[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm running into a problem with directing models, mostly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: WA_pose.jpg (130KB, 490x600px) Image search: [Google]
WA_pose.jpg
130KB, 490x600px
I'm running into a problem with directing models, mostly because I suck at it (but hey, I acknowledge that I suck, I want to get better and I keep trying at, which are three advantages right there.) My problem is that I make my models look forced and awkward, and I want to get past that. But I don't know how to get past that contrived look. I want them to look natural but also express the emotion that I'm seeking from them. How do I do this?

I'm not really looking for a posing chart, though feel free to post those. I'd rather just hear from the more experienced of you how you go about directing your models to express what you're looking for.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Macintosh
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width3000
Image Height2400
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2011:07:27 22:20:42
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width490
Image Height600
>>
>>3090842
Well the first thing you need to do is get to know them. Don't just start shooting, spend some time talking with them first. If they know you, they will be more likely to show you some natural emotions.
And you need to be comfortable to, if you feel awkward and stiff they will also start to feel awkward and stiff.

TL,DR Get to know them and don't act to stiff/serious.
>>
>>3090846
As someone with very mild anxiety, is there any recommendation on how to be more comfortable in these scenarios? I'm guessing the only way to accomplish that is experience. I can't change my past, I certainly can't fake confidence, but I know I can work on my approach and am open to all suggestions. Are there any mental tricks for that or is it simply something that comes with time? I do want to change.
>>
>>3090842

You need to make them have fun, say things like "make love to da camera babeh", and other of those cliche but loveable lines, talk to them beforehand and cater some refreshments, actually try being their friend
>>
>>3090842
Models aren't remote controlled. There are good models and bad models, just say stand here, be sad, be determined, be seductive etc... or just say "do your thing, and when I see something I tell you to stay in that pose"
Not all models know how to pose and not all artists do their thing the same way. If you have a good eye for something, you will notice it and you can go on from there. If the model is uncreative or just too plain for your current mood then send her/him off with a " I'm sorry, I don't feel so good today"
Always be polite, even if you are dumping the model
>>
>>3090847
Hide behind your camera. It is okay for a camera guy to be shy.
>>
>>3090847
No you got the gist of it. The more you interact with people the easier it will be, like going to a mental gym. I just got out of my shyness last year, because i was forced to talk to people.

There ar many videos and guides on Youtube that you can look up.

But one thing that helps me is to image the worst case scenario, and if it isn't that your life is over then it cant be that bad.
And try to reflect on what makes you anxious right then, because when you know what it is you can pinpoint the problem.
And if you feel like you fucked up, own up to it. Humans can are very forgiving, if you let them know whats up. Keep at it m8
>>
>>3091156
Thanks, man :)
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.