[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get an emotional response from my photographs? I want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

How do I get an emotional response from my photographs? I want to capture the raw feeling of any given scene.
>>
>>3119796
Not trying to sound like a douche but take pictures of emotional things. It's easier said than done. You have to get out of your element in a way. Its hard to do just wandering around your home town. when I went to new Orleans to build houses for people who got fucked from Katrina I was able to capture what you are talking about. People would come to see what we were making for them or would come to see the finished home. It was so easy to do there. But I haven't really had that same chance. On vacation in other countries I sometimes get it with the locals. But you have to go out of your way is what I'm saying.
>>
Timing and including people's faces, bright and big.

Oh, and don't use kids.
>>
>>3119796
A scene has to have raw feeling for you to capture. You can't just create an emotional response taking pics of random shit. And since photography is considered a documentary medium (meaning some would consider it unethical to stage a scene) all you can do is seek it out in emotional places or hope you'll be lucky enough to stumble onto it.
For now you should focus on improving your technical skills (making pretty pictures) so that when the opportunity arises you don't squander it by taking terrible shots.
>>
>>3119796

get a person to do something they enjoy/hate. take a photo of it. then photoshop the hell out of it, turning a pretty mediocre shot into something that keeps your eye engaged.

sort of like the shot you posted anon.
>>
>>3119796
Jesus Christ, this "Jake Olsen Style yours for 19.99$ limited offer" is so plastic and gimmicky it hurts muh eyes...
>>
>>3119796
>punctum
Seriously, based on your pic related and mission statement I'd say you're setting the bar too low.
You need to generate layers of meaning, relying on the viewers ability to connect cultural references to visual cues and trigger subconscious and, ideally, ambiguous emotional responses. You should be (cynically or not) manipulative in your compositions, and be able to reliably invoke at least the base emotions. Fear, lust, nostalgia, calm, anger etc.
Think about all this in the context of repeatable method. Easy, really.

t.theorist
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.