[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is wildlife photography or any kind of photography a meme career?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: Charlotte-Hornet.jpg (147KB, 1052x536px) Image search: [Google]
Charlotte-Hornet.jpg
147KB, 1052x536px
Is wildlife photography or any kind of photography a meme career?

Since I was a kid I've been obsessed with photography, psychology, and the great outdoors. Leaving the field of psychology behind, I thought mixing those 2 into a career would make me happy. But I hear people say photography along with journalism died when the computer came along. Is this true? Are there good jobs to get as even a photographer of any kind that's not just taking kids high school pictures?
>>
To succeed at photography these days you need vision and originality, technology has gotten to the point where an 8 year old on a full auto iphone can grab better shots than some fuck on a DSLR, obviously technical skill is important but there's diminishing returns in the field of "Simply being competent"

There's still work in this field, but you should consider yourself blessed to get the year book picture job, it's solid work that pays well.

Other than that there's Weddings which can be good money, and the art grant game will always be ripe (Once you get your first one, which will always be the hardest)
>>
>>3094227

>I am a typical millennial, please help

You fucked up by not getting into business, medicine, or trade. And I mean real medicine, not psychology.

>leaving psychology behind

Yet here you are again, going down the other retarded millenial avene of art... for fuck's sake, Anon. Work where the money is, play where the fun is. It's simple.

Why is it always the psych majors who are the most mentally retarded? I know 3, and they all work at grocery stores. One is a nocturnal suicidal lesbian with daddy issues, and another is literally insane. Batshit fucking crazy. The last one is pretty normal, just misguided.
>>
>>3094414
>only millennials ever tried to be artists
>>
>>3094495

In such a large percentage of the population, yes.
>>
>>3094519
Since you're citing percentages, I'm guessing you have some kind of research to base that statement on?
>>
>>3094232
>To succeed at photography these days you need vision and originality,
lolno
You need to simply be competent (or consistently incompetent so you can sell that as your style) and have a combination of connections and hella ability to sell yourself.
>>
>>3094522

Record student loan debt, especially in said courses. This is common knowledge among people who aren't psych / art retards (responsible people).

Some food for thought:

https://dqydj.com/should-art-and-psychology-majors-pay-higher-student-loan-rates/
>>
File: aw.jpg (144KB, 1280x957px) Image search: [Google]
aw.jpg
144KB, 1280x957px
>>3094905
It seems that you look down upon those people who choose to walk down the path of art in life, but consider this. Your criticisms of that calling amount to an apprisal of its unparalleled difficulty, in so far as you imply that the odds of people pursuing art-related educations actually obtaining viable careers in those areas are greatly against them. From this train of thought, it follows that the people who DO successfully become artists have overcome a statistically unrivalled level of adversity in the course of realizing their intentions. Thus you criticize people for pursuing such a lofty goal, but you honestly admit the goal's inherent worth.

You sneer and gloat that these "art retards," as you call them, are not normal. But by definition, geniuses are not normal. You may think you are looking down on us, but in reality it is we who are looking down on you.
>>
>>3094916

>chose to walk down the path of art in life

You do realize you can pursue art while making money, right?

I could post 20+ Facebook profiles of philosophy, psychology, creative writing, photography, and art majors that I know, all of whom bag groceries, and have done since finishing school 6+ years ago.

Know who isn't bagging groceries anymore? The business, medicine, and trade people, me being one of them.
>>
File: you.png (51KB, 200x195px) Image search: [Google]
you.png
51KB, 200x195px
>>3094916

>but in reality it is we who are looking down on you

Kek, just noticed this... coupled with the image, this is some astronomical levels of cringe.
>>
Photojournalism isn't dead. The only people who say that are oldfag photojournalists who can't keep up with the times. Yes, newsrooms are laying off their full-time photographers and relying more on staff writers taking shitty iPhone photographs and freelancers, but there will always be photojournalists.
>>
File: 1317943423799.jpg (89KB, 397x399px) Image search: [Google]
1317943423799.jpg
89KB, 397x399px
>>3094920
>You do realize you can pursue art while making money, right?

That's nice, but the highest pinnacles of artistic achievement cannot be reached with anything less than the devotion of the majority of one's existence to perfecting and advancing their realm of study. You do realize you can make money while pursuing art, right? Not only is it funner than being a wageslave, but it is of higher moral and societal value too.

>>3094921
Yes, keep projecting your insecurities onto me, you normcattle sheep.
>>
>>3094924

Enjoy poverty, cringelord.
>>
File: haruhilol.jpg (18KB, 315x342px) Image search: [Google]
haruhilol.jpg
18KB, 315x342px
>>3094925
>>3094925
Sorry if my choice to pursue a lifestyle that authentically reflects my enlightened thoughts and desires is making you cringe, normgroid.
>>
>>3094929

I set my own hours at 30 - 35 per week, and together with my wife, make well into six figures. Most of the people I work with are on salary, and never hit 40 hours.

Meanwhile, back at the grocery store...

>night, evenings, weekends
>50+ hours, no overtime
>minimum wage

How exactly is that "devotion of the majority of ones existence"? More time, less money. It's called poor planning, Anon.

Most artists could fund themselves if they just planned their lives out in the most basic manner... but no. They almost always fall for the "starving artist" meme, looking for handouts.

Post as many smiling anime characters as you want. You aren't fooling anyone.
>>
File: C3aU0S2UoAAQ7oQ.jpg (272KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
C3aU0S2UoAAQ7oQ.jpg
272KB, 1280x1280px
If you're busy taking photos instead of playing popularity games, then no, you won't have much chance of ever making a career out of it.
>>
>>3094938
You and your wife work 60-70 hours a week and between you only barely make 6 figures?

Sorry to say but whatever you are doing is low paying and shitty hours. Get a degree, maybe STEM if you are smart enough. I'm guessing you are at least in your 20s so you should be able to make six figures alone by now...

Talking down to people who are following their dreams and you are barely scraping by in whatever shitty job. Damn dude, that's sad, no wonder you are so angry.

t. comsci grad, started making 6 figures before I was 18
>>
>>3095034
Keep jerking yourself off. Youre not fooling anyone.
>>
>>3094414
>One is a nocturnal suicidal lesbian with daddy issues, and another is literally insane. Batshit fucking crazy. The last one is pretty normal, just misguided.

Are the other two women?

What grocery store do they work at?
>>
>>3095058
Why are you so cynical, anon? Why is everyone trying to fool you?
>>
>>3094227
wildlife photography is the least meme of all photography types
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIql1ZpHovs
>>
>>3095135
Don't be too hard on him. He killed his dreams so he could work a STEM job and shoot snapshits on the side.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.