[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I recently tried to participate in a contest and t

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: efcb6cc216d8b9fa29094ddb760b71a4.jpg (188KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
efcb6cc216d8b9fa29094ddb760b71a4.jpg
188KB, 1280x853px
Hey guys, I recently tried to participate in a contest and the first stage is going on right now, and it's based on people's votes. I haven't gotten much votes (the contest isn't that popular either, no one seems to have many votes). I'm not here to ask for votes, I simply wish to show you my flickr and ask for advice, such as:

What am I doing good/wrong?
I would like to try photographing the milky way, any tips?
My camera is a Canon 700D, with a 18-135mm, f/3.5-f/5.6. Any sort of questions, feel free to ask, and thanks a lot for your time in advance.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146123453@N05/
>>
I really like your pictures just please don't be that "photographer" that takes pictures of flowers and shit but I like your other pics though , hope you win.
>>
>>3094636
Thank you, I'm glad you like them.

I try to photograph everything of interest that I come across, as to get some experience, not sure if that makes sense or is right but I thought it did when I first started out.
>>
you are really quite wonderful at exposure, but i find that the nature photography is a bit boring.
>>
Not trying to be harsh, I think you take decent photos. But as they are now I think you may struggle in the competition space.

That being said, I think you just keep shooting as you are now and you will naturally just excel and become better over time. Don't give up.
>>
>>3094856
Thanks for your input. I appreciate hearing all sides of a spectrum. I also think that they are not competition worthy; however, this is a completely free competition and is open to any and everyone, so I went expecting photographers from very bad to very good. I never went in the contest in order to win, I would just like to see if they are worth anything; a simple test of worth, if you will.

Putting that aside, I would like to ask you (if you don't mind) if there is any sort of detail(s) that you see and like/dislike and/or any sort of advice. Thank you very much for your opinion.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.