[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where can I learn how to edit my digital photographs? This might

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: dean.jpg (106KB, 620x407px) Image search: [Google]
dean.jpg
106KB, 620x407px
Where can I learn how to edit my digital photographs? This might sound arrogant coming from a noob but the books and tutorials I found were from people who I didn't like the work of. Are there any courses thought by actual masters? Like people who have their work in big galleries and not just get a lot of likes on social media from amateurs?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeLinoHell
Camera ModelELS5000
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC (Macintosh)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width4178
Image Height5000
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Compression SchemeUnknown
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2013:09:12 10:39:02
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width620
Image Height407
>>
thats a pretty valid request, but im afraid you wont be able to get anything like that. fine art pros dont go around hosting courses on how to pp their work, they focus 100% on how to build a body of work, editing and narrative skills, unless they are eye candy one trick ponys like benoit paille, but its not the norm.

also most of the time they have nobodies that are good on pp, that do the boring work for them, these dont host pp workshops either.

your best shot would be to get proficient at photoshop and also develop enough sensory acuity to "reverse engineer" the process of a given photo, so know where did they dodged or burned, where they lifted whole sections exposure, or how they shifted or compressed tonality as a whole.

emailing authors with specific questions gives good results most of the time, just dont be autistic or try to rob much of their time.

tl;dr nope, git gud.
>>
>>3110679
>who I didn't like the work of.
Who gives a shit if you like their work?

You're learning technique. How you apply the technique is up to you.
>>
>>3110679
Not all great artists are great teachers.
Not all great teachers are great artists.

Learn from skilled teachers, even those whose work you don't like, with that knowledge you can then analyse and interpret techniques of the people whose work you like most.
>>
>take photo
>edit in Lightroom
>get critiques
>analyze other work, both current (ig, tumblr, etc.) and past work (museums, art books, whatever)
>figure out what you like
>if you don't like anything you see, either go fuck yourself or change the game
>git gud

congrats now you know how to edit
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.