[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to take photos like the instagram user @een_wasbeer (pic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

I want to take photos like the instagram user @een_wasbeer (pic related). The still water effect and the dusk colours are lovely. I wonder if she used a monopod with a shutter speed of a second or so, or a monopod. She has tons of pics, some of them definitely taken with a tripod. But I can't imagine her lugging around a tripod all the time.

So, what is the minimal amount of time needed to get the still water effect, and is that time doable with a monopod?

I borrowed a tripod from a friend and tried it out a few times. I have noticed that in general a tripod is quite cumbersome. This one in particular is a bit too big for my backpack, so carrying it around is a pain in the ass. Setting it up also takes time. I did take few photos in Amsterdam with the thing, and I noticed I could get the still water effect with 4 seconds. I didn't test out faster shutter speeds though.
>>
>>3116554
Tripods don't have to be big or heavy. You can buy carbon fibre tripods that come in at under 500 grams.

Hell even my cheap as shit Manfrotto tripod can fit in a shoulder bag
>>
File: Clipboard02.jpg (141KB, 1057x492px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard02.jpg
141KB, 1057x492px
>>3116559

I asked her, she replied she uses a Joby GorillaPod. I'm quite surprised she makes it work. Probably fixes it to something.
>>
I did similar stuff without a tripod. If you look around you'll usually find a big enough ledge or railing or smth to put your camera on

After that it kinda depends. It's pointless to ask for specifics when it's easier to just try it out yourself and see what you like best.

And as silly as it may sound, it also depends how calm the water is. Dutch grachten have tiny waves about all the time, a little pond/lake might be much more still and so and so forth

Also have a gorillapod like that and it's handy, especially the magnetic one, because they're horribly tiny and you can wrap them around stuff (provided your camera is light enough)
>>
>>3116610
In Utrecht, most railings above the canals are made of round bars, so putting the camera on there doesn't work. There are a few benches, but usually there's trees blocking the view, or I could use the bricks on the ground, but at that height there's usually a bicycle parked against the railing.

So I tried some stuff already, and the tripod I lent was quite bulky. So I wondered how people who take lots of snaps with one go about.
>>
>>3116626
Goddamn Utrecht man
Then I'd suggest getting a qt tiny gorillapod, you can wrap it's legs around the railing

I forget it in my bag quite often, it weighs almost nothing and takes up very little space. Look up gorillapod magnetic on tweakers or kameraexpress etc, it's just 20e. Do check if it can support the weight of your camera, might not be good for the chubbier dslrs
>>
>>3116654
Do they have taller ones, are they all small?
>>
File: P6100335.jpg (228KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
P6100335.jpg
228KB, 750x1000px
>>3117157
for the magnetic one I don't think there's a bigger one than http://joby.com/gorillapod-magnetic which is what I have, and it's quite tiny
capacity is 325g; my camera is ~400g including the lens, and it fares well in most situations, but nothing overly extreme

if you mean taller gorillapods in general, then you already answered it in >>3116580

also, that @een_wasbeer has a nice style at first glance, but after the 4th pic I checked out it feels gimmicky and overly processed; it's good to understand how she gets there, but some of those don't feel very real to me; also a bit too much of the same dutch canals with reflections and the same colors in all
>sometimes I get the same feel about NL as a whole tbqh desu senpai

post your ig if you have one OP, let's share dutch pics
mine's https://www.instagram.com/_garogum/ if you're curious

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeOLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
Camera ModelE-M10
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.1 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/3.5
Color Filter Array Pattern800
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)60 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2017:06:11 13:12:21
Exposure Time1/40 sec
F-Numberf/9.0
Exposure ProgramShutter Priority
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/9.0
Exposure Bias-1 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length30.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto Bracket
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlLow Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>3116554
>@een_wasbeer
wtf all the pics are the same. dont try to copy that shit
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.