[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody using the 7D mk2? Is it worth the buy for a "professional"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Canon-EOS-7D-MK-II.jpg (52KB, 728x400px) Image search: [Google]
Canon-EOS-7D-MK-II.jpg
52KB, 728x400px
Anybody using the 7D mk2? Is it worth the buy for a "professional" crop camera. Also. Should I buy it just now or wait til the 7d mark 3 is announced and released?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width728
Image Height400
>>
>>3123173
Should be okay, unless you want professional rather than "professional" in which case you better get a FF camera.

You can always wait, but where is the point in that? They'll release new cameras until they fold the company, right? Just get a new camera later if you need a new one.

Also, I myself went with a Sony.
>>
If it fits your wants or needs, then sure, go for it. The high ISO performance and DR isn't all that great, but that shouldn't be much of a surprise, since this is Canon we're talking about here. Otherwise, it's a great camera.
>>
>>3123312
>Should be okay, unless you want professional rather than "professional" in which case you better get a FF camera.

NEGLIGIBLE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHYidejT3KY
>>
Well I could go ff but I just spent money on crop lenses
>>
You basically shoot sports and animals? Go for the 7D Mk ii.

You basically shoot portrait and environment? Go for a 6D and sell your crop lenses.

You street? Pick a decent mirrorless.
>>
Portrait. Street and landscape
>>
>>3123407
why are you considering a high fps crop camera for that?
>>
Its not the high fps. That's just useful. Its the higher than usual iso for a crop that interests me. Use it for low light street stuff
>>
>>3123410
get a 6d then if you want to see in the dark but cant afford a 1dx
>>
>>3123410
The crop 80D will beat it for high ISO usability...
>>
File: akari.jpg (48KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
akari.jpg
48KB, 720x720px
>>3123173
buy a nikon d7200 instead, objectively better in every aspect
>>
>>3123173
Its the cheapest airshow sports and high speed camera, it honestly is the treasure in Canon's lineup as for things like sports nature and airshow you want speed and with the long zooms crop factor helps!
>>
>>3123684
Used to shoot Nikon. Made a swap. Don't feel like going back tbqf
>>
>>3124037
I never got the appeal of Canon. What makes you prefer it?
>>
>>3124041
Better lenses when you want to upgrade. Magiclantern. More universal for older lenses without needing an additional lens to mess with. Cheaper (I'm a student with a part time job so needs to be reasonable) also the fact they have a wider set of lenses. For instance I couldn't find a decent priced 24/28mm lens for Nikon but found a cheap yet good 24mm stm for £140
>>
>>3123330
This guy from the vid seems to ignore the fact, that digital camera bodies are not shoeboxes that keep the film in darkness anymore.
>>
>>3123330
what a terrible video
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.