[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best camera system and why it's Fujifilm? [EXIF

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 24

File: Fujifilm-XT2-grip-opener.jpg (157KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Fujifilm-XT2-grip-opener.jpg
157KB, 1200x800px
What is the best camera system and why it's Fujifilm?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
File: 1495281352608.jpg (50KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1495281352608.jpg
50KB, 625x626px
>>
>>3094613
Fuji is nice but nobody is the best.
>>
>>3094616
>implying
>>
>>3094619
>nobody is the best.
now that is going to upset everyone
>>
>>3094613
Because Ted Forbes said so.
>>
>>3094697
literally who?
>>
Who can say what is the best camera system? But I think many will agree that the Fuji-X system is perhaps the most versatile since they got their act together on video.
>>
>>3094765
I think their best improvement was AF, especially AF tracking. Fuji has always been kinda shitty at that until they announced the xt2/xpro2, which really changed the game
>>
>>3094833
Unlike DSLRs with dedicated AF modules, Fuji literally just bought the A6300 sensor with built in PDAF and went with that. Not much of an achievement really.
>>
File: iridient-transformer-compare.jpg (755KB, 1700x1134px) Image search: [Google]
iridient-transformer-compare.jpg
755KB, 1700x1134px
>>3094613
What bugs me about Fuji is while they have the best ASPC sensor you need a third party application to realize it's potential. Straight to LR - meh, after x-transformer, sharper than the a6500.
>>
>>3094926

Didn't know about this, gave it a try, and now I gotta buy this new software and need another step in my developing process.

Also dead pixels on my year old xpro2.

Horizontal Resolution144 dpi
Vertical Resolution144 dpi
Image Width2560
Image Height1600
>>
>>3094926
>>3094956
wowzers, digital looks shitty as fuck.
>>
I'm thinking about sell my Nikon gear and go Fujifilm.

maybe a Xt1 with a 18-55mm and a 100-400mm because birds and sports
>>
>>3094896
Tell me, what do those pdaf points do by themselves? They push out some raw data, and the actual af is done in software. There is no universal operating system or language in those components so that you could just plop anything in there and expect it to work. So yeah. It really isn't that simple.
>>
>>3094613
>Shitty x-trans sensor
Enjoy your false colors, I guess
>>
for photos, yea it's probably the best apsc mirrorless
for video, gtfo
no headphone jack unless you attach battery grip
no log unless using an external recorder
no ibis

c300 mkii is still the best there is for diy run and gun documentaries
>>
>>3095031
Fun fact: ois on the 18-55 2.8-4 is a couple of stops more effective than ibis on 6500.

Just that lens, mind...
>>
>>3094926
>>3094956
you realize fuji has native LR support for the x100f, xpro2, xt2 as of 3 months ago with lightroom 6.10, right?
>>
>>3094613
Objectively speaking? Sony.

You can't look past the facts,
Best sensors
Ibis
Best lenses
More bang for your buck than everyone except bentax
Evfs are the future
Future proofed mount
Built in-house
Most accurate and fastest af
More 3rd party support than any other mount
>>
>>3095039
sasuga, moopco
>>
>>3095038
It may have native support now, but it's still softer than a nuns cunt when compared to iridient or any bayer camera.
>>
>>3095041
Is your LR updated?
>>
>>3095031
>a videocamera designed for video is better than a camera with video capabilities
welp. the Arri Alexa is better than the c300mk2, does that mean the canon is shit?
>>
>>3095139
Compared to the Alexa pretty much everything is shit.
>>
File: xpro2_a7II.jpg (475KB, 1400x788px) Image search: [Google]
xpro2_a7II.jpg
475KB, 1400x788px
>>3094613

It has potential.

Once they kill off the gimmicky sendor, and actually get enough lenses to compete with someone like Sony, not to mention Canon/Nikon, then they will be worth looking at.

Camera ModelX-T1
Camera SoftwareDigital Camera X-T1 Ver4.30
Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)83 mm
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Image OrientationUnknown
Image Width1400
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Image Height788
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:03:09 21:49:54
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
Exposure Time11/2000 sec
Exposure ProgramManual
F-Numberf/6.4
White BalanceAuto
Image Width1400
Exposure ModeManual
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Height788
Brightness-3/100 EV
FlashFlash, Compulsory
Lens Aperturef/6.4
Exposure Bias0 EV
ISO Speed Rating400
Focal Length55.00 mm
Light SourceUnknown
SharpnessNormal
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Metering ModePattern
>>
>>3095143
actual good sony lenses are expensive as shit, it's basically the most expensive system to get into right now. Lenses like the 70-200 or the 24-70 are more expensive than canikon's equivalents.
Imo Fuji really lacks on the long focals only, you basically can only get the 100-400 with the converter. Every other focal is well covered, there is no really need for a dozen alternatives when the fuji one is already the best.
>>
>>3095143
left: a camera
right: spare playstation parts with a lens
>>
>>3095146
>actual good sony lenses are expensive as shit,

The GM stuff, yea. But it is also the best on the market.

THeir normal stuff is actually competitive with Fuji's crop lenses.
>>
>>3095038
>>3095044
LR isn't even close to x-transformer even now, I suspect it never will be. On the plus side LR handles the DNGs a lot faster than the RAF.
>>
>>3095179
>LR isn't even close to x-transformer even now, I suspect it never will be. On the plus side LR handles the DNGs a lot faster than the RAF.

Do you have any proof of this? I asked the anon that was actually posting comparisons if those comparisons were done after the update and he never responded
>>
>>3094974
filmfags... i swear to god
>>
>>3095039
a9 + some zeiss glass would cost you a kidney tho
>>
>>3095206

Honestly a7rii is the better choice. ~$2,000 and has the better sensor. No 20fps, but you don't really need that.
>>
>>3095184
Cause you're asking if the sky is blue. There's a free demo see for yourself. Basic settings guide, geared for use with LR http://blog.thomasfitzgeraldphotography.com/blog/2017/4/a-sneak-peek-at-my-upcoming-guide-for-iridient-x-transformer
>>
File: 001_5146.jpg (2MB, 7360x4912px) Image search: [Google]
001_5146.jpg
2MB, 7360x4912px

Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D800
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.0 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.4
Color Filter Array Pattern802
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)50 mm
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2017:06:14 11:17:55
Exposure Time1/200 sec
F-Numberf/1.4
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating800
Lens Aperturef/1.4
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length50.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlLow Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessHard
>>
>>3095216
what are you trying to say?
>>
>>3095220
Probably something along the lines of
> Help, I am unable to get my subject correctly in focus
>>
>>3094613
Given the beautiful physical control layout and the great images I've seen from it Fuji is (For my personal needs and wants in a camera) the best.

I love them so much so I am going to but a used x-t1 or x-pro1 soon.
>>
>>3095139
I said for diy documentary
if you want to shoot on an arri thats on you
>>
>>3094720
Newfag, lurk moar
>>
>>3095039
>Best sensors
Not debatable. i recognize the fact that sony has this in their bag.

>IBIS
Neat feature but there are alternatives. Not disputing sonys excellent stabilization here tho.

>Best lenses
I personally don't think so. There's more to a lens than just sharpness and in my opinion that's all sony really brings to the table.

>More bang except bendicks
Admittedly there's great sony cameras for a low price to be had but even then, there's alternatives outside of pentacks

>EVFs are the future.
Agreed. I love OVFs simply because they're instant but EVFs magical ability of just being a display in your face shows you more accurately what you'll get and therefore in the long run will be a better choice.

etc etc.

Subjectively speaking and in your opinion, sony but there's more to that. No manufacturer is subjectively the best as everyone has different needs.
>>
>>3095326
Go with the x-t1, it's much better and more modern. x-pro1 was the first effort in the x-mount system, and it shows.
>>
>>3095326
Although the x-t1 remains a little jewel, it's noticeably weaker than the x-t2, especially in AF. If you can shell out the money, consider the x-t2.
>>
>>3095386
Are there any other disadvantages to the x-t1?
I personally use manual focus 90% of the time and since I am on a very tight budget I don't think I could dish out more as much as I'd love to.

Thanks for the feedback tho.
>>
>>3095413
x-t2 does video a lot better than the x-t1, if that's of importance to you. however, i would get a used x-t1, got one myself for less slightly less than 500€, and in great condition.
>>
>>3095431
For video I have the LX100 (Sweet manual shutter dial. Same reason why I want Fuji). Sure can't change lenses but it's got all I need for con and travel videos. So yeah you just confirmed my future purchase of a x-t1. Thank you very much.
>>
>>3094613
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD-HMUTfhu0

ohio.
>>
I recently sold my Nikon stuff and got into a Fuji system with an xt-2 and I be been amazed at the image quality from the size and weight of the system. Also the controls are a dream - no trips to the menu system means it's a lot more fun to take photos.
>>
File: DSCF44711.jpg (399KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF44711.jpg
399KB, 1200x800px
>>3095450
Arigatou Gozaimasu

>>
>>3095206
1ds ii and some L glass would cost 2 kidneys though. So what's your point? Good stuff is expensive? K.

>>3095209
Silent shutter or 20fps are worth an extra $2k to a lot of people.

>>3095331
>sony only do sharpness
And the smoothest bokeh
And let's not even start on comparing retrofocal dslr lenses to their sony mirrorless counterparts, it gets embarrassing.
Oh and sony have the fastest and most accurate af as they are not afraid to use focus by wire as it's got potential to be faster than any traditional focus mech and mirrorless allows the af to be much smarter.

>>3095413
Fuji lenses are all soft as shite except in the very centre, unless you stop down to about f8. The 1.4 and faster lenses are fucking terrible below f2.8. There are no 3rd party manufacturers for fuji x-mount, if you want a lens, a shit one starts at $300, if you want a flash with hss, you need $500. If you went with a sony, you could get the exceptional trio of sigma dn lenses for $300, which are all sharper than even the most expensive fuji lenses. You also won't have sharp images from your fuji if you process them using adobe products, you need to use a mac only program called iridient developer (built by 1 single dude, about as user friendly as a cesium condom) if you want sharp images.

>muh tight budget
Sony nex-5 can be had for peanuts and they use the same image sensor as the xt1 and xpro1, if you need a viewfinder the nex 6, 7, a3000 and a6000 are available. Fuck, you can get a full frame a7 for the same price as an xt1, if you're using adapted old lenses this makes a million times more sense.
>>
File: utTwzQE.jpg (82KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
utTwzQE.jpg
82KB, 720x960px
>>3095039
this
>>
>>3095694
Here you go again, spewing that same old bullshit all over :D
>>
>>3095694
so many lies in this shitpost its not even worth spending time to address every one of em.
kys moopco.
>>
>>3095694
>You also won't have sharp images from your fuji if you process them using adobe products, you need to use a mac only program called iridient developer (built by 1 single dude, about as user friendly as a cesium condom) if you want sharp images

Fuji is supported natively in LR and ACR now and looks just as good as xtransformer, which is not a mac only program
>>
>>3095701
>>3095702
Why is there never any counter argument for Sony?

I see counter arguments that hold their own for every other brand

canon - bad sensors, designed by Fischer price, gimped through software, canon colors (too much red)

nikon - Identify as attack helicopter, too slow to bring out underwhelming products, gimped through sw, Nikon colors (too much green)

Bentax - far too slow to bring products to market, bad lenses, non existent lenses

Fuji - soft lenses, no full frame, no 3rd party support, flash support is abysmal, ergo of a slab of brick, false color, no proper adobe/editing support, no pro gear, fuji colors (nostalgia vomit)

Sony - Expensive (wahhh I can't afford good stuff), Sony colors (too much yellow), "ITS SBONY".

Seeing as no-one here is shooting in jpeg we can discount all the "Brand X color" arguments.

Which leaves Sony with no negatives except for poor people not being able to afford them (which is horseshit, the bodies are considerably cheaper than their canikonuji equivalents and adaptability means that you can mount any lenses that you can afford. If you want the best of the best of the best, luckily Sony caters for that with it's GM range, and hence why they have been top priority and Sony have only just started branching out into their affordable consumer range - with prices that rival canikon, but quality that destroy them.
>>
>>3095703
Have you done a side by side with updated LR and ID?

Adobe is still WAYYYYYYYYY behind.
>>
>>3095708
No and neither have you yet you still claim that you know that adobe is still behind without any proof to back it up
>>
>>3095709
LMAO
Go use a google, friend.
>>
>>3095707
>Why is there never any counter argument for Sony?
>never
your shitposts have been addressed numerous times before. Hell, even I replied to you a few times before. And? I feel no need to do this all over again as this leads absolutely nowhere. You still posting that shit from 2014.
>>
>>3095711
>still posts no rebuttal

It's like you realise you've been rumbled and cognitive dissonance has pushed you into the twilight zone.
>>
>>3095712
fuck off you don't know shit and your piece of shit sony will just fall to bits on you
>>
File: sonyoverheating.jpg (292KB, 1600x533px) Image search: [Google]
sonyoverheating.jpg
292KB, 1600x533px
>>3095712
Are stupid? i just told you your shitposts have been addressed numerous times before.
>>
>>3095717
>>3095716
>>3095711

I'm new round here, can you run by what exactly is wrong with Sony? I see you memed about them overheating, but that was all fixed with a firmware update shortly after it first happened.
>>
File: 1492899694971.jpg (20KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
1492899694971.jpg
20KB, 600x448px
>>3095166
>>
>>3095707

Fuji
Record breakingly sharp lenses, no need for full frame, no need for 3rd party support, no need for retard modes on flash (but nissin i40 exists for babies), great ergonomics and fantastic user interface & experience, false color is a myth based on one salty fags SIMULATED results, adobe needs a little tweaking to get shit right but better options exist, pros' use whatever gear they like, fuji colors are great but can be tweaked to what ever in post

Sony
Shitty incoherent ecosystem, garbage ergonomics, disastrous batterylife, giant lenses make the setup completely unbalanced, over hyped over priced lenses, qc issues, overheating all over the place, hi iso iq is not on par with competition (except Rii but then the files are retard size), no xqd, huge problems with aliasing and moire, baked in noise reduction in long exposure raws...

See, I can make all kinds of claims as well.
>>
Problem with you fags is that you keep sucking Adobe cock with their shitty Lightroom program and DNG cancerous file format.
Sensible people use Rawtherapee on Linux which has the best RAF support, and also respect your freedoms.
>>
>>3095707

Most of /p/ are underage bans, and they think Sony is not cool thanks to the whole console war thing.
>>
>>3095184
>>3095215

Here is another example at iso 2000, xtransformer on the right. LR is updated, I have the cc package.

It has nothing to do with support for the camera. It's about how it interprets the raw files. This has been said a million times, learn to read.

I can also confirm that working with RAF files in LR can take your patience away. It's awful slow. You can either create standard previews and work with those, or go the dng route.

In either case, the difference it's not THAT huge. Unless you are a pixel peeper, which we all are here.

Horizontal Resolution144 dpi
Vertical Resolution144 dpi
Image Width2560
Image Height1600
>>
>>3095761
Right shows more noise though. Anyway, care to share your settings for X-Transformer?
>>
>>3095778
i thought the same when i tried it out with iridient developer the other day. can't you get more or less the same resut by appyling the sharpness slider in LR to the .raf-file?

serious question here, no trolling.
>>
>>3095786
Yeah, >>3095778 here, was wondering the same. It just looks like X-Transformer sharpens differently.
>>
>>3095707
>Why is there never any counter argument for Sony?
Because speaking of your posts it's the equivalent of discussing with /g/ battlestation's turboautists, where a Macbook is shit because there are shitty Alienwares with greater pumped specs, leds and fucking spoilers. For your kind, it's all about specs. Except it's not. You totally forget - or rather intentionally ignore - the user experience, the user's workflow and preferences, the camera's UI, the ergonomics, weight balance and so on. Ultimately, the feeling a photographer built over time with his equipment of choice, which is what actually makes the difference. If you could afford it, you would get an Alpa 100Mp just because it has greater specs, but you would still end up with the same crap shots. Because you are the ultimate gearfag, you just don't give a damn about details that matter.
>>
>>3095786
It's far more than sharpness. Nuanced color gradients are destroyed with LR but come through clearly after going through x transformer. Also the best settings for it leave most of the sharpening undone so you can fine tweak it in LR.
>>
>>3095707
If you haven't seen better arguments against Sony it's by your own choice. Take off the blinders.
>>
All these people posting shittons of text on a photography imageboard. That's why all your opinions suck, they have no proof behind them.
This is the only anon that posted something, at least >>3095761
>>
File: DSCF2764s.jpg (515KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF2764s.jpg
515KB, 1200x800px
>>3095897
youre right. lets post pictures.

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-T1
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)73 mm
Image Width4738
Image Height3159
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2017:06:15 19:01:13
Exposure Time1/480 sec
F-Numberf/6.4
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/6.4
Brightness9.1 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length48.40 mm
Image Width1200
Image Height800
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>3095184
what update are you referring to?
>>
>>3095761
right seems oversharpened desu
>>
>>3095934
update 6.9 and 6.10 of LR

http://www.fujirumors.com/lightroom-cc-2015-9-6-9-now-available-fujifilm-gfx-x100f-x-t20-x-a10-support-x-t2x-pro2-bug-fix/
>>
File: 330-Fuji23mmMTF_1385421254.jpg (22KB, 330x248px) Image search: [Google]
330-Fuji23mmMTF_1385421254.jpg
22KB, 330x248px
>>3095731
>shitty ecosystem
Is that the fastest growing camera system ever that you take issue with or the fact it has the best lenses in the world between sony and zeiss? Or is it because it's the only system where you can get af on your legacy glass?

>bad ergo
That's funny, last I checked the a7 and a9 range had more custom buttons and dials than any other camera, and I can shoot one handed thanks to the perfect finger grip. Even cameradecision.com puts the a7 as "good" ergo and the fuji range at "average" ergo.

>giant lenses are unbalanced
You tried the 70-200 gm? It's balanced really nicely as the ends are both an equal weight, you're not supposed to be holding the body with large lenses, I much prefer it to my old canon and 70 200 L

>over hyped/priced lenses
Wait, you're upset that sony users are really satisfied with their gear so share their recommendations? Lmfao. And it's only overpriced if you can't afford it, their prices are par for the course on an image quality/$ basis.

>qc
Where?

>overheating
All fixed by firmware updates, it was less than a week for the a9 fix to arrive because sony are quick to act.

>hi iso iq is not on par
Show me any camera that you can buy new for the price of an a7 that has better image quality.
Show me any camera that has better low light video than the a7s.
Show me any camera that has better low light photos than the a7rii.
Comon bruv, you're making this quite easy now.

>no xqd
A9 still has the fastest clearing buffer on the market.

>aliasing and moire
Lol, no.

>baked in nr for shots over 4 seconds
As opposed to baked in heavy handed nr on every fuji raw? Wewlad.

As you can see, anti-sony sentiment is based off a salty fuji user, not someone that can use their brain.

And if fuji have such sharp lenses, why do they never allow apples to apples comparisons?Why do their mtf graphs show they massively under resolve fuji bodies (pic related, the 23 1.4)?Sony fe primes are sharp across the (much larger) frame wide open.
>>
>>3096269

Did you miss the:
>See, I can make all kinds of claims as well.

He was just spouting nonsense. He just reversed the Sony positives and Fuji negatives.
>>
>>3094926
oh dang that is a big difference, didn't know about this software. thanks anon
>>
>>3096272
No point confusing guests with misleading information though is there.
>>
Alright since theres quite a few fuji shooters in this thread.
I currently have an x-pro1 and 2 lenses. what software will help me the most for demoisiac step?
I am currently using Corel Aftershot 3. I noticed it is a lot slower with RAFs than it was back when I was shooting with a compact body samsung.
the Irident software looks promising, should I use x transformer or is it worth it to buy the whole package?
I also noticed in some fuji boards people were using darktable and getting pretty decent results vs lightroom.
What have you guys tried and how was it?
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (383KB, 2000x1335px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
383KB, 2000x1335px
>>3096269
how about this:
>while having the smallest body for full frame, their lenses are the largest, which is stupid since sony always points out how compact the body is
>their kit lenses are dogshit tier. Both apsc and fe. Seriously the worst of all the manufacturers.
>fast lenses have terrible vignetting. Some have real bad purple fringing
>most lenses youd ever need cost ridiculous money
>dozens of articles online about terrible support
>in long exposure software fucks up star shooting
>poor sealing leading in rusty connections
>terrible ergonomics
>no front custom buttons
>early models with a fucking plastic mount LMAO
>7 years since release of aspc e-mount and they STILL have no standart (18-50 range) zoom with constant 2.8 aperture.
have this been memed enough for you?
>>
>>3096269
and yet there's never been a single good photo taken with one
>>
File: 1483136490820.png (750KB, 1563x978px) Image search: [Google]
1483136490820.png
750KB, 1563x978px
>>3095184
adobe can't into xtrans
>>
>>3095166
kek
>>
>>3095511
I agree
>>
>>3096300
>their lenses are the largest
No, they are smaller and lighter

12-24 f4
Sigma - 1.15kg
Sony - 550g

28 f2/f1.8
Canon - 310g
Sony - 200g

55mm
Pentax - 375g
Sony - 280g

70 200 2.8
Canon - 1490g - 199mm long
Nikon - 1540g - 206mm long
Sony - 1490g - 200mm long

At the short end sony has a massive advantage in size, weight, transmission and image quality, thanks to the short flange distance negating the need for retrofocal compromises. At the long end it's the same as every other brand.

>kit lenses are bad
Hands up who uses a kit lens and cares about photography? You don't have to get a kit lens senpai.

>fast lenses vignette
Learn the tradeoffs of lens design, the strong vignette seen in some lenses allows exceptional sharpness across the frame, flat field and decent transmission. The trade off is either soft edges a la fuji or massive lens a la otus, when iso 1600 is still super clean, obviously pushing the corners 1 to 2 stops at the risk of slight noise is better than having to stop down 4 stops (and take the iso hit) just to get decent sharpness. I have the 55mm, I can shoot railings into sunlight and get zero ca, purple fringeing is not an issue.

>lenses are expensive
Not really senpai, yes the gm range isn't cheap, they are also completely in a league of their own for quality but are no more expensive than the latest canon releases. Remember the gm range has been sold out from day 1 and the 55mm costs more 2nd hand today than it did new at launch, due to demand.

>bad support
You can say this about any company senpai.

>stareater
Has been acknowledged and there's a fix coming, just like they've fixed compressed raws, slow af and overheating in firmware upates.

>poor sealing and rust
Lol, no, a kid dropped his camera in the sea, this has been confirmed

>terrible ergo
Only for fat burger hands

>no front c buttons
You get extra c buttons on some lenses though

>plastic mount
What is thermal expansion

>they don't cater to poorfag crop babbys
Crop is dead.
>>
>>3096316
>Hands up who uses a kit lens and cares about photography? You don't have to get a kit lens senpai.

Only the 16-50mm kit is bad, and that is mainly because it is tiny.

The 18-55 is decent, but nothing special.

The 24-70 is extremely sharp and well above average, and certainly better than the fuji kit.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1724x1643px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1724x1643px
>>3096269
> why do they never allow apples to apples comparisons
care to cite some sources?

also, bad ergo is more than just amount of buttons.

I have better things to do, but here, I also made a screencap.
>>
>>3095712
>Cognitive dissonance
Believing every word Sony marketing puts out.
Owning a Sony camera and still believing every word Sony marketing puts out.
>>
>>3096332
24-70 f4? Its a zeiss and also costs $1100
28-70 kit is dogshit
>>
>>3095707
fuck anothr snyshill
>>
>>3094619
love this
>>
>>3096410
Did you know the sony defense force is just one autistic guy?
>>
>>3096451
moopco aka binman?
>>
>>3096405

I meant 28-70, it is far from dogshit. One of the better kits to date. Sharp, quick af (on a second gen body), aperture is nothing great, but it is a kit.

Zeiss is only $925 here too, btw.
>>
>>3096389
Source?
>>
>>3095694
>Oh and sony have the fastest and most accurate af as they are not afraid to use focus by wire etc...

Sure the AF is fast. I am not debating the quality of sony cameras but as someone who loves dials and full and easy manual control sadly nothing sony has appeals to me. Personally I am not out for the sharpest and largest prints so I'd rather shoot something a little less capable but I have my dials for shutter speed, iso etc.

Not discouraging anyone from getting a sony. If it suits your needs then by all means, pull the trigger on an a6000 or 6500 etc.
>>
>>3095707
I have one.

No dials for decent manual control.
Don't let that discourage you tho. If the camera does the job for you then there are no problems with it.

Personally I am getting Fuji because of the dials and even my p&s is equipped for that as I am getting an LX100 for the physical shutter speed control. Sadly focus is electronic on it but I will manage.

Shoot what you need, not what someone else needs.
>>
>>3095900
wow, beautiful image anon
>>
>>3096570

>no dials
Has 3 dials, all customisable.
>>
File: nnope.png (27KB, 786x157px) Image search: [Google]
nnope.png
27KB, 786x157px
>>3096468
b&h is 1100 which is official price
>28-70 is one of the better kits to date
quite the opposite my friendo
>>
File: .png (128KB, 658x926px) Image search: [Google]
.png
128KB, 658x926px
>>3097707
Anyone can post random blogshit
>>
>>3097707

>b&h is 1100 which is official price

Because you can only buy products at the official price. They never get discounted.

And one bad review doesn't mean shit. Most places tend to say it is a decent kit lens.
>>
>>3095900
Saved

from the thumbnail i thought it was going to be an oversaturated pos, but it works really nicely

Where was this?
>>
>>3097813
also could you post a higher res version?>>3095900
>>
File: DSCF2764L.jpg (2MB, 3840x2560px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF2764L.jpg
2MB, 3840x2560px
>>3097815

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-T1
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2017 (Windows)
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)73 mm
Image Width4738
Image Height3159
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2017:06:19 10:56:23
Exposure Time1/480 sec
F-Numberf/6.4
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/6.4
Brightness9.1 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length48.40 mm
Image Width3840
Image Height2560
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessNormal
>>
File: DSCF8441.jpg (2MB, 3480x2305px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF8441.jpg
2MB, 3480x2305px
I like taking pics that are split in half
>>
File: DSCF1830.jpg (2MB, 3480x2320px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF1830.jpg
2MB, 3480x2320px

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-T1
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2017 (Windows)
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)83 mm
Image Width4730
Image Height3153
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2017:06:19 11:05:37
Exposure Time1/950 sec
F-Numberf/7.1
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/7.1
Brightness9.3 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length55.00 mm
Image Width3480
Image Height2320
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessNormal
>>
File: DSCF7286.jpg (2MB, 4777x3185px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF7286.jpg
2MB, 4777x3185px

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-T1
Camera SoftwareCapture One 10.1.1 Windows
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)54 mm
Exposure Time1/350 sec
F-Numberf/7.1
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/7.1
Brightness9.0 EV
Exposure Bias0.3 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length35.80 mm
Image Width4777
Image Height3185
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessNormal
Unique Image ID85e2c907e656e2cc0000000000000000
>>
>>3095209
>a7rii is the better choice if you don't need autofocus or a usable raw buffer
ftfy
>>
>>3098042
is this aruba? it looks like aruba
>>
>>3098164
Mallorca
>>
>>3098162
Autofocus works great, I miss less with my a7rii than my old canon 1dx as it has things like eye af.

And buffer takes 24 seconds to clear 24 photos for me, it's never been an issue here.
>>
>>3098162
>>3098600

It is funny that terrible autofocus is mentioned in a Fuji thread.

Fuji has the worst af on the market.
>>
>>3098609
>Fuji has the worst af on the market.
what the fuck are you on about? its not 2013 anymore.
>>
>>3098612
>it's not 2013 anymore
And still, 4 years on, fuji have the worst af, well, maybe bentax.
>>
Get a batis 25mm and a batis 85mm and a sony a7ii or a7rii if you can afford them and never look back. Zeiss Batis line is absolutely amazing.

I tried shooting with Fuji but I like shooting more with Sony. Both are exceptional.

Anyone shooting with a canon or nikon that is not a professional is retarded. Why lug around such a big camera with big lenses.

Get a mirrorless and enjoy taking pictures.

I live in between south korea, japan, and china. The only people these days who shoot canon are philipino tourists with huge lenses and girls with t(numberHere)i + kitlens.

Nikon is really popular in Japan but i dont see any FF cameras in public or in tourist spots.

Sony is everywhere. Especially the a6000. I think Sony gets shit on a lot because most people who dont know anything about cameras and dont really care about cameras but want a camera for family and travel buy a sony because lets be honest for a regular joe your bang for the buck is best in a sony a6000. Of course these people dont look ahead and get fucked on the price of lenses or never even bother to buy another lens.

Film is cool. I respect the ritual and time that goes into the craft but again its 2017.... I came back from Shanghai and taipei... I took over 3000 pics in 7 days rotating between 3 batteries. Mostly snapshits of my wife and people but about 50 pics are worth actually printing and looking at. With film its just not possible unless its 1980 and you work for NatGeo.

If you shoot for yourself you owe it to try sony or fuji at least your camera can be with you at all times if you actually like taking pics.

Keep lugging around a canon FF with a camera bag with a bunch of lenses in the summer like a tool. a7ii with 35 2.8 and a spare battery and you dont even need a wrist strap its so compact.
>>
>>3098628
Try using one before spouting such nonsense.
>>
>>3098634
I agree with you on all that. Although, I'm different in that I prefer shooting with Fuji, though I do still own a Sony A7 and owned an A7rii.

Also, where did you live in China? I have been living in Ningbo for the last few months, am actually going to Japan in 2 weeks times for lil holiday.
>>
>>3098641
I own one, kek.
>>
>>3098634
>Anyone shooting with a canon or nikon that is not a professional is retarded
Fucking kek! Sonyggers are delusional as fuck.
>>
timestamp with an x-t2 or youre talking shit faggot
>>
>>3098676
if you own an xt2/xpro2 then you need to git gud m8
>>
>>3098678

Why lug around such a big camera if you're not a pro? If you're doing weddings / commercial / sports work FF DSLR's are amazing and that is what is expected in the industry. Regular Joe's getting married would likely feel like they hired an amateur if he showed up with an A7RII. So in that area absolutely DSLR's are a must.

But for hobbists / amateurs owning a Canon / Nikon FF is retarded. None of my photog friends ever bring their camera out. "It's too heavy" or they get stared at, their 5dmkii collect dust.

Do street photography with a canon/nikon FF; people rush past you or stop walking if you try to compose a shot. Almost impossible to compose something without making people look at you like autistic. With a mirrorless its no problem. With a point and shoot its no problem but sometimes people think you're a creep.

If you're not earning money from photography and it's a hobby and you're using a DSLR yeah you are retarded. Enjoy shooting once a month at the family reunion, kids birthday, and airshow... or you can lug it in public with a gay strap around your shoulder and your packpack sticking out like a sore thumb.
>>
File: f3xt2.jpg (61KB, 1041x590px) Image search: [Google]
f3xt2.jpg
61KB, 1041x590px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nici9GkWIVA

>>
>>3098803
How far up your own arse do you have to be to not realise that you're just talking from your own experience?

My parents both have SLRs that they like using. My mum uses hers whenever she goes to a national trust stately home or the zoo which she does a lot. My dad is more interested in astro photography (he's built his own Observatory) and bird watching which he does frequently enough to justify his camera kit.
>>
>>3095039
>facts
>best

Better check the definition of a fact, kid
>>
thinking about go fuji xt-2, I mostly work with sport photography. it's a good idea?
>>
>>3099372
It's a bad idea.

So is this >>3099413

t.fujifag
>>
>>3095204
but that DOES look shitty as fuck and i say this as someone who shoots both.

and like your pics being sharper is going to mean they suck any less as a whole anyway.
>>
>>3099372
Get a DSLR

t. sony user
>>
>>3099432
already have a d700 and a 300mm2.8, but it's heavy as fuck, and was thinking about something lighter
>>
>>3099456
Pentax Q
>>
>>3099456
If you're keen on doing sport photography and your current set-up is "heavy as fuck" then you really need to get your priorities straight. it's not like you're hiking 10 miles with that gear. sounds to me like you just want some of that Fujifilm brand on you, and if this is the case, then just fucking get one and stop trying to get everyone to be convinced you have a legit reason. that fuji 100-400mm ain't tiny and there's no comparable telephoto like the one you've got.
>>
>>3099294
You are right with your dad. Buy your mom a fuji or sony
>>
>>3099372
>>3099456
It depends on the sport you shoot. Fuji and mirrorless in general are OK for relatively predictable sports like motor racing or track & field, where subjects mostly move in a straight line across your field of view and most events are well lit and you don't really need huge apertures for background separation. (Because you're shooting with very long telephotos and often panning.)

For ball sports, especially indoor ones, you're still going to want a DSLR and fast teles like you're already using. Fuji's AF can't really keep up with basketball or football to a professional level, and none of the mirrorless systems have a full set of native fast superteles yet.
>>
>>3100889

Sony is finally releasing their first mirrored prime over 135mm this year (a 400mm).

It really should have been released with the a9, but the only other way to get a telephoto prime on mirrored is to adapt something.

And if you are adapting a stupid expensive telephoto lens, why not just get the native body?
>>
>>3100893

Fuck, that is supposed to say "their first mirrorless prime". Fucking autocorrect.
>>
PENTAX
>>
>>3100893
What aperture? I'm only seeing the 70-400 when I search for it.

IMO 400/2.8 (for ball sports, especially baseball and either kind of football) and 500/4 (for motorsports, extreme sports, golf, etc.) are the core lenses necessary to make a camera system truly viable for sports pros. Until those are available it's always going to be a "prosumer" system.
>>
>>3100976

It has yet to be officially announced. But it was leaked by the same guys who leaked a9, but there is no mention of the aperture from a reliable source.

>http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr2-400mm-f4-0-fe-lens-prototype-specs/

Everyone is hoping for f/2.8, but if it follows Sony's previous releases, the f/4 will come first.
>>
>>3096300
i saw some shitty photo with "jason lanier" on it the other day. is this guy a joke or do people take his photo skills serious. Is this a real photo he took? HDR bride with a shitty chevy kicking up dirt?
>>
>>3095039
What is Ibis?
>>
>>3102878
Magic
>>
Been thinking about an X70 as a nice pocket/second camera to my DSLR, any of y'all shot one?

I work at a camera shop so I can get fuji shit at about 50% street price.
>>
>>3102919
Why do you need two cameras?
>>
>>3102919
It's basically a mini X100S, so you get all the positive and more negatives. Slow autofocus, soft pictures (but still very usable), no viewfinder, and it's not exactly pocketable. There are lot better pocketable cameras like the RX100 (3 or higher), LX100, Ricoh GR2, Canon G7x etc.
>>
>>3096269
>baked in nr for shots over 4 seconds
Sony user here. This shit is unacceptable. I will stick with my a7s first gen, since I can get by with 30s until nr kicks in. But its absolute BS that I cant expose longer than 30s without getting retarded nr added
>>
>>3103772

They patched it into an option for a7rii and a7sii.
>>
>>3103768
The fuck you smoking? X70 is basically same size as all of those except lx100 which is larger. And x70 iq will destroy all of those except maybe gr which has a sharper lens.
>>
>>3103777
not what i heard
>>
>>3103777
But it didn't really work. They still eat fine detail like stars, do your research.
Thread posts: 157
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.