[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is /p/ so slow? https://petapixel.com/2017/06/19/ri coh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: camerasalesfeat.jpg (109KB, 1600x840px) Image search: [Google]
camerasalesfeat.jpg
109KB, 1600x840px
Why is /p/ so slow?

https://petapixel.com/2017/06/19/ricoh-facing-biggest-financial-crisis-yet-report-says/
>>
What's with all the anti-Pentax misinfo lately?

>>3098889
>https://petapixel.com/2017/06/19/ricoh-facing-biggest-financial-crisis-yet-report-says/

>When I read beat-ups like this I really wish Petapixel would stick to what it does well - aggregate stories from other news sites. Actually writing stuff is not its strong suite. The Nikkei story this links to doesn't even contain the word 'camera' - it's entirely about the printer group. The original Nikkei story about rumours that Ricoh might drop cameras was immediately denied in an official statement. But anyone reading the story above would think twice about ever purchasing a Pentax camera, so strong is the implication that Pentax cameras are under a cloud. This kind of uninformed, unresearched, off-the-cuff speculation can really hurt the industry Petapixel lives off.

>I thought this exactly after reading this article. The Ricoh Imaging and Solutions division (printers, scanners, copiers, office equipment, etc ) is seperate from Ricoh Imaging Company Ltd (who run the Pentax brand). The Nikkei report was pretty clear that the sales force was likely to take a hit in the Imaging and Solutions division, but mentions nothing about Ricoh Imaging Company Ltd. I think it was far too easy for the writer of this article conflate the two without at least doing a cursory glace to see that they're different parts of the company.
>>
>>3098889
/p/ is a small community of mostly poor hobbyists.

Neither the usual everymoment snapshot attention whoring social network crowd, nor the professional photographers. For these, there are other places with way more activity.
>>
File: file.png (155KB, 731x649px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
155KB, 731x649px
Because photography is a much smaller niche than /tv/ or /mu/ or /v/ or /a/ etc. relative to other boards. Just look at how low we are in new threads and posts.
>>
>>3100191
>mlp is higher

disgusting
>>
>>3100195
I get that you're just fooling around, but i feel required to say that large activity is, at least in my experience, inversely correlated with quality. Most fast-moving boards are shit, and many slow-moving ones have a higher level of discourse.
>>
>>3100218
Here in /p/, we've got both. We've got a slow board with tons of shitposting!
>>
File: download (3).jpg (10KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
10KB, 259x194px
>>3098889
slow and steady wins the race
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.