[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people buy m43 when better apsc bodies are cheaper and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0562.jpg (64KB, 592x554px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0562.jpg
64KB, 592x554px
Why do people buy m43 when better apsc bodies are cheaper and the same size? What's the appeal of buying a bad camera for no reason?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution182 dpi
Vertical Resolution182 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width592
Image Height554
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
File: newzealand10second.jpg (256KB, 1015x1280px) Image search: [Google]
newzealand10second.jpg
256KB, 1015x1280px
The lenses tend to be smaller and lighter.
IBIS also allows you to preserve dynamic range by keeping the ISO low while being able to handhold ridiculous shutter speeds.

You can also pull off ridiculous shit like this without a tripod.
Like what the fuck.

>https://petapixel.com/2017/05/23/gorgeous-10-second-milky-way-photo-shot-hand-held/
>[This is] a single handheld 10 second exposure, which was the best of the four I took. I used the wonderful Olympus 8mm f/1.8 fisheye lens and exposed at ISO1600 for 10 seconds at f/1.8. I’m really impressed at the detail that this shot retained.
>>
>>3113281
too bad it's not a good photo
>>
>>3113281
why do you reply to a b8 thread that was made at least 4 times in the same variant over the past few days?

sage
>>
>>3113283
Its not about the composition, subject, or whatever the fuck for this particular photo.

Its strictly to show that before IBIS, if you said you could handhold a 10-second exposure and that it came out not looking a bunch of swirled lights, people would laugh and tell you to fuck right off
>>
>>3113283
i like it
>>
>>3113266
meme about the sensor all you want, but Olympus and Panasonic bodies are fucking great
>>
>>3113496

>MADE IN CHINA
>>
>>3113621
>chinkshit is better than the overheating ergonomic nightmare of Sony bodies
lmao

but to be fair, the Sony is probably chinkshit too since every major camera maker manufactures at least some of their inventory in China
>>
>micro four MEMES
>>
>>3113830
Only entry level Rebels are made in China.

Fuji may be all Japanese, but I'm not sure because I haven't searched for the country of origin on most of the X mount bodies.

And yes, Sony's made in Thailand like all of Nikon's crop bodies.
>>
>>3113281
>The lenses tend to be smaller and lighter.

How so?

In the one instance I've taken the time to research, the Olympus was larger and heavier than the Canon.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/products/details/lenses/ef/telephoto/ef-300mm-f-4l-is-usm

>3.5 x 8.7, 2.6 lbs. / 90.0 x 221.0mm, 1190g

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1210734-REG/olympus_v311070bu000_m_zuiko_digital_ed_300mm.html

>Approx. 3.64 x 8.94" (92.5 x 227 mm) 3.25 lb (1475 g)
>>
>>3114506
I said tend to, not always.
The primes trio of wide, medium, telephoto are some the lightest
>>
>>3114531
Can you point out the primes you're speaking of?

The point is also that the Canon is just over half the price of the Olympus despite its FF coverage.
>>
>>3113266
The real question is why do you faggots care so much about what other people shoot with?
>>
>>3114506
mft is 2x crop, so you should really be comparing that 300mm full frame Canon lens with a 150mm oly lens
>>
>>3114535
this >>3114537

a 300mm MFT lens (on a MFT sensor) has a 35mm/full frame equivalence of 600mm
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.