[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just bought one of these for $50, popped in a battery and some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: oly-0002.jpg (121KB, 1400x937px) Image search: [Google]
oly-0002.jpg
121KB, 1400x937px
I just bought one of these for $50, popped in a battery and some film and it started up exactly as it should. I cleaned the lens which was scratch free but just a little dusty though it's clean and crisp now. It seems as though it simply was never cleaned. What should I expect? Any tips? I keep hearing about this camera, apparently it is HIGHLY sought after and regarded. What types of snaps should I take? I'm using Kodak ultra max 400 in it right now.

From what I understand, it produces FF dslr quality photos simply in a constrained 35mm lens 2.8 setup. Which is okay if you think about it, can't exactly get that in such a small package by any other means.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D60
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS4 Windows
Maximum Lens Aperturef/5.1
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern798
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)52 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2012:10:25 23:02:27
Exposure Time1/250 sec
F-Numberf/5.3
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/5.3
Exposure Bias0 EV
Subject Distance0.30 m
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length35.00 mm
CommentKELVINZZ
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1400
Image Height937
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessSoft
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>3100307
>FF dslr quality
yeh nah
more fun tho
>>
>>3100321
NAH yeah

Do you have a y evidence it doesn't? Obviously not in low light, but in anything that dark it produces large crisp photos with great depth. You can't get that with anything in this size.
>>
Mine misses focus often up-close (still past the minimum focus distance). Is that a common issue or is mine broken?
>>
>50 bucks for a point and shoot
>isn't a T4 or a contax

You can buy "real" cameras with 50 bucks, I payed 80 for my nikon f3.
>>
>>3100331
Not the same anon but do you have any evidence it would?

Let's not overhype the MjuII, after all it's just a mass-produced consumer P&S with a somewhat decent-ish lens. Unless you're shooting Adox CMS 20 the resolution you'll get out of it won't even be close to what a FF DSLR would give you, and probably long before that the lens will already limit the quality.

Don't expect digital-anything-equivalent photos coming out of a film camera. That's simply not why you shoot film.
>>
>>3100331
Because FF DSLRs have long ago surpassed how much 35mm film can resolve. Add to the fact you're shooting what is probably the car color film you can buy, IQ is going to be nowhere near that of a DSLR.
>>
>>3100307
>From what I understand, it produces FF dslr quality photos simply in a constrained 35mm lens 2.8 setup.
this solely depends on how the film is scanned

the mju-2 is just about as good as any other p&s from its era, honestly its just become a meme at this point, nothing too great and nothing too bad about it.

not trying to rain on your parade but its average, for 50 you could have gotten a film slr and a lens that would offer you more creative control.
>>
Only way you're going to match FF resolution is if you drum scan.

It's an excellent camera though. $50 is a deal.

Better yet, I'll buy it from you for $80
>>
>>3100307
>dslr
>>3100307
>quality
gr8 mentality anon you'll take gr8 pictures
>>
>>3100307
just bring it with you on hikes and to parties, that's what it was made for
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.