x782px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
177KB, 1245x782px
Hey /p/, I was thinking you could help me get out of my own head.

SITREP: T5i owner coming from a T2i. Do video and photography (equally) as a hobby. Some short films. Got decent -at least better than the average- and some people started paying me to do my stuff. Not loads, but a little side income to offset some expenses.

I feel like the rebel series low light performace and video capabilites have been way surpased by competitos. I'd also like a smaller, more compact camera so I can have it on me all day and start taking more pictures. As far as glass, I have a kit lens and a 24 mm 2.8 cheapo. I rent out whenever I need something better.

Upgrade possibilites:

>Sony a6300/a6500
+Amazing low light performance
+Compact
+4K video
+Great autofocus, rarely use it, but I do shoot some kid birthdays
-A bit more expensive if the 6500, specially for a camera that might overheat.
-8 bit video
-Expensive lenes if keeping with Sony, either with adaptors or Sony Glass.
-Not especially good at stills.

>Gh4
+Probably the best cost/benefit relationship in terms of video
+4k
+10 bit output to recorder
-m4/3
-wouldn't invest in native glass, adapter is a must (upgrades, resale value)
-small, but still not alpha small

>Keep the t5i and git gud
+no investment, can invest in glass
-dated
-losing value fast
-shit tier low light performace (shoot a lot of nights and indoor events/sports)

I'm also looking at going full frame, getting a 7D, or a GH5, but that would mean more money and mo problems.

>tl;dr HELP ME STOP JERKING MYSELF OVER CAMERAS AND MAKE A DECISION. SERIOUSLY I'VE BEEN ON THE MARKET FOR AN UPGRADE FOR YEAR AND A HALF AND EVERY TIME I MAKE A DECISION I SOMEHOW CHANGE IT
>>
>>3131293
Gh4
>m43

Well that was ruled out fast. I dont actually know anything about videography
>>
>>3131293
samsung nx1.
>>
>>3131293
regarding lenses i just want to say that i dont enjoy focus by wire glass for video so if you are going for sony i'd just get the samyang cine lenses which can even be used with a follow focus. also if you want stills, the sony will outperform the gh4, but if you want to do video, the panasonic is the canonic choice because of convenience. really depends on how much you are going to do stills vs video.
>>
>>3131488
Pretty much equally. I do more video for work, but more photography for fun
>>
>>3131293
I have an a6300. It takes stills just fine. I don't know why it wouldn't.

I'm not going to defend Sony's lens prices though. The only argument you could make is that nearly all of them have built in IS.

AF on the a6300 is baller, though. I have the 'crappy' FE 50mm 1.8 and, even though it is loud, it still makes that lens focus decently enough. You put something on it like the 18-105 G and it flies.
>>
I'll just kill myself. Then I won't have to pick!
>>
GH4
H
>>
Bump for this; I kinda need to make a decision in ten days, and I'm legit getting at least an hour of research in each day.

Something is wrong with my brain.
>>
>>3133265
since you do video for work, i'd go gh4/gh5. m43 vs apsc is a mostly negligible difference imo, though i'd read up on others experience using adapted glass on it. any concerns about stills quality should be resolved one way or the other just by looking up sample images online (as opposed to listening to /p/ memes)
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.