[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw not talented >tfw all your pictures are shit I now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6320.jpg (40KB, 690x661px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6320.jpg
40KB, 690x661px
>tfw not talented
>tfw all your pictures are shit

I now understand gearfags. I've taken maybe a handful of pics I think are decent.

It's frustrating. Sometimes you feel like you'll never make any respectable or meritable art.

So all you can do is gearfag.

I get it now. Let's hug.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width690
Image Height661
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
So what, whenever I go out to take pictures I take so many shit ones I'm genuinely surprised afterwards, but it's still fun just going out and looking for stuff

Who the fuck cares anyway, it's a hobby for almost all of /p/, enjoy it for what it is
>>
>>3094592
A handful of half decent shots is infinitely better than none at all.
>>
>>3094592
If you think of all the great photographers of the past and all the thousands upon thousands of pictures they each must have taken during the course of their careers. Why is it you only ever see a small handful? A few books worth at most.

I'll tell you why. Because the rest of the pictures were shit. They recognised their shit and learned from it. And they got where they are because they worked very hard on their work and didn't give in to gear fagging
>>
Whenever I think about buying a new piece of gear I just think where could I holiday for the same amount of money, the lust for the gear usually goes away
>>
>>3094592
>Sometimes you feel like you'll never make any respectable or meritable art.
Nobody but the artfag circle jerk will call your shots "respectable" or "meritable", and caring a fuck's worth about these idiots is a lost cause.

You make photos, some people pay for them or just see them and like them or not.

All you can try to do is to shoot something interesting with good gear, yes. Poor gear is half-assing it, and generally speaking people will have a tendency to dislike half-assed work.
>>
>>3095133
>And they got where they are because they worked very hard on their work and didn't give in to gear fagging
Most historical and currently famous photographers were and are utter gearfags by /p/'s standards. Many had their own fucking lenses made, or constantly upgraded to better cameras once they became mass products.

It is part of "working very hard" to get the best result. You don't ignore bringing and using gear ~as good as currently possible.
>>
>>3095174
The cognitive dissonance is amazing.

>You should try to take good photos but you shouldn't think too hard about it! You should care about technical proficiency, but you shouldn't care about aesthetic judgments! Art is inherently vague and subjective and unquantifiable because that's how it seems from my layman's perspective!
>>
>>3095177
>Most
Don't talk fucking shit or provide a long list of 'most'
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.