[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is /p/'s level of vitality and why is it dead? [EXIF

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: psucks.jpg (63KB, 652x442px) Image search: [Google]
psucks.jpg
63KB, 652x442px
what is /p/'s level of vitality and why is it dead?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS Windows
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution95 dpi
Vertical Resolution95 dpi
Image Created2012:12:11 19:20:53
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width652
Image Height442
>>
>>3109994
Waddayamean man? The board is ON FIRE.
>>
>>3109994
nice qualitypost, thanks for visiting!
>>
>>3110001

a dumpster fire, perhaps

>>3110002

yw
>>
>>3110007
So wtf burnt YOU out?
>>
>>3109994
>and why is it dead
Belligerent NEETs people masturbating over specs and splogs one begins to wonder if they even own cameras at all.

I still stop by from time to time but most people who are interested in actual photography go elsewhere.
>>
isi is the only source of creative life left in these wastelands
>>
>>3109994
the most amusing aspect of /p/ is how this is mostly a textboard
>>
>>3110110
>this is mostly a textboard
Because all the dumb cunts bickering about which is the best camera don't actually own them let alone use them to take pictures
>>
There are two main contributing factors to the decline of this board: the sticky, and general threads.

While other boards have fairly helpful stickies that welcome newcomers, /p/'s is full of bizarrely idiosyncratic and totally arbitrary bullshit rules that are not at all hospitable to new visitors. And because they're written down, they're codified. Because they're codified, there was a cadre of retard zealots who would relentlessly hound anyone careless enough to, say, post a photo that was well within 4chan's acceptable filesize but larger than our archaic standard. Who wants to participate in a community where you get mercilessly hounded over made up rules?

General threads were a good idea on paper, but terrible for the board in execution. First of all, they compounded the board nanny bullying effect. Post a few of your photos outside of the rpt? You must be a stupid faggot! This isn't a photography board! Ask a simple gear question? You fucktard! You just bumped a dead thread that hasn't seen any activity in a week off page 10!

It also created an environment where
board drama could thrive. Since the first page moved more slowly since all of the oc was being posted in a single thread, the shitflinging threads almost never sank to page 2. They were kept high in the mix, rather than be drowned out by a higher thread creation rate encouraged by a no-generals style of board organization. In essence, you see the same five or six most popular threads hover on the front page for a fucking week (or month), which allowed bullshit tripfag drama to engulf the board for like three goddamn years already.

The rpt is also a terrrrrible format. Concentrate literally all of the photography on this board into a single goddamn thread? What the fuck? Why should there only be five fucking threads dedicated to photography and 75 to gear and drama? How is anyone supposed to even critique photos in the rpt? Or appreciate them? Holy fuck.
>>
>>3110247

Also, some general threads are good. Instagram/Flickr/tumblr threads? Great. Keep that shit tidy and organized.

"What camera should I buy" general threads? Fucking incredible, wish people still kept those going instead of worthless gear generals and gaywad no-homers-club film generals. No one is ever going to put in the effort into creating a buying guide png, so the what-camera-should-I-buy threads are the next best thing.
>>
>>3110247
Who makes the general threads? I have thought about this same thing myself and wonder why we dont change it.
>>
>>3109994
K I L L T H E R P T
>>
>>3110247
it's starting to seem like you can either have a gear-whoring board, or a board that turns into every photography forum where people circle jerk over shit photos and stage weekly contests and whatever fucking geriatrics with leicas like doing online.

The RPT is kinda shit, but it's probably better than every dipshit with 6 out-of-focus shots to rub together flooding the board until it's "fast".
>>
>>3110098
they go reddit /p/ is full of cunty film snobbs
>>
>>3110307
t. still mad because of the "post five (5) digital photos with good colors" thread.
>>
>>3109994
Moopco hasn't been on in a while and the whole place has just died because of it.
>>
>>3110326
literally this. moopco is a high caliber gentleman, somewhat meh photog, but a total bro.
>>
File: g2eh92c9nf8z.jpg (580KB, 2692x1807px) Image search: [Google]
g2eh92c9nf8z.jpg
580KB, 2692x1807px
>>3110313
https://www.reddit.com/r/analog/
>>
>>3109994

dunno, I used to come here all the time back in 2014-2015. I have many good memories from this place and learned a LOT from some of you guys. Do we still have MF / LF threads ?
>>
I don't mind people making a new thread and posting only one photograph. It'd be better in many ways than RPT.
>>
>>3110326
>>3110329
Wait wut?

I find his (your) gear baiting threads fairly entertaining, but they are exactly what the rest of the board hates - it's literal drama for its own sake.
>>
File: 1372101165704.jpg (299KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1372101165704.jpg
299KB, 800x800px
>>3110247

This pretty much sums it up. General threads killed /p/. This used to be a pretty vibrant community.

That said, I haven't been here in years. Do you guys still make books, do print shares, is that camera still in rotation around the world? Do you have share and edit photos-threads, anon vs tripfags? Does that one guy still stand at the beach and contemplate life?

Fuck this place is dead.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Image Width2421
Image Height2421
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution96 dpi
Vertical Resolution96 dpi
Image Created2013:04:06 17:53:04
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width800
Image Height800
>>
>>3110363
He created discussion and fostered improvement from fellow photographers.

You may have disagreed with his views and his photos, but he was the glue that held this board together.

Drama is preferable to the empty void of nothing and imminent closure due to dropping visitor counts.
>>
>>3110382
imminent closure? surely people went somewhere else. communities don't just disappear like that.
>>
File: 1471172798304.jpg (621KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1471172798304.jpg
621KB, 800x800px
>>3110375

Camera SoftwareMicrosoft Windows Photo Viewer 6.1.7600.16385
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016-08-14T21:05:16+10:00
Image Width800
Image Height800
>>
/fgt/ is pretty comfy and sometimes even faster than /rpt/ desu famalam
>>
>>3110390
I agree /fgt/ is the only good general thread but then again I try to create new threads instead of posting in /fgt/
>>
File: MT_feb_1987_hands_across_large.jpg (81KB, 625x700px) Image search: [Google]
MT_feb_1987_hands_across_large.jpg
81KB, 625x700px
>>3110262
nah

no way

you mean we should actually take enough photos and use self restraint to select which ones are worthy in a thread for criticism or feedback?

yo why would anyone do that when you can just dump the last three frames from your dslr into a never ending general of trash.
Surely they're not doing it to try and get noticed in the thread where no-one fucking looks.
>>
>>3110393
Me too. I think we should encourage people starting their own threads for new pics if they have like 4+ or something with a specific theme as well. I tried to start a parks and gardens thread some weeks ago but it didn't stick at all while people kept on posting their snapshits on rpt.
>>
>>3110382
Still being an asinine, hyperbolic faggot then.

>>3110406 et al
excellent shots get posted to RPT all the time, but if you never go there how would you know.

Agreed there are always a couple of entitled twats expecting raptures over their fucking flowers, but just let the critical mass deal with them.
>>
>>3110431
You managed to address yourself. Good jobbu
>>
>>3110431
I praise, damn and post OC in equal measure, and I don't turboshill anything. Not sure what else I can do man.
>>
Post more threads with OC and don't fall for bait, we're currently under attack of Sony shills creating several garbage threads every day.
>>
>>3110304

It's actually vastly preferable to have the latter option. If a dipshit makes his own thread with 6 out-of-focus shots, then we can very easily and quickly say "hey dipshit, your shots are out of focus." Boom, thread's done, off to page 10 it goes. The dipshit has received valuable and honest critique, an older dead thread has been pruned off the bottom and the board freshens up, and we can move on with our lives. Critique is much easier when you can see someone's entire recent output in a single place. Common flaws begin to stand out, and you get a more coherent sense of what the photographer was trying to do and say. You get a better sense of their skill level as well.

The other option is dipshit hides his photos, probably not even in sequence or together (or even in the same rpt) and everyone either ignores it or someone might pick out one or two photos and say "hey dipshit, these are out of focus." The rest of his out of focus snapshits go unnoticed and the lesson goes unlearned.

4chan has free, unlimited threads. Why do we parcel them out like bread in a Communit winter? For navigability? Maybe in the olden days before we had the catalog and a search bar it made sense to curtail smaller threads that cluttered the board, but I've also been here since practically the beginning and this place has NEVER been so busy that you couldn't find exactly the thread you wanted.
>>
>>3110326
>>3110329
Nice try poopchute but I'm sure I hide one or two of your threads everyday.

You could actually be quite funny but it seems to me that you really believe all the shit you come out with. And that's just sad
>>
>>3110474
Don't make fun of autistic people. It's not funny, especially not in a tragic case like moop boi.
>>
Btw these are our current image threads:
>>3109028
>>3100691
>>3096400
>>3096816
>>3108200
>>3106230
>>3106439
>>3101970
>>3104910
>>3099808
>>3109354
>>3106118
>>3095578
>>
Repost of >>3110463
I replied to the wrong post.

>>3110433
Contribute twice for everything that you take. This won't cost much time and helps a lot, also to bring in your interests.

For example, if you are asking for feedback on 3 shots, try to give proper feedback for 6. If you just read an interesting hint or reference, try to contribute with two of yours. If someone helps on your question, answer two other questions.
If you miss an action by others on your post, address the problem by taking said action twice.

And before every post, be critical if you contribute to a better community or make things worse.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.