[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey! I'm looking to replicate these portraits for a side

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: PortraitExamples-August4th2017.jpg (924KB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
PortraitExamples-August4th2017.jpg
924KB, 2550x3300px
Hey! I'm looking to replicate these portraits for a side project. The photos are from Warby Parker and I would like to replicate their setup for doing some headshots. Can someone provide me some insights on how to light, backdrop, shooting, etc?

I'm more of a hobby photographer so I might need to purchase equipment if need be. I have a A7ii and a6000 with FE 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 and 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 (a6000). I've never done portraits like these before so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
>>
File: 1501773238637.jpg (3MB, 3000x4242px) Image search: [Google]
1501773238637.jpg
3MB, 3000x4242px
>>3126830
I've never done anything similar but pic related might be useful to you lad

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5.1 Macintosh
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2015:09:11 16:42:51
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width3000
Image Height4242
>>
Having a white background really helps so you don't need to do do any real tedious editing in post, especially around hair which is usually a headache - you could go out and buy a real photography background and stand for like $100 but for a one time thing a nice fresh piece of project board will work fine which you can pick up from walmart for like $6.

Lights appear to be dead on or slightly to the right, which you can see in the models eyes - I have a grand total of zero studio time so someone else will probably be better at telling you about the lighting.

Pretty sure only the Asian has actual glass in the frames which should be noted since lights and glasses is a headache if you don't want glare.

On the A7ii you should be solid at 70mm - it's slightly south of proper portraiture focal length but not by much, on the crop a6000 it's equivalent ff makes 50mm-70mm ideal but it's up to you if you want to sacrifice a little style for a little image quality.

Also
>Hobbyist
>Has more expensive bodies than me

Only a bit jealous, being poor is fun.
>>
>>3126855
Thank you this is very helpful!

>>3126865
Thank you for the tips! The focal length will be a big aspect since I believe I don't have a ton of room to shoot in either while I'm at the office. I'm a full time interactive designer and did a bit of work for Sony and took advantage of the discount the offered on equipment. I regret not buying any lens at the time haha.
>>
Im interested as well
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.