[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I want a photo to match the human eye in terms of distance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: focal.jpg (69KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
focal.jpg
69KB, 800x450px
If I want a photo to match the human eye in terms of distance distortion (i.e. make sure faces look accurate), how do I figure out which focal length to use?
>>
Generally the focal length equivalent to the human eye is considered the normal. So, on APS-C it will be 35mm, on 35mm-full frame it'll be 50mm and on Medium format 80mm.
>>
>>3097583
They all match the human eye.

People look different at different distances to the naked eye as well.
With a long focal length all you do is make a big picture of that people look like far away.
And with a short focal length you make a panorama, capturing what you can see if you turned your head a bit.
>>
>>3097592
it's actually the diagonal for sensor size, so for full frame it's 42mm
so you have your choices of 35 & 50 with the occasional 40 being suggested. 35 will be slightly wider, 50 will be like a short tele and 40 the closest

I think all are equally boring but whatever floats your boat anon
>>
>>3097583

Depends how far away you are. However I would tend towards medium format around 90-100mm as your field of view is from 2 eyes far apart - to which I think the medium format field of view shows best.
>>
>>3097583
Depends how close you are to your subject.

"Perspective distortion" isn't a real thing, its just how close something is to you.
>>
>>3097583
she looks like every single one of those to the human eye, so stop being a fucking idiot OP.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.