[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would dressing like a homeless person or a crazy person be beneficial

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 5

File: 1498270862578.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1498270862578.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
Would dressing like a homeless person or a crazy person be beneficial for doing street photography? Like would people be less likely to get passed at me if they thought I was nuts or homeless? Also would it make it easier to take pictures of crack heads? I'm going to try it anyways.
>>
Yes.
>>
right on, dude. use your leica m10.
>>
>>3101194
Nah I will be using a film compact. Probably my Olympus xa
>>
>>3101166
>take pictures of crack heads
don't be that guy
>>
>>3101166
Do you want to photograph people looking afraid or disgusted? Take pictures of them walking past ignoring you? Then go for it.
>>
probably yes, tho I hope you get stabbed with a blunt icepick or a knife by a crackhead.
>>
It's easy to take street photos. Just be normal and don't take pictures of alone girls or children. That's it. Why the fuck would people be afraid of you? Maybe because I live in Japan but no one gives a fuck if you're taking photos. Is the fear of Street photography an American thing or just an autistic /p/ thing?
>>
>>3101805

>This

For taking street photos, the best is to act normal and don´t creep on people with weird tactics.

Talk more, smile more, be gentle and think empathically.
>>
>>3101839
>empathy

Well, hopefully somebody here will listen, but this is 4chin, where a whole generation have rejected empathy in favor of narcissistic posturing.
>>
If you live in a touristy city just put on a Hawaiian Shirt and cargo shorts.

Bonus: This fit is comfy as fuck

otherwise just dress normally
>>
>>3101853
this is the worst advice i have ever read.

just dress smart casual in some of your more run down clothes. Dress so normal people dont look at you like a homeless person and so homeless people dont look at you like some spoiled little fuck carrying around your brand new camera.
>>
>>3101194
kek'd
>>
Just dress normal, they won't give a fuck. If you get confronted just smile. If they get rude put on your best tourist accent and say POLICE POLICE while you point to your phone.
>>
File: Miroslav-Tichý.jpg (405KB, 1000x618px) Image search: [Google]
Miroslav-Tichý.jpg
405KB, 1000x618px
You mean like Miroslav Tichý ?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS2 Windows
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2012:10:20 03:24:32
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1000
Image Height618
>>
>>3101879
go back to redddit faggot, no one needs your useless trivia.
>>
>>3101882
was that really worth the typing?
>>
>>3101879
This.

Many people didn't even think his camera was real.
So they didn't mind him "taking pictures" and sometimes would even pose as a joke.

If you use a Pentax you'll probably get the same reaction - good luck.
>>
>>3101805
>don't take pictures of alone girls or children
Why do people say retarded shit like this? This is not the first time I hear people saying this nonsensical statement.
>>
>>3101908
Do you want to make people feel threatened?

Then take pictures of children and of women alone on the street.

I know 4chin is all about unaccountable narcissism but rub two brain cells together about how your actions are perceived by others.
>>
>>3101908
taking pictures of children that arent your own is a massive red flag.
>>
>>3101915
It's art you guys are pussies
>>
>>3101924
tell us about this great and important work of art you intend to create involving other people's children.
>>
>>3101942
I'll shoot anyone during street photography. Doesn't matter who it is. If they are doing something I like I'll take the picture.
>>
>>3101947

The approach has to be personal. However, some prefer to put some empathy and personal ethics before what they consider "art" and you claming that that's "retarded shit" makes you look like an absolute fool.

How many times have you been physically assaulted by someone who saw you taking pictures of others? Try to explain them your artistic perspective of the world sorrounding you, they´ll probably pay for the cup of coffee and be glad to listen to you.
>>
>>3101961
Lmao no one is going to assault you. Have you never gone outside to take pictures of people?
>>
>>3101974
>Have you never gone outside to take pictures of people?
80% of /p/ do not.
>>
>>3101974

I've been grabbed, yelled at and persecuted for taking pictures of people on the street. By random strangers, by people directly in the pictures, by homeless people or drug addicts that, once again, weren´t even in the pictures.

I know what I'm talking about, and even though 95% of the times you can get out of it quite easily, is not always the case. Taking photos of children creates certain awareness towards you as a street photographer that I personally dislike as I try to be as invisible as possible.

But each to their own. I know what I´m talking about here.
>>
>>3101990
Lol you should try and judge your situations better. I've never had a problem.
>>
>>3101990
Where do you live? I live in Paris. Zero problems in terms of photography here.
>>
>>3101994

And you should try and stop judging others without any knowledge on what they're doing or where are they shooting.

I've been taking pictures in places where you technically get yelled at only for having a camera in your hand, let alone taking pictures. Taking pictures of children on the street? not very edgy, if you ask me. I just prefer not to.

If you btw haven't had any problem at taking street photos, believe me, you haven't been doing it long, because it is just a matter of time. If you prefer to think that you are a master on judging situations, you'll get surprised.
>>
File: 18044332238_9df79321cf_k.jpg (1MB, 2048x1639px) Image search: [Google]
18044332238_9df79321cf_k.jpg
1MB, 2048x1639px
>>3101998
I thought france had quite strict rules on taking street photos? Like - you cant do it without permission or something? I once had a guy threaten to report me to a soldier on the Place du Trocadero.
>>
>>3102004
What's this guys problem lmao
>>
>>3101998

I shoot mainly in central Europe, where nothing usually happens. I´ve been to scandinavian countries, same thing. I've gotten into deep shit in Palermo and some areas in Madrid though.
>>
>>3102006

I´m just tired of people defending their personal POV on art over others' personal ethics and displaying such a disrespectful language
>>
>>3102010
Kys
>>
>>3102005
Laws are very tough here but you only get in trouble if it's for commercial purpose (for example, regarding the eiffel tower). Also there aren't, as far as I know any laws against taking photos in public spaces.There's like a billion tourists taking photos here evey second of the day.
>Palermo
Not surprised. I've been there a couple of times and people are a bit backward and sketchy in general. I ran into trouble in Naples once too.
>>
>>3102012
Replied to you here:
>>3102008
>>
>>3102012
>(for example, regarding the eiffel tower)
Wait, so I cant take a photo of the eiffel tower and sell it without getting a license?
>>
File: PICT0022.jpg (2MB, 2464x3696px) Image search: [Google]
PICT0022.jpg
2MB, 2464x3696px
>>3102012

Also when it comes to law, generally in Europe it'e legal as long as you don't make money out of others' images. And even in that case, if the judge considers that there's an artistic purpose behind, you can get away with it.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeRollei
Camera ModelDF-S190SE
Camera SoftwareMicrosoft Windows Photo Viewer 6.1.7600.16385
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern5460
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)0 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution96 dpi
Vertical Resolution96 dpi
Image Created2017:05:14 23:04:09
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/3.0
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Exposure Bias-1 EV
Metering ModeUnknown
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length6.47 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width2464
Image Height3696
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeDistant View
>>
File: 1390623609094.png (9KB, 95x113px) Image search: [Google]
1390623609094.png
9KB, 95x113px
You'd finally be able to make money off your photography. Do it m8.
>>
I usually ask people if i can take a photo of them. I want to say Los Angeles is not really like tokyo or new york.

Unless it's a big hub or a store of some kind there's never 100 people crowded on a street or something like that.
>>
>>3102036
Posed photos aren''t the same as candid photos though. Are Americans usually pretty wary of random people taking photos?
>>
>>3101882
>Discussing about if at certain aproach would be effective
>Someone posts about said aproach happening before
>Literal retard screams FUCKING UNRELATED
>>
>>3101913
Take the picture if the picture is good

If there is a situation deal with it and be prepared

Make sure you got some kind.of evidence for being a legit photographer
>>
>>3102038

I almost got arrested for taking photos of the big train station in LA, said I might be a terrorist and i didn't have my id on me, same day I was changing lens in the train and a lady hid her face and asked not to take a picture of her (just cause i had my lens in her direction).

I've had a lot of people be very friendly when I've asked and i even take photos of people unassumingly but for practice it's just been easier asking if i'm face to face with someone.

People can get very strange over photos though desu, being a street photographer is much more difficult now and requires more gumption then it did in the 1900s.
>>
>>3101879
This is how I imagine !kurwaRB7YU now.
>>
>>3102008
>some areas in Madrid
Where exactly? Most of the central district and by extension any place with any kind of touristic interest is fair game AFAIK, and I've shot at people's fucking face without any kind of trouble. Nothing photography-worthy happens in the residential and working class neighbourhoods save it for some parks and brutalist architecture here and there so either you strayed too far away for no reason or you were fucking obnoxious sticking an xboxhueg DSLR with a footlong lens at people's face, or even worse, decided to shoot kids, drug dealers or hobos which is a fucking no-no.
>>
>>3102090
kurwa is an ftm transsexual and cant grow facial hair
>>
>>3101913
>>3101915
I actually heard the one about not photographing kids before. Now I hear the one about alone girls. Next thing I hear you shouldn't take pictures of anybody underage. It's all so stupid. It is based on the assumption that if you take pictures of kids you be seen as a pedophile which is true in part but also ridiculous. It's like anyone taking pictures of homeless is exploiting them.

I just wish people would say:
>While perfectly legal and there is nothing wrong with taking pictures of kids some people don't like it and might get you in trouble.

I hate the assumption that we somehow all agreed to not take pictures of kids. That is plain retarded.

I would agree more if someone would say not to go to the hood and take pictures of aggressive people that will likely attack you or steal your gear.

That is actually dangerous, that I would be more likely to agree to.
>>
>>3102107
>/p/'s """"""""""""""""humor"""""""""""""
>>
>>3102111
thank burgers and their 9/11 falseflag prank. now everyones ultraparanoid and faggy about everything.
>>
>>3102112
thats not a joke, Kurwa was born as Agnieszka
>>
>>3102130

Wouldn't his father kill him for being a tranny freak by now?
>>
>>3101879

Possibly one of the most real photographers that ever lived, eh took pictures of sexy chicks and didn't afraid of anything, other than taking a bath
>>
>>3102153
drug overdose, kurwa was raised by grandmother
>>
>>3102111
>I hate the assumption that we somehow all agreed to not take pictures of kids
That's because the turbo autismos here don't have a fucking clue of when it's acceptable to take pics of kids and when it's not, so if you don't deter them from doing so, the next day you'll have an army of neckbeards acting like a stereotype pedo taking creepshots of kids in a playground with a huge ass tele in the name of street photography and ruining the fun for everyone else.
>>
>>3101166
>Olympus xa
>dressing like a homeless person

sounds about right
>>
>>3102096

Madrid happens to be my hometown. Gentrification is hitting hard on central district and they are pushing homeless people hard to certain places not further away than 5 minutes walk from the very centre. In Tirso de Molina even walking with the camera on a wrist band can raise some trouble. I shoot with an M3, so neither I was in the outskirts nor a huge DSLR was hanging off my neck.
>>
>>3102559
That's strange. I've been shooting in that area as well with disposables, and old film P&S and even a Fuji and never ever had any trouble. If anything, I usually avoid taking pics of black people hanging out on Tirso, Nelson Mandela or Lavapiés plazas in order not to creep them out because they might think I'm a cop or something like that. Maybe looking like a hipster with piercings and tattoos (so most likely from the neighboord, or an art student) helps me a bit, but I'm not really sure.
>>
>>3102010
The entire point of 4chan is to be able to discuss things without social barriers like ethics.

If you choose to live real life as if it were 4chan then youre an idiot.

Also, remember one of the biggest laws of the internet: DONT BELIEVE WHAT ANYONE TELLS YOU

Are you worried these tards are gonna sway some innocent pup into getting himself arrested? Well if hes that fucking dumb then perhaps he deserves it?
>>
>>3102621
*ow*
>>
>>3101990
My personal experience
If you're in a larger city, it's easy as hell to shoot "street" (scare quotes because it's hard to consider shooting in a town of 1000 people street photography). In smaller towns (basically under a half million people), you'll have the cops called on you, be almost/actually assaulted, and all other manner of harassed for taking pictures of others in public spaces.

My experiences in larger cities is generally someone might tell you to fuck off or something like that, but it's enough of a part of city life that people mostly just go on. I've shot in Chicago, NY, Atlanta, Vegas, Detroit, Miami, St. Louis, Austin, Houston, Boston, Tacoma, Portland, Denver, and Albuquerque (where I strangely had the worst experiences trying to get in with some of the low rider scene).

I'm also fat and ugly, so looking like anything other than a pervy GWC is entirely out of my abilities.
>>
>>3102567
Yeah i agree with this, its almost common sense in those areas, and in any case theres not that much to photograph there usually other than architecture. But I personally havent experienced any weird feelings while carrying the camera, although in fairness its an old Zenit so it doesnt raise much interest.
>>
>>3103044
>In smaller towns (basically under a half million people), you'll have the cops called on you, be almost/actually assaulted, and all other manner of harassed for taking pictures of others in public spaces.

Lol you must be baiting. Are American cities so spread out that under a million is considered small? And people seriously freak out? I live in Bordeaux and it's a proper city. Apart from Africans and hobos no one gives a shit if you take pictures. America sounds like a hellhole
>>
>>3103257
Under half a million*

Bristol is a decent size city and its like 400000. Not at all a small town. When I lived there it was no problem street shooting.
>>
>>3103257
>America sounds like a hellhole
It has an extraordinarily large percentage of self-important, busy-bodying twats who are constantly trying to get one up on everyone else. The rest are all planning to shoot up some school or cinema.
>>
>>3103257
I live in a town of 9,000 and I never had anyone give a fuck if I took a picture of them.

Once I was taking a picture of a dude throwing a ball into a lake for his dog to fetch and he kinda mean mugged me, but I think that was because he had a little girl in a swimsuit with him.

anyway, that's the worst I ever got
>>
In my opinion the preppier i dress, the less people give me looks.
>>
>>3101166
Just dress and act like a tourist. Giant canon camera with the ugly ass neckstrap, some backpack and funky clothes, big ass smile and enthusiasm. Take photos of everything, try to look a bit annoyed when someone gets in your shot (which was your actual goal) and no one will care.
>>
>>3103257

Obsessed
>>
>>3101879
wtf is that shit
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.