[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone know if a 24mm lens would be wide enough when a dslr

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Sony-FE-24-70mm-Lens-Rental.jpg (50KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Sony-FE-24-70mm-Lens-Rental.jpg
50KB, 300x300px
Does anyone know if a 24mm lens would be wide enough when a dslr is suction cupped to the interior windshield of a car to get a good shot of the driver and passenger?
>>
Depends on the angle you can manage to shoot at and if it is a full frame DSLR. I was able to get both front seats in frame putting the camera on the dashboard of my honda civic just to the right of the steering wheel with a 24mm lens. I dont know if you would be able to do it with 35 even on a full frame. That cars dash was really deep too so the camera was like 3 and a half feet away from me when resting on the dash and i still was just able to get both seats in the frame.
>>
I'll be using an a7sII so it's full frame.
>>
You'll need something about 17-20mm on FF
>>
Go pros and other action cams are ~15mm, so I assume something similar.
>>
>>3110692
sounds like a simple enough setup, why not just try it real quick instead asking /p/?
>>
>>3110718
I need to rent the equipment and I need an all purpose lens. I was hoping the 24-70mm would cover my bases.
>>
>>3110699
Was your camera full frame? Do you happen to have w screen shot?
>>
>>3110722
that's a definite no, you're gonna need an ultrawide because this specific use case doesn't fall under "standard zoom". it also depends on the car but I would imagine 10-18 mm
>>
>>3110692
Fucking look up the angle of view, then do your calculations. This shit ain't hard.
>>
>>3110744
I'm clearly not knowledgeable about this kind of thing.
>>
>>3110722
bring the car to the rental place and try there to see if you'll need to rent a different or second lens. hopefully the renter will let you do that before you pay.

or consider shooting the scene in another way
>>
>>3110748
Know how to trig?

Measure from outer most edge you want in frame to outer most edge (outside of driver's seat to outside of passenger seat). There's your long edge. Measure from one of these points to where you want to mount the camera....bam, you have your triangle.

You can either math it out yourself:
https://www.mathsisfun.com/algebra/trig-solving-sss-triangles.html

Or, you can use a triangle solver:
http://www.calculator.net/triangle-calculator.html

Bam, you now know what angle of view you need. Any lens with a smaller angle of view will not capture as much, any with a larger angle of view will capture more.
>>
10 - 14mm
>>
>>3110692
No. But the 12mm Samyang fisheye would be wide enough, it has an ~180 degree FoV.
>>
I'm confused cause numerous people say it can't be done, but >>3110699 says he's done it.
>>
>>3110857
every car and dash is different
you're giving almost no details and are too autistic to just use a go pro, what do you expect ?
>>
>>3111008
I don't know what the car will be yet, and we only have the budget for 2 gopros (which will be shooting singles). Trying to get full coverage in a single take.
>>
>>3111028
do multiple takes
what budget constraint prevents you from doing it more than once? you have to cut it together in post anyway
I can already tell your video is going to be shit
>>
>>3111425
Full coverage allows for improv and maximum editing freedom. Continuity could be dodgy in a car cutting between different takes. I've done this before with 2 GoPros and it wasn't ideal.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.