[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Never before has so much fidelity been available in cameras that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 090716-apple-iphone-7-plus-6885.jpg (30KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
090716-apple-iphone-7-plus-6885.jpg
30KB, 770x433px
Never before has so much fidelity been available in cameras that are so small and so inexpensive. Almost all technical barriers to good photography have been removed. Phones have good enough cameras to take credible photos for most purposes. The only discussions that need to be had about photo tech involve what tool is best for a given application. Content is king.

Why are you still shitposting about gear?
>>
>>3088354
>The only discussions that need to be had about photo tech involve what tool is best for a given application.
thats literally gearfagging, dude.

you killed your thread before it even started, 8/8 m8.
>>
File: DSC03177.jpg (3MB, 4132x3264px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03177.jpg
3MB, 4132x3264px
Blah blah blah

The best camera is the one you have with you

Blah blah blah
>>
Still don't understand why people make bait threads they're always so obvious to spot
>>
>>3088358
There's figuring out what will work for what you want to do, and then there's insisting that nothing can work but your toolset, and then attempting to apply that to everything.

>>3088365
Not meant to be a bait thread. It's just that so much of the gear talk and rivalries here seem pointless.
>>
File: 1495046953625.jpg (178KB, 1124x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1495046953625.jpg
178KB, 1124x1080px
>>3088369
>>
>>3088404
no u
>>
>>3088354
>be anon
>spend $800+ on a phone
>camera is still leagues below D-SLRs and mirrorless with larger sensors
>don't want to spend more money on an actual camera
>shitpost about how camera doesn't matter, technical benefits don't matter, all that matters is "getting the shot" even if it cannot be printed above 8x10"
>>
>>3088409
I have a fullframe digital, an APS-C digital, and a bunch of film cameras.The argument isn't that a phone will cover any application (though it will cover most), the argument is that there's so much good gear out there that's all performing on such a high technical level that there's not much point in fighting over any of it.

Especially when you look at the kinds of photos people post in threads here.
>>
>>3088412

digital doesn't even not look like shit yet. it's way too soon to say that we've made it, we're done, the technology is mature and stable. So, yes, there is still plenty of room for preference and discussion, you fucking gearfag.
>>
>>3088426
I'm sorry your digital process sucks. Hope you get better soon.
>>
>>3088354
>$700
>peanut sensor
i can get an apsc with fast prime for less.
>>
>>3088432
Nobody buys a smartphone just for the camera. The point is that you always have this device with you anyway, and it happens to have a totally viable camera in it.

Unless you're a no-smartphone snowflake, anyway.
>>
>>3088431

i'm sorry about your visual illiteracy.
>>
>>3088354
That's why nowadays every single kid is a "photographer". When I started doing photography as a professional back in 1986 it was widely appreciated job, weddings, parties etc. you had to call somebody to come and take pictures of you and your friends
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.