[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i've always wanted to get into film photography but never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: tag sale.png (792KB, 700x592px) Image search: [Google]
tag sale.png
792KB, 700x592px
i've always wanted to get into film photography but never wanted to make the initial investment of buying a film camera and film but today at a tag sale a guy sold me a bag of cameras for $25 (pic related is the contents)

i know absolutely nothing about film photography or development but want to learn how to do experimental shit with film -- how do i go about this? also, are these cameras any good? googling their model numbers give very generic results and i can't tell what sort of stuff i'm working with

also, what's the best place online to learn about how to use/maintain/troubleshoot these?
>>
You just blow in from stupid town, my dude?
>>
>>3110907
yeah, i usually go on /mu/
>>
>>3110903
post better pics of the cameras.
>>
>>3110903

double exposures duh

just reuse under exposed film

plus film is awful, you get almost nothing from the shitty ass chemicals they use to expose, so anything with sharpness, or quality is gone

so yeah, enjoy doing shitty meme photography because you're too poor to invest in a good, sharp, good looking format that actually gives crisp images
>>
>>3110903
>i know absolutely nothing about film photography or development
Once you understand how manual exposure works it’ll be very easy to get the hang of those SLRs. They’re built so that even morons can just pick them up and use them. As for dev, don’t try doing it yourself unless you wanna commit to shooting a significant amount of film on a regular basis. Give your negs to a lab and have them dev/scan (note that lab scans are notoriously beyond dreadful but it won’t matter until you’re confident/good/committed enough to get yourself a dedicated scanner). Film-wise, just buy the cheap stuff to begin with (speciality films are wasted on lab scans) then do some research, buy a few different kinds and just play with them and see which work for you.

>want to learn how to do experimental shit with film
Learn how to take good pictures first (a step 9/10 people who shoot film skip) as that’ll help you infinitely more when you come to try out the ‘artsy’ shit.

>are these cameras any good?
Those Ollys are good and exactly what you need to get started. Keep all the lenses you think you need and sell/chuck the rest (especially that pos on the right).

>what's the best place online to learn about how to use/maintain/troubleshoot these?
Ken ‘Our Lord and Saturator’ Rockwell has a good amount of information most film cameras, failing that there are hundreds of ridiculously comprehensive blogs out there dedicated to the same purpose.

Also final tip, don’t listen to >>3110981. People think film sucks but in reality people suck with film. If you use a good film with good glass, correct focus and exposure and scan properly, you can get images which are every bit as sharp as digital but far more beautiful. If you want to get even more detail, you can go medium format which blows 99% of digital bodies out the water when used right.
>>
I have an Olympus OM-1 and I absolutely love almost everything about it. What I don't love is the light meter being too dark to read in low light, but you can get a handheld meter, or use your knowledge of lighting.
>>
>>3111001

That's what you get for falling to the SLR meme
>>
>>3110903
if you don't even want to make the cheap investment of buying a camera body and lens, then you certainly won't want to make the massive investment on film infrastructure

remember, film is the opposite of digital: camera is cheap, shooting is expensive
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.