[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i'm looking at upgrading my Sony a6000. Want to have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

So i'm looking at upgrading my Sony a6000. Want to have some gear that'll make this hobby also a hobby that'll get me a few extra bucks every now and again. While the a6000 is pretty okay, there's just so much new and better out there.

I wanna jump to FF. so probably going to hit up the a7r2. Looking for some first hand experiences on it tho.

I wanna start getting /out/ more and doing landscape photography. Probably going to do some hikes and shit, also wanna do indoor stuff... What i really want this camera to be ready for is a trip to greece next summer cause fucking hell is it so pretty.

Anyway - any experiences? accessory thoughts? lens thoughts? Thinking of building up my canon lens because video seems to just be loving those lately which is good for if i ever decided to up my game in video (I think i'll probably just be fine with this camera though)

I'm thinking right now to get an a7r2 + Battery Grip + maybe an FE Lens or two depending - maybe an FE lens and a Sigma MC-11 (thoughts? - theres also a decent atomos kit on b&h)

Also what are good financing options? thinking about doing a Signature loan (Local place will get me up to 5k) from a credit union. It's not that i can't afford the camera + gear i want. but having more time to pay it off right now is really nice.

Thanks /p/.
Pic unrelated - taken with a6000 & Nikkor 50/1.8
>>
It's a stupid idea to rely on financing to get new gear. It's a particularly stupid idea to take out a loan for gear before you travel.

The quality of your photos and your ability to market yourself is the barrier between you and making money with this hobby, not your gear. Sun drenched Greek shores begging for base ISO are going to look great with basically any camera from the last 10 years if you're not fucking it up, it doesn't matter if your body is FF or not.

And if your basic bokeh whoring literally a leaf photo is any indication this is all a delusion you should acknowledge sooner rather than later. Buy lenses if you have to buy at all for now.
>>
a7r2 is a fine camera. Attach any batis lens to it and you will have fantastic photos that are tack sharp from corner to corner. But I think you should buy new glass before a new camera. Also the camera grip is stupid. just buy an extra couple batteries instead.
>>
>>3090069
Cringe - the post
>>
>>3090069
If you buy gear with a loan you have lost control of your life. how many photos are you planning to sell to justify the loan?
>>
>>3090087
>And if your basic bokeh whoring literally a leaf photo is any indication this is all a delusion you should acknowledge sooner rather than later.

but bokeh makes everything better right?

but real talk, somehow this was the only /p/ related thing i had to upload (shilling this capture one shit to my friend so took a screen) because i wasn't at my PC with more\better pics.

But yeah, the loan thing was p. stupid, i'll admit - but in my defense literally like furthest from my mind, but figured i'd ask on here to see if it was *actually* stupid or not (it seems it very much was)

>>3090129
;)

>>3090099
Thought so - but with the way everyone complained about the battery from other sites - figured it may be a consideration.

I may just go the lens route it's nothing really against my camera, it's just that FF and 42 MP and being one of the best sensors you can buy was really enticing - plus i figured with all those specs it'd be one of those cameras you keep around for a long ass time. As i'm not a pro, there's not much need for me to buy the flagship every year, so.

Batis looks really great - If i don't get a new camera i'll probably really consider one of them - what other recommendations do you have for lenses? I'm really thinking sony native and kinda wanna stick with FE - seems like sony's committed to this more now so... but i'm not entirely against getting adapters and using other lenses.
>>
>>3090069
>sonyfag is a gearfags who takes shit photos
>delusional
>dumb enough to consider a loan for a new camera and lenses
not surprising desu
>>
>>3090295
>Full frame is a meme
Explain?

>4K is a meme
I feel like this is very wrong nowadays but i mean w/e. also i'm not too huge on doing the 4k thing, i mean it's a great feature, but honestly, if a camera didn't have it i wouldn't lose any sleep.

>sensors in new cameras are a meme
Maybe? but i mean i thought low light performance was p. great in terms of less noise on higher ISOs (i'm really not a fan of going fucking crazy on those anyway - since i've done film stuff at 400, i usually lock my camera down to that, unless it's nice out then i'll drop it to 100 or if i'm indoors where i go to like 3200 and on the a6000 its kinda shitty

>, can't use your crop lenses
In crop mode you can - and i assume you could in FF mode with the obvious vignetting

>and are locked into some of the worst glass of any platform.
This i agree with, Sony makes p. great cameras, but the only way to get decent glass it seems is to buy Zeiss ones, i think even sigmas are better than sony's basic shit, where as like even some cheaper nikon\canon glass is better.

Also, because i have a couple (like 2 AF, 1 elder-tier) Nikkor lenses - do you think it's worth jumping ship?

>I mean shit, they advertise bokeh over image quality.
desu i think other lenses do bokeh better too?
>>
>>3090295
I have nothing to add, other than that Sony is probably the worst brand to lock into, if you have to pinch pennies from the beginning.

Seriously, for the price of that camera alone, I would get a used D500/D810 (depending on your needs) and 2 awesome lenses on top of it.

Why are you setting yourself up for suffering intentionally?
>>
>>3090304
>Why are you setting yourself up for suffering intentionally?
Honestly i dunno. i mean the compact factor is pretty nice, but maybe i'll just get a real DSLR?

also, is Nikon going to update the D800 series? it's been quite a while iirc.
>>
>>3090308
>Honestly i dunno. i mean the compact factor is pretty nice, but maybe i'll just get a real DSLR?
There's really no reason not to use Nikon or Canon, unless you're buying stuff for some weird gimmick that can't be had on their bodies. It's all about glass, so the "compact factor" becomes a moot point anyway.

>also, is Nikon going to update the D800 series? it's been quite a while iirc.
D850/D820 (?) is going to be announced this month. Main (real) selling point will probably be DX pixel pitch on an FF body and crazy-high iso sensitivity.

Don't even consider buying whatever-it-will-be-called this year though. Instead, wait another month after its announcement, and see the market filled with used/refurbished D810s for cheap. Waiting to pick up another D810 myself. Awesome camera.

I'm not too versed with Canon cameras and lenses, but I'm sure there's some great deals to be had there as well.
>>
>>3090315
Used ones are p. decently priced actually.. but good to know new ones are coming soon - especially for this purpose :)

What do you recommend for nikon lenses
>>
>>3090302
>This i agree with, Sony makes p. great cameras, but the only way to get decent glass it seems is to buy Zeiss ones, i think even sigmas are better than sony's basic shit, where as like even some cheaper nikon\canon glass is better.

Please Anon do you truly believe in this?
I mean.. Sony's ecosystem is not the best at all but the only fault it doesn't have is quality of glass
>>
>>3090356
Good recommendations on a budged are hard to come by, but this guy knows what's up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT1TJLp60S0

I own all these lenses (except the 18-35mm he shows in the beginning, and I own the NIKKOR 135mm f/2.8 instead of the f/3.5) and would recommend them to anyone.

Take the prices with a grain of salt, though, it's definitely not *that* rosy anymore. Especially if you're not in the US.

There's lots of other stuff as well, like the NIKKOR 14-24mm f/2.8G ED which I simply couldn't do without, but that lens alone costs almost as much as all those other lenses combined.
>>
>>3090368
No they were actually shitty up until they started releasing FF lenses.
>>
>>3090299
He gave me a good laugh at least ...
>>
>>3090485
High brow humor

Have you, by chance, tried getting off the internet?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.