[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apple decided to update their OS to 'High Sierra' edition,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled-1.png (555KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
555KB, 1000x1000px
Apple decided to update their OS to 'High Sierra' edition, and it will come with tone curves for it's Photos editing software and it will be able to edit in Photoshop. Seems like Photos are getting close to what Aperture was, and I guess it will be even closer to Lightroom.

Is this update going to make any pressure on Lightroom, since it's free? What are the pros from editing in Photos and not in Lightroom or Capture One?
>>
>>3091095
I really like that they've expanded the functionality of their stock editor, especially seeing as it was already pretty good. It suggests they actually respect their users' intelligence, as opposed to Windows' built-in editor which has been dumbed down every version and now only has 'colour' and 'light' sliders, a complete joke. However, I think I'll stick to Lightroom for the time being just because of the healing tool and the graduated/radial filters.
>>
While we're on the subject, does anybody here use an iPad to edit pictures? I've been thinking about getting the new iPad Pro to use for photography, especially now when they announced that Affinity Photo will be on the iPad, so I'd either use that or Lightroom Mobile. And the iPad Pro probably has one of the best, if not the best screens on a mobile device, and having a stylus is a hundred times better than editing with the trackpad on a laptop.
>>
>>3091146
I mean if you have the money to blow on it sure, I just don't really see it as a wise investment because you can do the all the same stuff and way more on a laptop.
>>
>major edits are solely done on curves

LR is FINISHED
>>
>>3091095
I used the free trial of capture one and it is truely far beyond the capabilities of lightroom. Adobe could do it to, but they won't for some fucking reason. There's NO reason that video editing should have better coloring capabilities than raw photo editing. It's incredibly frustrating, and I've been considering dumping LR for a while now to go over to capture one. But it's just got a steep learning curve
>>
Unless they've done some serious work, like starting over, photos was the worst photo program I have ever seen. It was the worst by a wide margin too. I tech support mentoring and people fucking hate it.

Helping people with usually went like this:
"Hey I'm using photos to do ____ and it I can't get it work right"
"Buy a different program"
"but..."
"Buy a different program."
>>
>>3091541
>import photo into Premiere
>set sequence settings to photo dimensions
>grade with Lumetri
>export still
>???
>profit
>>
>>3091603
Pretty sure that premier won't handle editing RAW images.

Maybe davinci?
>>
>>3091611
>open photo fullscreen
>print screen
>paste into Premiere
>apply grade
>print screen
>paste into paint and resize to original dimensions
Sorted
>>
>>3091324
Alright, so what laptop can I get with a high resolution, 120 Hz, 600 nits, P3 wide color gamut display that supports touch and stylus input at $650?
>>
>>3091095
>what are the pros
Not buying software...

>pressure on the others
Eh you know how autistic photographers can be. they'll like something because workflow. Also they have different advantages.

Unlike photos - pc users can use the others.
Both have better organization imo
Photos was dog shit slow on my old MacBook. I think they'll fix this bit working with a a6000s arw was like hell.

Little sluggish now but way better.

Imo c1 > c1 express > dark table > lr >>>
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.