[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've just sold my Nikon stuff (D3300 +kit lens +55-200)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: SONY-1200x628.jpg (21KB, 1200x628px) Image search: [Google]
SONY-1200x628.jpg
21KB, 1200x628px
I've just sold my Nikon stuff (D3300 +kit lens +55-200) and now I have 400 bucks, should I go sony aps-c or get a better nikon body(I still have old nikkor glass I use with my film camera).

Is the sony meme even real?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
>>
File: JAY_5808.jpg (2MB, 4928x3264px) Image search: [Google]
JAY_5808.jpg
2MB, 4928x3264px
Any camera you get will be a tremendous upgrade compared to what you had. I have an A6000 (that I recently picked up for dirt cheap) and a D7000 that's my workhorse. The A6000's EVF is useful, mainly for adapting lenses and getting nailing focus on the eyes at high apertures. Shooting into the sun the EVF is hard to make out, and in very dark places the EVF has a tendency to lag a little. It's compact size makes comes in handy while doing street photography. Also, you can set a range when using auto-ISO, which is a feature I've never been able to find on the Nikon Prosumer line (perhaps I'm not looking hard enough)

The D7000 is a brilliant piece of equipment. The optical view finder is bright and it has more than enough focus points. Ergonomically it's perfect. It's heavier than the a6000, but realistically people complaining about how much their cameras weigh them down on long hikes are bitch made. The view finder covers (from my experience) 95% of the frame. With Nikon you also have a huge selection of lenses to chose from without having to use an adaptor.

If you do mainly portraits or street photography I'd recommend a camera with an EVF. If you want an all around camera I'd pick up something with an optical view finder. Just be sure to get something with two dials and potentially an lcd screen at the top.

Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D7000
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.7 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern764
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)25 mm
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2017:03:09 04:13:54
Exposure Time1/320 sec
F-Numberf/6.3
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating500
Lens Aperturef/6.3
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length17.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlLow Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
The A6000 is a nice camera, but I'm going to second the D7000 since you already have a collection of older F mount lenses.
>>
File: DSC01108-2.jpg (509KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01108-2.jpg
509KB, 2000x1333px
>>3092554
Above is a D7000 shot, and this is an a6000 shot. I've found that the a6000 is so compact that I can take it with me everywhere. It's nice to have incase you ever see anything that'd make for an interesting photo.

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-6000
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.7 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2017:06:10 02:39:15
Exposure Time1/50 sec
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating1600
Brightness-5.8 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
Does the a6000 fit a jacket pocket with a lens?
>>
You can't go wrong with the A6000, it's the best all around entry level camera you can get right now.

>>3092592
I can fit it in my jacket pocket with the kit lens but it's pretty snug. Should have no problems if you get a smallish zoom or a prime on there.
>>
>>3092550
Why do you change your camera exactly?
>>
>>3092592
Nah unless you have an XXL pocket. Even if the A6000 has a smaller body, you still need to have a little shoulder bag for your camera.
>>
>>3092610
>I can fit it in my jacket pocket with the kit lens
SOLD! That's just why I don't use my DSLR 90% of the time instead of compact film cameras.

>>3092699
The D3XXX and D5XXX bodies are meh and I wanted to go mirrorless to adapt older lenses.

>>3092702
>shoulder bag
You mean rob me bag or hipster bag?
>>
>>3092724
>rob me bag or hipster bag
you can find a way to have it on you so you won't get robbed, come on...other photographers use those too.
>>
>>3092592
No, and even if you had a cargo pocket big enough to fit an A6000 with a pancake the thing would be swinging around like a pendulum and would be generally annoying.
>>
>>3092592
My a7ii and 35mm lens fits in my jacket pockets just fine. I usually just pop it on a rapid strap fitted quite tight though, as it's so light it just hangs there above my hip inoffensively and will normally be hidden by whatever jumper/coat I'm wearing.
>>
>>3092550
sony bodies are great but glass is overpriced so if you're kinda poor i'd sugest to go with canon/nikon for af/is lenses and nikon for body features and vintage/mf glass
>>
>>3093033
>and nikon for body features and vintage/mf glass
brainfart, i ment sony for mf glass
>>
>>3093034
Sony also makes much more sense if is/vr is important.

For the cost difference between the canon 70 200 2.8 is and non is, you can buy a 2nd hand a7ii which gives is on every lens attached, even adapted ones.
>>
>>3093042
And waste a couple of hundred bucks on an adaptor instead of buying the canon body in the first place.
>>
>>3093053
And not getting IBIS
>>
>>3093053
>paying $800 premium per canon lens for is
>paying $1200 for a better camera body that gives is with every lens ever made and perfect compatibility with every canon mount lens, including old sigma eos lenses that canon bodies can no longer control.

>yfw more canon lenses work on sony than on cucknon

Wew lad.
>>
>>3093057
>>3093064
IS is a meme for videofags.
>>
>>3093067
Is/ibis is incredibly useful for both video and stills. Ibis and a small, cheap gimble makes for amazingly smooth handheld footage.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.