[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come Slav photography from instagram btfos American and Asian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0027.jpg (248KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0027.jpg
248KB, 1280x720px
How come Slav photography from instagram btfos American and Asian posters? Why are Slavs so good at photography? Radiation from soviet times?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1280
Image Height720
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
Post examples.
>>
File: Du8fDHGkuk0[1].jpg (296KB, 2560x1707px) Image search: [Google]
Du8fDHGkuk0[1].jpg
296KB, 2560x1707px
>>3125876
It's just a bigger part of the culture. Russians in particular really enjoy photography. Go on any random profile of vk.com and the men will have nice amateur photos they've taken, and the women will have decent amateur modeling photos of themselves. The hipster filter culture hasn't taken over either, lots of really sharp images.
>>
>>3125900
Suck my motherfuckin cock bitch, suck it and fuckin ride it these big meaty balls
>>
rusians are pretty fucking kino. slavs in general grew up watching tarkovsky as normal art, while burgers grew up (not really) watching capeshit and michael bay retarded flicks. big difference.

theres this facebook group called "film" (in russian of course, some crazy word) and everything they post has this contemplative look, they shoot very discrete films, lots of consumer film, but they make em shine everytime, all very unpretentious and comfy. they also love adox color implosion for some reason, and make some pretty fucking neat stuff with it. they also post the only pentacon six photos ive seen that look passable, dunno how they do it.
>>
Just like Japan, many people have a camera and like photography. Such is life for people living in a comfy place.
>>
>>3125979
Do you mean кинo or фильм, because both could mean film with фильм being the more literal one.
>>
>>3125976
Nice бyгypт there, buddy.
>>
>>3125961
Non-Slav living in Slavland here, this pretty much nails it. I was back in the states and offered to take photos my married friends and they looked at me like I was insane. Here that would be totally normal.

Also, lol @>>3125979
The word for film in Russian is "kino" or" film"
>>
>>3126270
why would you lol @ my erudite post?
>>
The thing is that during the communist period most of the people were extremely poor. Each family had only the goods, which were available for everyone and it is strange, but most of the film cameras were very cheap: зeнит, зopкий (this one looks much like leica I/ll btw), cмeнa were extremely affordable and almost everyone could buy them. As there were no internet or other stuff, which could keep children in their houses most of them were attending acting / radio or photo classes. My grandfather used to take photos, my mother and father also did it and so do I, and my girlfriend. That's something in our blood, I think. But talking about the quality I don't think, that you are right - most of the photos taken by me, my friends etc is just snapshit.
>>
>>3126271
>some crazy word
"kino"
>>
>>3126301
it was more like "celluloid".
>>
>>3126273
i wouldn't say film cameras were cheap - because they werent, it still was for example your whole paycheck - but they were available.
i doubt most people living in the western world will understand what "available" means when we talk about other side of the iron curtain, so for clarification: you could actually go out and buy one if you wanted, if you had the money (and having one paycheck in savings to blow on some random stuff wasnt that special, same as now). lost of stuff was rationed or only available in shops for a limited amount of time, in very small amounts - for example for cars you often had to wait for years before you were able to buy one.
of course you could buy 2nd hand or used or from gray market - but prices were usually way higher (compared to stuff in government controlled shops) - for example in poland fiats 126p recovered from a sunk barge (generally working, but they could have all the problem typical to sunk cars)
1/2
>>
>>3126372
that couldnt really be put on a normal market (= sold to people on a wating list) were going higher than new ones.
yep, sunken cars going for higher than brand new ones.

and cameras were there, you just had to go outside and buy one. film was cheap, processing was cheap, so everyone who wanted one could get it and shoot.

kinda similar with books - everything was printed in massive amounts (half a million of copies of some random books? sure) and cheap.
>>
>>3125979
do you have a link to this group?
>>
Probably not slav but with regards to Russia and especially Ukraine, I have noticed that models look top tier and photographers and retouchers from both countries are on top level with regards to their work.
>>
>>3126374
wow sounds like a great way to live
>>
>>3126273
>>3126372
that's pretty interesting anon, thanks for sharing
>>
>>3126598
Go away you're not welcome go back to your american horror story
>>
And still, only 1 Russian guy in Magnum
>>
>>3126747
well (((Magnum))) prefers to have nan goldin than any other better photographer, for, of course, (((reasons))).
>>
>>3125979
plz link
>>
>>3126722
I'm eastern euro, cunt
>>
>>3126823
Beatwifeselfiewoman is Mangum? jesus
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.