[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I found a tree stand in my local forest, and am thinking of setting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: BDL091-Big-Dog-Treestand-(1).jpg (23KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
BDL091-Big-Dog-Treestand-(1).jpg
23KB, 500x500px
I found a tree stand in my local forest, and am thinking of setting up some sort of bait and waiting to take photos of the wildlife that comes. Am I in any danger? If a bear saw me would it attack me?
>>
>>3120071
Well first of all, do you even have bears where you live?

Second of all, they probably wouldn't go where you are if they could smell you. Humans are the worst and pretty much every animal around agrees.
>>
>>3120074
yeah i have bears, deer, racoons, i saw a bobcat the other day. I just want to see what comes out because there is a lot on the mountain i didn't think was there.
>>
>>3120071
>thinking of setting up some sort of bait
>Am I in any danger?

you bet!
this is highly illegal in many places and frowned upon in most others. if a game warden comes by expect a heavy fine, they don't care if you are shooting animals with a camera or a rifle when it comes to baiting and you could even face a poaching charge. what could be even worse is a die hard naturalist catches you baiting and boot fucks you in the woods.

by all means hang out in a blind and wait, time is the biggest price of hunting / nature photography. putting the time in will also earn you the respect of other nature guys / hunters, IE the only people other than you that will care about your photos.
>>
>>3120155
This guy knows whats up.

Just do what everyone else does, get up at 2am, wait til dawn, grab a packed breakfast and coffee and just chill. It might be more rewarding than just baiting shit.
>>
>>3120155
What if i don't use the traditional sense of bait. what if i use like wind chimes i've heard that attracts curious animals. thanks btw
>>3120156
is morning really the best time? I've seen a good amount at dusk.
>>
>>3120335
>>>3120155
>What if i don't use the traditional sense of bait. what if i use like wind chimes i've heard that attracts curious animals. thanks btw
That's dumb. You'll scare shit off. Animals that live in a certain area are creatures of habit that notice shit that's different. Introducing a new noise won't fly well. Don't shower the day before, leave the clothes you're going to wear outside for a day or two (so you aren't leaving a strong soap and detergent fragrance scent trail) and if you're a smoker, don't smoke.

As for the legality of baiting, call up your local game warden. Laws vary by time of year, purpose, and location. Like I can hunt deer and pigs over bait. Leave out the part about it not being your stand though. Oh, and baiting is an at least week long, preferably more like month long process. If you just dump some corn or whatever on the ground, then sit over it that day, there's a good chance that you won't see shit.

>>>3120156
>is morning really the best time? I've seen a good amount at dusk.
You do both. You go out well before dawn, wait until around 3 or so hours after the sunrise, then go back to your vehicle/camp/whatever until three or so hours before dusk, and wait again until it's fully dark.
>>
>>3120335
Oh, and be damn careful. A stupidly large number of hunters get seriously injured or killed by treestands every year.
>>
File: war-peacekeeping.jpg (98KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
war-peacekeeping.jpg
98KB, 640x480px
>>3120339
My welding teacher fell from a deer stand and like snapped one of his lower spinal vertebrae. He went through a long recovery and had to be in a wheelchair for a year or something. Still has trouble with incontinence of urine and his bowel. Probably has erection problems too but he never went that far in telling me. Lucky for him he already has kids in high school already.

So yeah, deer stands are no joke. Not to mention the hunters who get shot by their own gun when they drop it.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareGoogle
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Image Width640
Image Height480
>>
>>3120335
>what if i use like wind chimes i've heard that attracts curious animals.

What in the actual fuck?

>>3120335
>is morning really the best time?

Because you've never rolled out of bed before noon, it'll be a challenge, but if you want to get shit done, a real man gets up at the crack of dawn.
>>
>>3120338
yeah i've heard to smell 'natural' ie no deoderant and whatnot. i'll try it as well as both times of day.
>>3120339
>>3120487
fuck me i don't want to die. it's not that far up luckily and i'll only have my camera so hopefully i won't shoot myself.
>>3120489
ngl i don't like waking up before 9 but i'm not afraid of getting up at dark. i've done it before for hiking.
>>
>>3120071
yes
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.