[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /p/ think about image stabilization? >crutch for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: p1100606.jpg (373KB, 1064x799px) Image search: [Google]
p1100606.jpg
373KB, 1064x799px
What does /p/ think about image stabilization?
>crutch for people who lack technique
Or
>the way forward—every manufacturer should include it

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakePanasonic
Camera ModelDMC-GM1
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)0 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width1064
Image Height799
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2015:07:30 14:35:50
Exposure Time1/50 sec
F-Numberf/0.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceFlash
FlashFlash, Compulsory
Focal Length0.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1064
Image Height799
RenderingCustom
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlLow Gain Up
ContrastSoft
SaturationLow
SharpnessSoft
>>
>>3108767
I have Parkinsons, so yes
>>
>>3108767
There's no reason not to have it built into the body, it's not hard to turn off and can be used for image stabilization for photos and video, pixel shift to remove the limitations of bayer sensors and do tilt shift movements.

They're much more than a crutch, it's like calling a variable iso a crutch.
>>
>>3108812

variable iso IS a crutch
>>
>>3108891
>muh photography skill ceiling
If you do anything other than shoot and develop film you make from scratch on a camera you built by hand, you're using a crutch.
>>
>>3108767
You can tell which companies are greedy jews and which are about bang for the buck by looking at absence of body image stabilisation.
>>
>>3108940

>Sony is a bang for the buck company

What a weird world we live in.
>>
>>3108959
Sony get a lot of bang for your bucks.
>>
>>3108959
I live for the day when one of their cams actually blows up.
>>
If you're using old lenses, IBIS is a fucking godsend sometimes. It's the only reason I can think of for upgrading from my A7 to an A7II.

>>3108940
Sony has IBIS and they're a bunch of greedy Jews though.
>>
>>3108989

Shame Samsung doesn't make batteries you could put in it, or your dream would come true.
>>
>>3108767
IS is a compete luxury and doesn't help you take better photos.
>>
>>3109015
But it does.
>>
>>3109018
It does also blur shots, where you missed to pause for a second after quickly raising and aiming your camera.
>>
>>3109037
It helps when shooting in low light, resulting in better photo. If you try to deny this you are fucking retarded.
>>
What does /p/ think about lenses with variable aperture? are they just a crutch for photographers with limited postprocessing skills?
>>
>>3109037
Mine turns off if I'm shooting faster than 1/2*fl and I have a button set to turn it off for use on a tripod.

It's only on when it's helping.

>>3109015
Nothing helps you take 'better' photos except experience and knowledge. Is does add 2 stops of versatility though, which are incredibly useful if you have the experience/knowledge of how it can help.

Your argument that it blurs some shots is like arguing cars are stupid because sometimes they crash and kill the occupants.
>>
>>3108767
IS will become the standard in a few years. I’ve not used it much for photography but for video it’s a lifesaver. Stuff like the GH5’s dual IS means you can pull of shots which look like dollies/steadicam with nothing but the body and a lens.
>>
I don't understand. Can't you just set your shutter speed 1x/1.5x/2x your focal length and bump up the ISO?

I seriously don't get the need for IBIS for stills.
>>
>>3108767
Worthless for stills, but I can imagine IBIS is an awesome thing for any videographer and it will become more and more common thing.
>>
>>3108959
>t. poor fag
>>
>>3109301
>bump up the ISO
Heresy

>I seriously don't get the need for IBIS for stills.
>>3109324
>Worthless for stills
Your hands and your body aren't always still
>>
>>3108767
It is obviously something all cameras should have. Both some default IBIS as well as possible additional in-lens stabilization.

People do want to do handheld shots, and it's excellent for those shots.
>>
>>3109335
>Your hands and your body aren't always still
Maybe if you have severe nerve damage. Call me when IBIS can predict subject movement and smooth that out, until then I have never had any problems with myself.
>>
File: 1491489979389.png (156KB, 362x259px) Image search: [Google]
1491489979389.png
156KB, 362x259px
>>3109337
>>
File: handheld1.jpg (198KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
handheld1.jpg
198KB, 1200x900px
>>3109324
>being able to shoot 5-second exposures handheld
>worthless for stills
Anon, are you fucking high?
>>
>>3109340
You ran out of arguments for IBIS that quickly? Wow, I guess it IS useless
>>
>>3109343
Just not going to bother with how retarded you clearly are
>>
>>3109344
How often do you find that in the studio you are shaking uncontrollably? Also finding yourself without any light sources so you have to take 2" product photography?

Oh, let me guess. You are a "street photographer" who "specializes" in night shots? Guess what? 9/10 times it's the subject that is moving. The other 1/10 of the time you should've brought a tripod. Having some IS from the lens is nice, but having 5 stops combined IBIS and lens IS is just jerking off over spec sheets. Don't believe me? Look at how many photos have been posted in this thread.
>>
>>3109346
Holy shit.
I don't even know where to start making fun of you. This is like when an elite hitter gets a fat BP fastball and he panics because he doesn't expect it.
Did you even read the post? Is your reading comprehension the lowest level possible? Clinically Retarded? Autistic? Drunk? Vision Impaired? Trolling? TDK? Distracted by your own small penis?
I am at a loss. It's like you read the first word of my post, made up your own idea of what the post was going to be, and then just posted what ever shit came out of your ass first. HURR. HURR. DURR.

You should stop posting. Forever. Turn off your computer, unplug it forever, and just walk away. Just walk away.

Dumbest post I've read all year. By far. I honestly believe you don't deserve to breathe anymore. You should be locked in a room, and hooked up to an oxygen machine. Except this machine hold out, giving you no oxygen until the last possible second and you wail and gasp in pain, and gives you a tiny amount, before starting the torturous process all over again. Don't worry, it won't effect your brain like it would normal people who aren't fucking retarded.

Please do us all a favor and take a knife or pen, whatever you can find with a point, and push it up into your jugular vein. You need to stick that so far into your neck that it comes out the top of your head. You are the stupidest fucking moronic retard I've ever seen post on here and the world would be a better place if you weren't in it. I wish I could go back in time and abort you by finding your mother and kicking her down the stairs, stomping on her stomach and making her drink bleach. Never, ever post here again you stupid cunt muscle.
>>
>>3109347
Damn son, where'd you find this copy pasta?
>>
>>3109301
I agree, and heaven forbid that you use these tools, and actual techniques. >>3109335
Well you see this is where actual tried, and true techniques come in. They really worked great before there was electronic anything on a camera. I know it is an old fashioned thought like trying to get an image as right, as possible when shot
>>
>>3109342
Fuck off Robin.

You only need 5 stops of IS on a fucking lolympus because any ISO other than base is a complete shitfest.
>>
>>3109376
Bullshit. Olympus has improved their sensors a LOT throughout the years.

3200 ISO is perfectly usable, and I don't see why you'd go higher than that on either M43 OR APS-C.
>>
>>3109324
>worthless for stills
When stabilizing a 1/25s shot, you'll know how awesome it is. Especially because you can motion-blur the background while the subject stays sharp. It isn't useful for any kind of photo but it adds a whole new form of movement to a still image
>>
>>3109301
>>3109353
You could do that, but it is still simply better to use OIS and/or IBIS and get a sharper, cleaner image without as much sensor noise as bumping the camera up by 3-6 stops would cause.

Yea, obviously you are going to do the other thing if you don't have OIS or IBIS but it is a handicap. Even more so if not all your lenses are from the current high end that is actually sharp when wide open or a modern FF camera that has great ISO noise performance... you're very rapidly outside your gear's comfortable ISO settings then.
>>
>>3108767
Why do these camera slook so incredibly cheap and plasticy in that shot?
>>
>>3109475
It's a shitty unsharp photo.

Apart from that, go suck a metal dick if you don't like superior plastics in camera bodies. There are a few components where metal is better, but generally speaking, no.
>>
>>3109475
A7II is gloriously heavy metal and makes a K1000 feel like budget trash, m8
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.