[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Enlighten me /p/ I've just taken 800 shots of a Rugby game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Capture.png (1MB, 1633x942px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1MB, 1633x942px
Enlighten me /p/
I've just taken 800 shots of a Rugby game and now I need to cut that down to the best ones.
What's the best way to look through them at full screen or close to it and delete the rubbish as I go?
>>
>>3122854
Delet them all
Alternatively uploaded them all to a facebook album
>>
>digipleb woes
>>
>>3122854
They all look shit to be honest. How is it possible not to be the slightest bit discerning, and be more selective?

800 shots during a 80 minute game? Thats 10 shots a minute, were you even thinking what the fuck you were pointing your camera at?

>ctrl+A
>delete

thats my solution.
>>
>>3122854
If you use Lightroom.
Import them all.
Skipthrough them and rate them with your number keys as you go.
After that delete everything you rated 1 star.
>>
>>3122854

Photo Mechanic

/thread
>>
>>3122863
Nearly agree here, except hold a pass/fail on them all in quick decisions. Stars are kind of sticky on images like, what if you give them digi copies and they see your ratings? I use the red selector for all the good ones, bad ones left unrated. Cull them quick and then make sure you have at least one of each player.
>>
>>3122862
casuals pls go and stay go
>>3122854
Use a pass/fail system for focus and composition, then another one for best shot of a burst, and then a final pass for pictures worthy of saving and distributing.
>>
>>3122863
I didn't know you could rate like that.
thanks.
>>3122862
10 shots a minute because when someone made a run, I burst and because film is cheap. I'd rather delete 750 than have 50 shots and delete 45 because for some reason people will be impressed if I take less photos.
Maybe you're right and I'll take a 1gb card next time.

>>3122865
Thanks. good point

>>3122864
Will check it out, thanks
>>
Photo Mechanic is the industry standard. Don't even open Lightroom until you've ingested, rated and culled photos with Photo Mechanic.
>>
>>3122865
Oh well I normally don't rate my pics and explained it a bit unclear here.
I make it a 0 or 1 thing there and delete all photos with 1 star.
And I usually wipe all metadata except camera settings when I export
>>
>>3122862
t. guy who has never shot sport before
>>
>>3122854
I like irfanview. It''s fast and will view raw files too. You can do quick cropping, rotating etc but it's mostly for viewing and of course free.
>>
>>3122858
>oh no I took too many pictures

???
>>
>>3122863
Basically this.

Except first apply a filter to only show unrated images.
This way you automatically go to the next image when you give a rating, and you don't even have to move your fingers when you rate 1 to 4.

Every second counts when you're repeating 800 times (1 sec per picture = 13 minutes).

>>3122865
IMO 2 values isn't enough for culling.
What I do is:
- give missed focus or otherwise rubbish shots 1 star -> no need to ever look at them again.
- give poor shots 2 stars -> I might still use some of them as a last resort if I need a picture of a specific person/subject and I don't have any better shots.
- give OK shots 3 stars -> I will narrow this selection down in a 2nd pass.
- give great shots 4 stars -> Instant keepers.
>>
>>3123136
To each his own. I work better on a pass or fail system. Yes or no, and even some yes shots get cut on a 2nd pass. I do like that unrated filter system idea though.
>>
>>3122854
Install IrfanView, you can browse through them very easily and just delete the dogshit with a single press of the delete key. Then make a second run and delete the ones which are just not good enough at second thought. Once you've distilled the good ones, switch to LR and do post.

Or just delete your camera and start shooting film like the cool kids
>>
1. Download IrfanView or FastStone (FS natively supports .RAWs) for full screen review and deleting

2. Download AutoHotKey

3. New AHK script:
Numpad0::
Send ^+{Del}

4. Browse through photos, if you don't like it, hit 0 on numpad to delete photo. Make it on the copy folder - when you ctr+shift+delete a file you can't recover it from bin.

5. Go below 4 per burst, then pick 20 and postprocess them.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.