[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was looking back on the pictures I've been taking in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1487317904674.jpg (106KB, 584x485px) Image search: [Google]
1487317904674.jpg
106KB, 584x485px
I was looking back on the pictures I've been taking in the past year and I've made a shocking discovery. I'm a creep with a camera. All this time and effort, and I haven't shot anything meaningful.I know it sounds like a joke, but I feel genuinely depressed about it.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 Windows
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016-12-22T17:02:21+10:00
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width584
Image Height485
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
Try talking to your subjects and make street portraits instead, or make peace with the fact that there is no expectation of privacy in public and photography is by nature a marriage of document and expression.
>>
>>3117606
So basically voyeurism.
Like a cuck.
Enjoy your hobby, cuckfaggots.
>>
>>3117600
I usually feel fulfilled when I have an idea of what I want to capture/how I want to shoot and then go out there and try my best to do it. Mainly because I almost always come out with something I never would have thought of, and always end up surprising myself.
>>
>>3117600
>>3117659
It also helps to set small goals each time you go out and shoot so when you accomplish them that's at least one thing you can be proud of.
>>
I just take picture of people just because it's a picture of people. In that sense, it's extremely uninspired and the shittiest of snapshits. Just about the only thing of interest my shots have is that I took a picture of a person from the front (which not many people have the courage to do). I really need to take this to the next level and actually try to put some meaning into the photograph besides "oh, a cute girl! *snapshits*"
>>
>>3117653

You said what something is without saying why it's bad.

Classic mistake. Show your work, my man.
>>
>>3117688
>Show your work, my man.
LMAO how fucking ironic coming from you of all shitcunts
>>
street photography is a shitty meme, my friend.
take pictures of people, things and places YOU care about.
>>
>>3117600
aren't we all creeps with a camera at the end of the day?
>>
>>3117719
>take pictures of people, things and places YOU care about.

This. Sounds simple, but really think about it.
>>
>>3117671
don't simply just take surprise shots from upfront then, work around your subject and shoot what your eye draws yourself towards.

instead of just shooting to get the shot, take fewer but more unique and interesting ones
>>
>>3117671
>taking pictures of random attractive girls

Do people genuinely consider this street photography
>>
>>3117783
i take photos of asses. street asses.
>>
File: IMG_7463resize.jpg (478KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7463resize.jpg
478KB, 1000x667px
>>3117600
I know how you feel, everything i capture as well seems to be without meaning and on top of that i get very nervous about taking photos of people, and usually stick to animals or inanimate objects. Even if I am in a crowd.

Why don't you share something it can't be any worse then me and no one here is going to be any harder on you than yourself.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 40D
Firmware VersionFirmware Version 1.1.1
Serial Number0820510212
Lens NameEF50mm f/1.8 STM
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2017:07:20 13:16:09
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramNot Defined
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Exposure Bias0 EV
FlashFlash, Compulsory
Focal Length50.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1000
Image Height667
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Focus TypeAuto
Metering ModeEvaluative
SharpnessUnknown
SaturationNormal
ContrastNormal
Shooting ModeMacro/Close-Up
Image SizeLarge
Focus ModeOne-Shot
Drive ModeSingle
Flash ModeExternal Flash
Compression SettingFine
Macro ModeNormal
White BalanceAuto
Exposure Compensation3
Sensor ISO Speed224
Color Matrix129
>>
>>3117689

I meant in in the sense of a math or logic problem. Show the work you did in arriving at your conclusion.
>>
>>3117847
Just when I think I'm my own harshest critic, I post them on /p/ and am instantly proven wrong.
>>
>>3117783
the best of the genre, actually
>>
My photos are shitty and shallow too but isn't it expected? Aren't we all hobbyists here? Most of the good photographs we admire were taken by professionals who took a lot of photographs almost every day and only published very few. Now with social media the temptation is too big to post your photographs online as soon as possible for some likes. I think you should take some time and read some photography books, think of some theme you want to explore and take photographs for at least a year before you decide which to publish.
>>
>>3117688

i've never seen you post your shit here either, really makes one think, huh?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.