[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>no IBIS >no OIS on primes >proprietary Bayer array

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: img-digitalcameras.jpg (46KB, 471x233px) Image search: [Google]
img-digitalcameras.jpg
46KB, 471x233px
>no IBIS
>no OIS on primes
>proprietary Bayer array that causes issues with RAW editors
>primes are soft wide open
>zero interest from third-party lens manufacturers
I don't understand how they're still in business, when they refuse to progress with the times.

t. disgruntled Fujifilm film camera user
>>
Why do turbofags like OP keep making pointless, shitty bait threads like this?
You're the cancer that's killing /p/.

Saged.
>>
>>3107429
fuji has never built a large, extensive, competitive camera system. you got what you paid for.
>>
>>3107448
Agreed.

>t. disgruntled Fujifilm film camera user
You're not fooling anyone, sonygger.
>>
Because they still have the best image colors and control dials out there. Pretty simple, honestly.
>>
File: 1372554944961.jpg (4KB, 125x119px) Image search: [Google]
1372554944961.jpg
4KB, 125x119px
>claims to shoot film
>doesn't understand how Fujifilm are still in business
Well, I would never expect some fucking pleb who shoots in aperture priority and manages to miss the gear thread by a fucking continent to understand something so simple.
>>
>>3107559
for jpeg, sure. it's subjective and some people still prefer canon but if you're shooting raw it doesn't matter because you can post process whatever colors you want.
>>3107429
fuji is a nostalgia brand now financed by their instax line
their forray into medium format is interesting though, I'm excited to see the line grow

Sony is good on spec sheets, but their menus are for goddamn robots. the images are fine, but they definitely aren't my first choice either
>>
>>3107578
>but if you're shooting raw it doesn't matter because you can post process whatever colors you want

You would think this is the case but I find images from Fuji cameras to look better than other digital cameras. Maybe it's placebo...
>>
>>3107576
This desu.
>>
As someone who shoots fujifilm, I genuinely wish it had ibis. A stabilized x100 would be tits.
>>
>>3107597
rumors are that ibis is coming
>>
>>3107605
They've said on the past their image circle wasn't large enough to support it, or something.

What's changed?
>>
>>3107608

That sounds like bullshit. m4/3 has a smaller image circle than Fuji. Hell, the iPhone plus has OIS.
>>
>>3107616
Wouldn't it be the size of the image circle relative to the size of the sensor? Easy to control on iPhone. Maybe there's no room for error with Fuji's lenses.
>>
Stop replying to these threads. We've had this very same "discussion" over and over and over again. FFS, /p/.
>>
>>3107618

Pretty much all lenses from any manufacturer are built to have the smallest image circle possible and still cover the sensor. That's why vignetting is a thing.
>>
>>3107626
Okay, but they'd build a lens to create a larger image circle if they intended it to be used with a body with IBIS, right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_stabilization

>In-body image stabilization requires the lens to have a larger output image circle because the sensor is moved during exposure and thus uses a larger part of the image. Compared to lens movements in optical image stabilization systems the sensor movements are quite large, so the effectiveness is limited by the maximum range of sensor movement, where a typical modern optically stabilized lens has greater freedom. The required sensor movement (both speed and range) increase with the focal length of the lens being used, making sensor-shift technology less suited for very long telephoto lenses, especially when using slower shutter speeds because the available motion range of the sensor quickly becomes insufficient to cope with the increasing image displacement.
>>
>>3107581
I mean if you're using Lightroom, I can see that since Adobe hates the xtrans sensor. if straight out of camera it's already close to what you want that means a simpler workflow which is always a plus.
>>
How overblown are the RAW issues anyways?
Is it something only pixel peepers or people who do prints will notice?
>>
>>3107635

You can see it at web sizes sometimes.
>>
>>3107635
It's just adobe and their shit (de)coders, massively exacerbated by the photofag's propensity for oversharpening.
>>
>>3107635
It's really not as big a deal as some on here make it out to be.
Still, now it's available on Windows, I prefer working with files first converted to DNG with Iridient X-Transformer to (more than) satisfy my pixel peeping needs.
>>
>>3107635
It's an issue only for pixel peepers who are too dumb or lazy to learn new things. In reality you can get good results with lightroom, you just have to do different adjustments. E.g. the "details" in the noise reduction should be zero and sharpening radius 1 or smaller among other things. I'd also recommend trying other software. On1 photoraw, capture one and rawtherapee all do even better job than LR. I'm just now trying out rawtherapee and while it isn't as streamlined as LR, there's a ton of powerful tools in it. The learning curve is steep, but it is free, faster than LR and with just some basic settings it can give you really nice images. It doesn't do file managing like LR, but I personally don't like to use that feature in LR either. I'll post some pics later.
>>
>>3107646
this
>>
Why would you want IS on primes?
When you are shooting prime, you are probably trying to attain the highest image quality possible, and IS would be detrimental to IQ. Prime lenses also tend to be fast, and of such focal lengths, that there is no point in having IS on them.

Also, if you can't get steady shots without IS then you should probably hone your shooting technique. Since you are probably shooting stationary subjects, just take your time and shoot until you get a shake-free one. With honed technique one should be able to take steady shots with 1/2 second shutter speed.
>>
>>3107429

Probably because they make the only camera system that is actually reminiscent of the golden age of 35mm photography when we had many Japanese manufacturers putting out small, finely made SLRs with exquisite primes that were fun to shoot with.

If you want to dick around with menus or have fat cameras with plastic wheels instead of physical dials, then you already have that with almost every other manufacturer. And if you actually need stabilisation on a prime you should start reconsidering your technique. For everything else Fuji offers excellent ois in lens, just look at the 50-140mm. I have got crisp sharp shots with that at 2 second exposures with that lens, I shit you not.

Clearly Fuji resonates with an older generation of photographers who didn't want to have the ugly late-90s style of camera forced upon them with plastic bodies and shitty ergonomics, which were followed by more of that garbage with digital instead of film.
>>
>>3107673

Fuck off luddite.
>>
File: fuck IS.jpg (59KB, 650x424px) Image search: [Google]
fuck IS.jpg
59KB, 650x424px
>>3107673
>>
>>3107728
>implying Olympus doesn't have all of those characteristics, including physical dials
>>
>>3107635
I printed a 16x24 from x100f to see how it went on an alright photo and it looks fine. If you pixel peep the photo on a screen you can see some corner blurriness but on the wall it looks fine
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 533x710px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 533x710px
>>3107926
>>3107635
whoops forgot the image

ive loaded the same file up with xtransformer and its definitely sharper so I'd recommend using xtransformer if you want peak sharpness
>>
>>3107834
> micro 4/3
>>
File: e1e177.jpg (84KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
e1e177.jpg
84KB, 800x533px
>>3107429

>2017
>buying a digitql camera from a chemical company

I mean, what did you expect?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelSLT-A77V
Camera SoftwareSLT-A77V v1.06
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)75 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Created2012:11:26 23:48:20
Exposure Time8 sec
F-Numberf/22.0
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating800
Brightness0.1 EV
Exposure Bias2 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceTungsten
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length50.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width6000
Image Height4000
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>3107635
When all the lenses are at a premium price point but images all come out as sharp as a soligor lens from the 80's it gets a bit disheartening. Web sizes can look ok but you lose that 3d pop.

The sharpening "fix" in adobe is bullshit too, unless you like halos and artifacts. None of this fixes the smeared colours either, next time you see teeth or eyes in a fuji shot, look at how they are tinted slightly skin coloured.

>>3107673
An extra 2 to 3 stops is frequently useful, versatility is what a better body offers.
>>
>>3107834
>implying it does
>>
>>3107927
>xtransformer

Do you need a Mac for this?
>>
>>3107960
I thought you were colourblind lad?

Maybe leave the discussion on iq to those who are actually in a position to judge.
>>
>>3107429
Does the lack of third party support really affect Fuji cameras, I'm trying to make money off my photography but if the workflow isn't fluid then I shouldn't be using the Fuji ecosystem am I right?

Should what you have stated above, deter me from buying Fuji and get a Nikon or canon instead for more "professional" and business work?
>>
>>3108040
>putting decisions about your livelihood in the hands of this board.

Not even once senpai.
>>
>>3108011
no it works on all platforms
>>
>http://mirrorlesscomparison.com/fujifilm-vs-olympus/omd-em1-mark-ii-vs-fuji-xt2/
Basically, it's all the same shit in the end.
>>
>>3108072
I don't know about that, it says only demo version for Windows...

>>3108287
No it really isn't, did you read the article even?
>>
>>3108451
Did you?
It basically boiled down to

Fuji
>better continuous AF
>APS-C means higher ISOs can be used for moving subjects in low-light

Olympus
>better everything else
>live composite is fucking amazing and worth the trade-off of not being able to shoot moving subjects at low light
>>
>>3108040
The lack of flash options make it unsuitable, a 3 strobe kit and master controller is pretty standard for a pro, with godox/yongnuo it's about $500 for the lot, on fuji it's just under $500 per flash and you need an extra one as a master controller as fuji don't do a stand alone unit.

Also pros tend to use the holy trinity of zooms, 16-35, 24-70 and 70-200, ideally all f2.8 and on full frame. None of these lens equivalents exist in the fuji system.

You will also be limited by the sensor size, bigger sensor = less noise & sharper images, full frame has over double the surface area of fujis crop sensors.

Sony, canon and nikon all have fantastic pro options and it comes down to whether you want an evf or ovf, or is there any specific features that you need, for example nothing on the market comes close to the a7sii for low light video.
>>
>>3107834
>MFT

You are like a little baby
>>
>>3108484
Neck thyself, basement dweller.
>>
>>3108484
What is the 10-24mm f4, 16-55mm f2.8, 50-140mm f2.8 then?
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.