[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i was stupid faggot when 2 years ago i bought Sony A7r. now im

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: gm1.jpg (58KB, 619x412px) Image search: [Google]
gm1.jpg
58KB, 619x412px
i was stupid faggot when 2 years ago i bought Sony A7r. now im selling this shit and get nice Panasonic GM1 with 20mm and 14mm pancake lenses.
>>
okay
>>
maybe i write more.

i think i was fooled to a "full frame quality". of course FF is fucking brilliant. but its not worth extra money if you dont shoot commercially.

for everyday shooting m43 is cheap, light and best option.
>>
>>3109977
yeah but you'll get gimped by shitty ergonomics and no good framing devices
m43 really is bitch sized, you might as well shoot a 1" or a phone at that point
get a gr and an optical viewfinder
>>
>>3109984
>get a gr

What if you don't like 28mm?
>>
>>3109984
>you might as well shoot a 1" or a phone at that point
nice meme
>>
>>3109977
> of course FF is fucking brilliant. but its not worth extra money if you dont shoot commercially.
Eh, why exactly wouldn't it be worth spending a few grand every now and then on your hobby?
>>
File: 1496178253216.jpg (133KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1496178253216.jpg
133KB, 540x960px
i was stupid faggot when 2 years ago i bought Mamiya RB67. now im selling this shit and get nice Nikon Df with 50mm and 35mm classic lenses.
>>
>>3110010
that shit is so ugly
>>
>>3109990
How can you not like 28mm?
>>
>>3109998
this is point of view man who is not rich. this is answer. if you can afford camera in this price do it, but if you have doubts its not worth...
>>
>>3110010
Get that trip back on, so that I can filter you out, you neanderthal.
>>
>>3110025
It's too wide for me.
>>
>>3109973
I thought about buying a micro four thirds camera but the images I saw so far didn't look too good. It's not the resolution but they have a flat look to them.
>>
>>3109984
>Panasonic and Olympus
>shitty ergonomics
Okay, serious talk now here for a second: Do Sony Users come from another dimension and have crabhands with backwards bending pincer-fingers?
Because no matter how much I tried, I couldn't get used to The a6000 OR the a7 ergonomically when I borrowed them from a friend. And the Menu-Layout is even worse. And many Reviewers seem to agree that Ergonomics aren't sony's strong point.
>>
sad thing is that now M43 is dead.
>>
>>3110054
>"sad thing is that now M43 is dead." increasingly nervous Sony says for the seventh time this decade
>>
>>3109990
>14mm pancake lenses
>on m43
>>
after while i think 12-32 (f3.5-f5.6) and 20mm f1.7 is better.
>>
>>3110052

a6000 and a7 are outdated bodies.

Try an a7rii or a9, completely different menu system and layout, much easier to use.
>>
>>3110077

>40mm f/2.8 equivalent

Hah!
>>
>>3110078

Try a Panasonic, with nine (!) programmable Fn buttons, an articulating touch screen with touch focus, perfect dials (one around the shutter button, are you kidding me? Why hasn't anyone thought of this?), speedy-as-hell operation, and more innovative features than you can count.
>>
>>3110081

The entire a7 series has 9 customizable buttons and 3 customizable control wheels. Instant boot from off on the later models too.

And it comes with a decently sized sensor.
>>
>>3110080
yeap. and this is not scary for me.

btw. im selling my Sony Zeiss 55mm 1.8, Sony 28mm f2 + 21mm adapter with my shitty A7r :^)
>>
>>3110087

I'll give ya 500 for the set.
>>
>>3110078
>completely different menu system and layout, much easier to use.
but still crap
>>
>>3110086
I dont really have that many issues with the buttons on my a7 either. As far as menus are concerned, I have most of what I use already bound to physical buttons, so I only really go to the menus to format cards to turn on the phone remote.
>>
>>3110078
>Try an a7rii or a9, completely different menu system and layout, much easier to use.
The one thing I seen in stores different about the 7II is that it has better positioned buttons and wheels, but the Menu is still shit, it still overheats and the MF/AEF switch is still retarded for only having 2 positions
>>3110086
The entire a7 series has 9 buttons, which can all be reprogrammed. The G7, G8, GH4 and GH5 all have 5 completely customizable buttons, 2 control wheels, 5 additionally on the side of the touchscreen and 5 Buttons that are reprogrammable to some degree PLUS a completely customizable QuickMenu. Also the focus-switch has 3 rather than 2 positions so you don't need to waste an AF setting when wanting to use MF. There's nothing you can't somehow set while never leaving liveview. Technically, you don't even need the shooting mode dials.
So you don't need to go into menu to set MF, Peaking, SnapMovie, timelapse/stop motion setup (the camera can also automically merge the images into a mp4 file for you) etc.
I used both A7 and Panasonic wins in ergonomics everytime, but I guess you must be pretty damn tired of being told off all the time you come into threads like these to shitpost.
>>
>>3110102

It is obviously not worth arguing with you when you haven't used an a7 longer than 2 minutes at best buy.

Everything but the three position switch is also on the a7(the better lenses tend to have a mf/af switch anyway). If you had used it for longer than 30 seconds, you would have seen it also has a quick menu, meaning you never have to menu dive once set-up.
>>
>M43
Enjoy being capped at ISO 1600, OP.
You might as well tape off 3,200 & 6,400, because you sure as hell won't be using those.
>>
>>3110028
> this is point of view man who is not rich.
You are not at all particularly rich if you can afford a few thousand every few years.

Else you'd be super rich (by a factor of at least 50 times richer) if you could afford raising even a single kid. And you know, almost everyone who is even just employed can apparently do that.

Same as expensive smartphone contracts etc. (omitting even just that will also actually probably provide you the funds for a FF DSLR).

Just protesting that repeated expression of "most people ought not to". That's maybe not so true for even just average hobbyists. IMO if you have a reason to get FF, then why the hell not.
>>
>>3110137
how often does anyone shoot above ISO 1600 anyway? I don't think I ever have desu
>>
>>3110143
I did some entirely normal family photos of my sister's new pets yesterday and these were pretty much automatically at ISO3200 on a lens with pretty good transmission and 1/125 just for being indoors during the day.

Sure, I then used a flash unit I also had brought, but one of these animals had brighter eyes and really hated it, so she asked me not to do that. And now the non-flash photos are noisy 'cause APS-C.

Then of course I hit dark clouded skies followed by dusk in the evening and again, noisy images at normal apertures, never mind various lens' ideal aperture.

Wasn't just yesterday either. Overall, roughly 1/5 of my photos ended upabove ISO1600 this year. It's ridiculously easy to go over ISO1600.
>>
>>3110131
Listen Shilly, I used the a7II for around two weeks almost every day before returning it to my friend.
Its ergonomics are shit. It doesnt have as many buttons as the Lumix cameras, it doesnt have a touchscreen, it doesn't have as many customizable and programmable buttons and it doesnt have an in-depth quick menu. These are simple facts you can easily look up yourself either in store, in datasheets or in reviews online. 7/10 reviews about Sony systems either complain about the ergonomics or say it's "alright". Saying that "everything the Lumix has, the a7 has too" is an outright lie. Not shitposting, not willfull misperception of facts, not opinion, it's a lie. So take your cheap attempts at shilling and fuck off.
>>
What many people don't know about Lumix cameras and their noisyness is that they underperform in shots (compared to Olympus) and overperform in video. And if the video is noisy it tends to be almost completely colourless, giving it a more fiolm-grain like quality.
I still don't get why they put a 24mp sensor into their Video flagship, when 12mp are enough and less noisy. Lumix should just give up their dreams of being photographjers cameras and seperate their video- and photo-lines
this is at ISO 3200 on the G7, normal FHD
>>
>>3110173
> I still don't get why they put a 24mp sensor into their Video flagship, when 12mp are enough and less noisy.
Maybe Sony and Canon weren't willing to sell their good low light 12MP sensors?
>>
>>3110208
just buy an a7 sensor and cut it in half imo
>>
>>3109973
GM1 is small and cute, but lack of controls, viewfinder and IS is really limiting. Consider GX85 instead.

>>3110080
40mm f3.4 equivalent actually. But it's not like you can get any FF camera of similar size (unless you shoot film that is)
>>
>>3110208
>>3110173
The BMPCC has a FHD sensor and no problems with noise, I am excited to see if they will really release a 4k sensor.
I personally would like seeing a more lumix-like camera with an 8MP sensor. the BMPCC has barely any controls and isn't usable right out the box.
Meanwhile, canon seems to have found a way around the Density problem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT4-nKdEbxc&t=1s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y7VRoNrkAk
>>
>>3110415
gx85 price is not relevant to what this camera can do. gm1 or e-pl5/e-pl6 is masterpiece if you look at ecconomy point
>>
>>3110208
This more or elss sums up Lumix:
They don't have the best sensors, so they pack the absolute best other features into their cameras, design and redesign them constantly to be the best in actual use, while sony doesnt fix a 4 year old overheating problem and tests its ergonomics with Octopi. and Canon has the same retarded price-feature-bracketing scheme as Nikon and excuses it with "well the professionals aren't complaining"
>>
>>3109984
you're retarded. m43 is larger than a phone or 1-in sensor

fuck off
>>
>>3110163
Just to take one point
>it doesn't have an in depth quick menu

So you never pressed the fn button? Because that takes you to the fully customizable quick menu where you can set 10 different functions.

Also the sony saves new quick menu and button customizations for each pasm mode and has 2 custom modes. I have one custom mode for tripod work and another for flash, plus my 'normal' photography buttons under the regular modes. The lumix doesn't come close to this level of versatility. Does your lumix even have 4 dials?

Now we've established you don't know shit, thanks for making it so easy.

>>3110472
Sonys don't overheat any more, it was fixed years back, you've been memed.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.