[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There are a lot of cheap C-mount lenses on eBay. What's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Ren-Hang3.jpg (215KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
Ren-Hang3.jpg
215KB, 1024x683px
There are a lot of cheap C-mount lenses on eBay. What's a good c mount camera to go with it? Preferably something digital or something that takes 35mm film.
>>
Just get a nikon 1 or a BMPCC and stop being such a hipster. Unless you're literally Pablo Larrain there is absolutely no reason to shoot such small format film.
>>
>>3121862
a few c mount lenses cover APS-C with minimal vignetting
>>
>>3121924
>BMPCC
I hadn't heard of this one. I've been looking for something smartphone sized but high quality.
>>
>>3122059
Black Magic Pocket Cinema Camera.
To be honest the lens matters more than the camera. Almost no point using a £500 camera if you're just going to put £20 lenses on it
>>
File: A1338-669x526.jpg (38KB, 669x526px) Image search: [Google]
A1338-669x526.jpg
38KB, 669x526px
>>3121862
There are no native C-mount stills cameras, only surveillance and old amateur movie cameras.

Get a cheapo micro4/3 camera (Olympus or Panasonic) or Nikon 1 series, and a C-mount adapter. I'd recommend Olympus due to image stabilization that will work with C-mount lenses.

Larger sensors are a waste with C-mount lenses, even if a few lenses cover them, the quality towards the edges is typically abysmal due to a combination of vignetting, massive field curvature, CA and general softness (although if you're into Lomography shit aesthetic, this might be a plus)
>>
I'll have to agree with what most say, c mount lenses were designed for 16mm, super 16mm and 8mm cameras, wich were film cameras at the time. Unless you plan to buy a Bolex and shoot, develop, scan, and edit films on that platform; or buy a Blackmagic Pocket for the sake of using low resolution lenses on it, I wouldn't sugest them. Cinema and TV student here so I've got around a few of them, they are not worth it unless you go for that old school lo-fi hipster look
>>
>>3121862
I stole a macro c-mount lens from my old lab, it was in a box of broken equipment and I guess the sensor of the camera was busted, but the lens was fine.

I'm gonna stick mine on my XT-10.
>>
>>3123602
I'm excited to see how that turns out
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.