[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello. I've been doing iPhoneography on my Instagram for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: Mirrorless-vs-DSLR.jpg (50KB, 650x331px) Image search: [Google]
Mirrorless-vs-DSLR.jpg
50KB, 650x331px
Hello. I've been doing iPhoneography on my Instagram for more than 3 years now and currently saving up for my first starter camera. I've used DSLR's in the past so I'm no amateur but it'll definitely take time to get used to the transition. I like to shoot urban, landscape, architectural, & night photography but i want to get into portrait, product & video work. My considerations for which cameras to get are: Nikon D750 or D610, Sony A6500 or A6000 for the cheap price, Sony Alpha a7 II, or Fujifilm X-T2. I've been torn between DSLR vs Mirrorless so some advice would be appreciated.
>>
>>3105486
Don't pick a camera based on what you could do. Pick one based on what you already do and go from there. Everyone and their grandma says the "might get into video" so dont let the 4K meme hinder your camera choice.
>>
4k vs 1080p video? is there that much of a difference that i should spend the extra $300-500 for the 4k quality
>>
>>3105486
>iPhoneography
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
>>
do some research on it ;) you'd be surprised the kind of shots you can get with just an iPhone
>>
>>3105489
4k is like 50mp stills cameras. It has it's uses but most people who think they want it don't actually need it. They just like the sound of the specs
>>
>>3105506
thanks for the advice. but lets say i do want to get a 4k camera. should i buy a separate camera or even a camcorder just for video?
>>
>>3105489
we're still at least a few years out from the average person having a 4k monitor/tv
>>
>>3105489
4k =/= quality
It's just way higher resolution. It can still look like shit.
>>
>>3105610
>we're still at least a few years out from the average person having a 4k monitor/tv
We're closer than you think. Where I live you can cop a 50" 4K TV with HDR for $600-$700, about as much as you'd pay for a 1080p TV of the same size 5 years ago.

Still the issue is getting the most out of that quality. If you really need a new TV because yours died or is really old it makes sense to upgrade. There's still no cable broadcast in 4K and so-called 4K consoles are just upscaled 1080p. I kinda do wish the focus was on higher quality 1080 instead of just more pixels because even in the 1080 era not all content is equal. I remember visiting my parents and when they got a movie on demand it looked like absolute shit despite being "HD". Oh well.
>>
>>3105610
4k is still useful because you can

A) punch in
B) extra room for digital stabilization
>>
>>3105488
This shit here mang. You can always rent gear if you just want to try something for a week or so.
>>
I thought you were joking when you said iphonography but seeing as you're serious you should first start with toning down your ego. Second, mirrorless and DSLR don't have many differences besides the mirror that flips up on DSLR' when you take a photo. That being said, when you buy a mirror less, you're going to subject yourself to a fuckton of dust on the sensor if you're not careful. Seeing as you like night photography (which I doubt you have much experience in since you shoot with a phone) you'll obviously want a full frame camera, in which case I'd suggest the Sony a7 II. Simply bc the interface/compactness/lens combo/aesthetics/build are nicer than Nikon. I suggest adapting older film lenses though unless you plan on buying native lenses at the price of your camera body.
>>
Get the X100F. YOu'll save money on not buying the XPro2, it;s a kickass camera and you're already used to having a fixed focal length from your "iPhoneography".
Or try and find a X100T bargain.
>>
Great now im more confused... Maybe im just overthinking this. Will definitely go for a full frame camera so either Nikon D750, Fujifilm X100F, Sony a7 II or another suggestion. So next question... Which one?
>>
^^ it's OP btw! idk why it's saying im a different user
>>
>>3105687
Look at the 5dmk3 or the new 6dmk2. Canon or nikon is great way to get in because you can always used the glass on film "depends on the camera for film nikon" or mirrorless cameras later on. Don't spend your money on any A7 camera. They eat stars and have shit batteries.
>>
>>3105486
for night photography a mirroless is nice because of the electric viewfinder. it will light up in dark conditions when you couldn't see shit through a mirror.
>>
>>3105498
>not being able to shoot gud on an iphone

I want plebs to leave
>>
>>3105499
Yea I'm surprised it even takes pictures
>>
most people don't even need a mirrorless nor a dslr. buy a compact or a phone.
>>
>>3105486
leica m10.
>>
File: LEMMEcURbhole.jpg (35KB, 1012x153px) Image search: [Google]
LEMMEcURbhole.jpg
35KB, 1012x153px
>>3105952
>leica m10
>>
>>3105489

4K can result in a better downgrade if needed.
>>
>>3105486
Ask yourself questions
>Evf or ovf
Do u want a viewfinder that shows exactly how your image will come out, focuses accurately under f2.8, has focus peaking and focus magnification and is typically much larger than dslr viewfinders.
Or do you want the 'real' tog experience of a little glass window, it may save 23/1000 of a second in lag.

>full frame or crop
Full frame has an over 1 stop advantage in high iso noise and will offer much sharper images as it's less than half as demanding on your lenses. (Bigger surface catches more light, bigger image masks defects/softness in your lens better). Crop tends to have faster burst rate and less bokeh, useful for sport and sometimes macro/product photography.

>fuji vs sony
Fuji has no third party companies making native lenses, no real flash system (no hss, no wirelss, unless you want to pay $500 for fujis flash unit that is out done by a $80 3rd party unit) and no new products lined up in it's official roadmap, some are saying fuji are gonna stop production on x mount products, which when you consider fuji now make lenses in sony mount, it may well be true. Fuji also gives very soft images in adobe products, you need to use silkypix or iridient developer to get sharp images, both of those bits of software are clunky as all hell.

Sony has more 3rd party support than any other mount, has been adopted by the cine industry, they have released the mount as an open format so anyone can make fully compatible lenses for free, they also have a wider product range, advanced technology with ibis and the sensors they keep back for themselves and have overtaken nikon to be the 2nd most sold ilc cameras.

Personally I'd say get the a7ii, it's everything one would need in a camera, unless you NEED 4k meme, in which case get the a7ii now and wait to afford an a7sii.
>>
>>3107383
>5 shekels have been added to your Sony account
>>
>>3105687

Check them scores for the Pentax k1. At half the price of other fool frames. If you're not machine gunning your photos it is the best bang for your buck. If you pray and spray get nikon or canon.
>>
>>3105498
>it's not the hammer but the carpenter.
>>
File: IMG_3733.jpg (3MB, 3276x4096px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3733.jpg
3MB, 3276x4096px
>>3105486
Own a D750
>>
>>3107383
Nice copypasta lad.
>>
>>3105687
What will kill you is too much change in ergonomics and workflow.
That's what I'd be worried about.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.