[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just got a job as a photographer and videographer for a real

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170810_152711.jpg (302KB, 1000x772px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170810_152711.jpg
302KB, 1000x772px
I just got a job as a photographer and videographer for a real estate company. I have never done that kinda photography and don't what equipment is needed along with how to shoot for real estate

Pic related is one of my photos. Kinda messed with it Photoshop
>>
Do things
>>
>>3130860

Did you make this picture with your phone?
>>
>>3130860
Shoot rooms with a slightly wide angle to make them look bigger but not so wide it looks clownish.
Other than that, auto mode is fine. Just get in a routine and finish a house in 10 minutes, grab your check and go.
>>
>>3130860
Real estate photography is all about presenting the house as it is. So a good rule of thumb should be, do not photoshop anything out, don't photoshop anything in, and don't saturate. It's kind of dumb dumb work.

1. Get a wide lens to make everything look bigger. Use a tripod so you can either get long exposures (to ensure the interior looks bright) or use hdr (good hdr, not shitty tone mapping).

2. Shoot RAW so you can get the correct white balance in post.

3. Correct lens imperfections like barrel distortion and chromatic aberration, and leveling image

4. Take roughly 25 photos of the house, including different angles of the same room.

5. DO NOT use lightroom presets in processing the photos. It should not be artsy, it should only be about getting correct color

Your picture looks way over saturated, looks like you used some sort of preset, it's not level and it looks like you did something weird to the roof, but whatever. Also, why would you take a picture of the exterior showing a massive oil stain on the ground?
>>
how did you get the job? im thinking about contacting some estate offices to do some shots for them but dont know how difficult it will be to actually get shootings.

for your question: your camera, a wide enough lense to cover the rooms and a tripod should be enough. important while taking the shot is a nice friendly non-dramatic lighting and a well prepared room: you can adjust the furniture if it makes the room look nicer, place some candles/books/flowers/whatever to make it look pleasant. in post only correct the verticals/bring down window highlights etc, omit heavy color grading and dont shop anything like fixing cracks in the wall. also ask for key features or important corners of the house and make sure to get a good picture. you can even shoot with longer lenses if there are particularly interesting smaller things about the house
>>
>>3130960
Not OP. But my step sister is a real estate agent, I got some shoots through her.
>>
>>3130970
Shes sucking dick in these houses to get guys to buy them
>>
>>3130971
Cool, I don't care. She's my step sister, not my sister.
>>
>>3130953
>all about presenting the house as it is
>Get a wide lens to make everything look bigger
>>
i'm not from around here but that photo looks odd
>>3130860
>>
>>3131004
What I mean is, if there's a hole in the wall, don't photoshop it, if there's a stain on the carpet, don't photoshop it. A wide lens is fine, what else would you shoot with? A 50mm in a bathroom won't show you anything but a narrow section.
>>
>>3130860
>not leveled
>not wide enough
>soft as fuck
>not cropping the cracked road
would not hire.
>>
If the lighting is consistent, manual mode all the way. Why leave it up to the camera? Otherwise, shutter speed priority or auto ISO.
>>
>>3130860
Place a vase or a candle in the center of each room, focus on that and bokeh the living fuck out of each shot. Bitches love bokeh. If the agent is male use fish eye instead. Make sure any and all bathroom shots are in black and white. Don't fuck that up.
>>
No flash. Keep it all natural lighting
>>
Wow what a shitty picture. How did you get the job, OP? I want me a gig like this
>>
>>3130912
No I used my camera
>>3130917
I got a Nikon. Any recommended wide angle lenses?
>>3130953
I'll try doing raw
>>3130960
I worked at Starbucks and me and my boss would constantly talk and we knew I did video and photography so he offered the job
>>3131099
It was a practice shot but thanks for the feedback
>>3131318
Just talked with my boss when I worked at Starbucks a while ago.
>>
>>3131348
>Just talked with my boss when I worked at Starbucks a while ago.

Oh so you got the job through networking... but see Im shit at that.
>>
Something wide like a 16-55 or so will give you some range. Even that standard kit lens most cameras come with will be a good starting point. Will have to correct a lot for distortion at 18mm though.

Buy a couple magazines of interiors, architecture magazines, home decor stuff to get an idea of composition, and how even lighting is.

On the image you posted, crop the image so the house is the main focus. Right now you have 1/4 of the frame an ugly road (that's technically not part of the house your buying) and the huge tree on the right. Neither of these help the scene.
>>
H
>>
>>3130860

I'm amazed you got the job with obviously no idea of what you're doing.
>>
>>3131896
well then you're fucked unless you're insanely good at what you do

99% of people aren't in the jobs they're in because they're the best at them, they're in them because they managed to convince someone they're the best at them
>>
File: 1502396869403.jpg (166KB, 879x513px) Image search: [Google]
1502396869403.jpg
166KB, 879x513px
Try and keep things level. Sharpen the image. Bump vibrancy and contrast a little.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS4 Windows
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2017:08:15 15:24:54
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width879
Image Height513
>>
Idk
>>
my wife is a mortgage broker, and I know several pro real estate photogs:

1. get a nice WIDE ANGLE lens, at least 24mm or less
2. Get a GOOD flash
3. Shoot photos that make the house look huge and spacious
4. DO NOT overprocess the shit out of your photos. Every time I see some HDR processed house photos it makes me ill.
5. Get a TRIPOD
6. Check out some real pros and look at the photos in their listings and try to copy their style.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.