[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Here's yet another "What to charge?" thread for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

Here's yet another "What to charge?" thread for your enjoyment!

TL;DR first:

I'm moving, and photography work is about to fall into my lap. I've never done this for pay, and have no idea what to charge. Any advice is appreciated.

>
>
>

The long version:

My life where I am is falling apart (not worth the sob story here), and I'm moving out of state. In part, I'll be close to my family for the first time in almost a decade. Leaving everything behind, I'll be seeking employment where I'm headed.

My sister's current roommate is an actress who has been getting small gigs with local commercials. She has seen some of my old photos, and has asked me if I'd be willing to do some headshots and the like. I'm already willing to do at least a little for free, for the experience.

The offer is already on the table for this actress to bring me work if she likes the results. It's show biz, so everyone is hoping to find their big break. I'd be picking up head shots, character sessions, possibly audition videos, on a regular basis.

To add another layer, several local businesses are in need of product shots, interior and exterior photos, and other advertising materials.

Of course, as this would be my first foray, I have literally no fucking clue where to begin.

I've long considered working for myself, and even if this is just part time (which is most likely), that would be extremely satisfying.

Thanks to some other hard breaks in life, I had stopped doing photography for many years. Having picked it up again, I've already got people asking for prints of my nature photography and landscapes.

I've just never worked with people as subjects,
>>
Chels, is that you?
>>
>>3110632
if you're a noob you're better off working under someone else
if you insist on freelancing on your own, then you're looking at shit jobs and shit clients, so expect $100-500 day
when you get medium clients, that's prolly $500-1500, like corporate or weddings
beyond that you're experienced enough and you know what to charge
>>
>>3111435
Thank you for a real answer.

I don't consider myself a complete novice, but there are two factors putting me at a lower status for this endeavor: I have never done photography for money, and I have never worked with people as subjects.

I am not thinking I'll jump right in with high-art photos and making serious bank. But some side income would be nice.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.