[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /p/, I come to you in time of great need. Actually I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Hello /p/, I come to you in time of great need.

Actually I am simply wondering if any of you have experience in photographing pieces of art for the sake of advertising and selling them.

Ive been using the Nikon Coolpix L110 (https://www.cnet.com/products/nikon-coolpix-l110/review/) but the pictures don't always come out nice and crisp and it doesn't look professional enough. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. I joined a pic as an example.

Is it a matter of Mp? I don't think so because 10-12 Mp should be more than enough for small pictures right?

I was looking into this Olympus model perhaps: Olympus PEN E-PM2 16.1 MP (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Olympus-PEN-E-PM2-16-1-MP-Digital-Camera-White-Kit-w-M-Zuiko-Digital-II-14-4-/262962776461)

Anybody has experience with that model or with art pictures in general? How could I make my pics more neat and crisp?

Thank you
>>
>>3089519
Are you shooting on manual
>>
>>3090025
Regardless, OP. Shoot on the lowest ISO. Back that shit up and make sure your horizontals are actually level. Also make sure it is in focus. If it isn't "neat and crisp" you missed focus and/or your ISO is too high.
>>
Lighting is your problem, but buying lights can be complicated and a little pricey considering the camera you're using. The easiest way to get good lighting for free is by placing it near a window. It'll cast a large soft light over your work and make it look much better. Everything beyond that is just exposure triangle stuff. A new camera will let you take photos with less light, but it cant fix poor quality light.
>>
sorry to hijack the thread, but this is relevant:
how much would it cost to hire someone to photograph my physical portfolio for me? Maybe 20-25 pieces. I don't own a digital camera.
>>
>>3090544
If you're in south florida I'll do it for you cheap, otherwise it depends on the quality of the photographer. You'd have to put the ad up, noone specializes in art photography, atleast noone who doesnt literally work with museums.
>>
>>3089519
Give this a read through and tell us if you have any questions.

http://muddycolors.blogspot.com/2012/12/how-to-photograph-your-paintings.html

>>3090544
If you're in school see if you can find someone at vaguely competent. I used to shoot people stuff back in grad school for 10$ a piece. Depending on what it is and what you're going to use it for it will probably set you back a few hundred and up. Depending on your work scanning can be a better option.
>>
>>3089519
Dat Nikon Coolpix L110 be one FIRE piece of gear. You have it ALL going on. Peace.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.