[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

B&H general discussion do you shop there? no doubt B&H

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: bh_logo_square.jpg (69KB, 292x292px) Image search: [Google]
bh_logo_square.jpg
69KB, 292x292px
B&H general discussion
do you shop there?

no doubt B&H is killing the local camera store but it is hard to not order from them when they are cheaper, have everything in stock, and it gets to your door faster than you can order the item from the local guys.
>>
>caring about the local guys

Its their fault for being to stupid to sell things cheaper
>>
>>3118090
>do you shop there?
No
>>
>>3118092
>Its their fault for being to stupid to sell things cheaper
>not understanding overhead of physical stores

>>3118090
B&H usually is not the cheapest so I look elsewhere.
>>
>>3118090
No. They may sometimes be cheaper than your local brick and mortar store that sells everything at MSRP, but they sure as shit are never the cheapest place on the internet.

sage for the jews
>>
>>3118098
>>3118101
>sure as shit are never the cheapest place on the internet.

no but as far as shipping to Canada and actually knowing what NAFTA is all about, they are often the cheapest here.

I spent about a decade in photo retail and their prices are often lower than wholesale through Canadian distributors
>>
>>3118090

>be in college
>enter a film festival for students
>win $50 b&h gift certificate
>check it out
>holy shit this is all so expensive, what the fuck am I going to buy for $50?
>watch youtube videos
>youtubers have b&h sending them gear for fucking free

I dont like anything too corporate. It gets its money from wealthy hobbyists, and I'd rather spend my money elsewhere.

But, I did start compiling a wish list for my wedding video business and the first day my wishlist was $1400, I go back the next day and the price changed to $2500 without me adding any equipment...
>>
>>3118115
>But, I did start compiling a wish list for my wedding video business and the first day my wishlist was $1400, I go back the next day and the price changed to $2500 without me adding any equipment...

The Jews did it.
>>
>>3118090
ordered a used gimbal from them once... came with the last guy's receipt in the case lol
>>
I look on Amazon, Ebay, and check B&H often for "deals" or reduced prices. But they really are all the same. Can anyone guide me to other avenues instead of those 3?
>>
>>3119821
Refurbished, grey market, or used
>>
>>3118090
MFW I already spent 3k on gear XD
>>
>>3118128
B&H is literally Jewish
>>
There are more Jews per square inch in the B&H on 9th Ave than most temples, it's incredible.
>>
Their prices are shit, and they're almost always closed, which for some reason means you can't even place an online order. It's retarded, and Jews are shit.
>>
>>3119821

Adorama.
>>
>>3119875
again, they often have the same prices as Amazon and B&H
>>
>>3119884

That's because all of them are priced at the absolute lowest point a retailer can be and still make a profit, and even then they're selling for something like 1%-5% above cost.
>>
>>3119900
>>3119884

Nikon, Canon, etc all set a minimum advertised price for their authorized dealers. If you want new gear cheaper than that, you have to buy grey market.

I also like refurbished. Sells for around the used price, it's had a good once over again at the factory, and has a 90 warranty or whatever

I don't like used, but if you do that just make sure there is a return policy
>>
>>3118098
>so I look elsewhere.

where? Where? Only thing that comes to mind is craigslist.
>>
>>3118098
B&H or KEH do not have physical stores or overhead? They do however have purchasing power, the entire Canadian camera market is 1/2 the size of the Los Angeles photo market. A single New York store like B&H that ships globally can put an order in to Nikon that is larger than what all the stores in some countries combined can place, and larger orders get better discounts.
>>
>>3119863
>and they're almost always closed
literally once a week
>>
The only thing going for them is having all the development chemicals at a low price, and not having to pay tax if you don't live in jewyork
>>
>>3119955

And every moment of every Jewish holiday. I'm not one for the "the Jews did it" meme, but it is ridiculous they are constantly closed for days and weeks at a time.
>>
>>3119941

I've gotten all of my lenses refurbished from Canon directly
>>
>>3119955
Why close the online store? Just make customers aware their orders wont be processed/shipped until whatever future date. It's so stupid.
>>
>>3120097
>closed for days and weeks at a time.
>weeks

prove it, buddy
>>
>>3120126

Probably so they don't get hit with an insurmountable backlog of orders when they get back from Fishover or whatever Jew Holiday it is this week. They are, surprisingly, not a huge operation with an army of slaves like Amazon.
>>
>>3120131

Is this for real? Try to visit the store or order something online during Hannukah, Passover, Sukkot... You'll find Jewish holidays you never even knew existed if you regularly visit their online store
>>
File: jr-card.jpg (373KB, 1222x1560px) Image search: [Google]
jr-card.jpg
373KB, 1222x1560px
Lol yhey get all this shit plus federal holidays
>>
>>3118090
>B&H isn't your local camera store

u shud move
>>
>>3120170
I can assure you we don't get federal holidays, it's actually a fucking pain in the ass.
>>
>>3118090
>the local camera store
fuck local camera stores. they sell people stuff they don't need at high prices with a bad return policy. dealing with local camera stores has always been like chewing off a melanoma.
>>
>>3120161
They open on Christmas?
>>
>>3120300

I don't know, I'm not typically buying camera gear online on Christmas, that day is a little busy for me.
>>
File: tuchus_connoiseur.jpg (39KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tuchus_connoiseur.jpg
39KB, 1280x720px
>>3118092
>give your shekels to B&H
>local stores and competition goes out of business
>competition is kill, kikes hikes prices
>you get goy't like the dumb goy you are
idiot
>>
>>3120257
But how can you jew if the banks are closed
>>
>>3120311
They let us out early on Fridays, which I'm 99% sure is just so that they can finish up the week's chores before the sabbath.
>>
>>3120305
>definitely pay more today, for a less convenient service
vs
>definitely save money today for an excellent service, and potentially pay more for the same service in the post-race-war-apocalypse future a 4channer has foretold

Really makes you think...
>>
>>3119941
Craigslist here is fucking shit for cameras.

They want (on average) 50% more than ebay prices and you still have to drive and meet the assholes.
>>
>>3118090
I just ordered a Tokina lens that was the deal of the day and delivery is Tuesday.
I bought a camera a few years ago and have slowly been adding to it from articles or posts I've read, so when I see something on sale, I google it to check reviews and prices and decide from there. I hardly use the camera, so I'm in no rush but have a good collection of lenses, tripod, flash, battery grip, etc, so now that I'm retired, I have the equipment and the time to start using it.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.