[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shooting without being noticed (tips about not pissing off people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: FB_IMG_1494345256929.jpg (74KB, 700x997px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1494345256929.jpg
74KB, 700x997px
I live in the middle east and want to start shooting some pictures as a hobby but, I cant shoot anything because people are really aggressive toward being photographed (even if you are not photographing them)
also, I unfortunately am going to be shooting with my phone ( Can't afford buying a decent camera right now)

*this is not a rant about people in the middle east being aggressive (I am middle eastern myself) so please don't bring it up*
>>
your best bet is to travel. Middle eastern people are really aggressive and I'd hate to see one of our own beheaded.
>>
>take a selfie stick
>pretend you are taking a selfie
>>
Just don't be an autist with a tele lens and you should be fine. People generally don't like the sound of mirrors flapping, so think about getting a point and shoot like a Leica, Fuji or Ricoh GR if you're poor.
>>
>>3088081
Is it because photography is haram?
>>
>>3088081
kill yourself sand nigger
>>
>>3088277
kek
>>
>>3088081
>aggressive toward being photographed (even if you are not photographing them)
??????

So you want to to be a faggot with a phone taking random pics? You can't earn respect from people for your art if you are just walking around taking a picture with a fucking phone and editing them with some free-to-use app and uploading them to Instagram. What do you want to say with your pictures?
Also, I too get anxious when I see somebody with a phone pointing at me because there is a big chance that you'll end up in somebody's YT channel or snapchat
>>
>>3088081
I live in the southeastern United States and people are the same. I recently went to a flea market and got several dirty looks and one guy even asked me to delete a picture
>>
File: 1481206716430.jpg (405KB, 695x546px) Image search: [Google]
1481206716430.jpg
405KB, 695x546px
>>3088331
View it that way, you don't have the right to take pictures of strangers. Imagine you are going your way minding your own business and some random dude starts taking pictures of you. What would you do? Maybe you don't feel pretty enough maybe you don't want to end up in somebody's insagram. Deal with it, street photography is a soft view over stalking people. You have to ask for permission, strike a little chat with the person, explain him why are you doing this etc. Don't be a little faggot, communicate, be social

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:12:08 09:16:43
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width695
Image Height546
>>
>>3088829
t. no idea what street photography is, but loves bokeh portraits of homeless men
>>
>>3088829
You never tried street photography, did ya?
>>
>>3088829
part of the appeal of street photography is its spontaneity
>>
>>3088081
Happy Ramadan
>>
>>3088829
>you don't have the right to take pictures of strangers

but I do, commie
>>
>>3088829
if someone is that concerned with privacy, they shouldn't go out in public
>>
>>3088829
what the fuck? why are u even visiting /p/ jerk.
>>
>>3088829
I just started street photography to overcome my social autism and anxiety and holy fuck you're retarded.

Anyway since we're talking about how to deal with people, I still have some hard time directly walking towards them and take an obvious pictures, so I take very shitty shots of building instead, I'm so self-conscious I don't even take the time to change the exposure of my shots, they're all terrible, tourist-tier pieces of shit, but I feel better about going out, it's kind of a therapy.

A weird thing I've noticed, besides people acting very differently when I'm around with my camera (a mix of expectations, mistrust and wonder), is that young people, mostly girls and even couples literally comes to me, without asking anything, I guess they want a picture taken but I'm way too much of an autist to take one or even look at them. I'm usually dressed as the cliché young photograph, I was on a huge sidewalk with plenty of room and a girl that could've been a model came walking right next to me, like she was my friend, and stayed at my pace for a good minute or two.

Should I stop being socially retarded? I saw at least a dozen of interesting shots but I was too afraid to take the chance.

This is killing me.
>>
>>3089550
Dress like a tourist, wear the camera like a tourist, people will take you as yet another clueless sheep (aka one of their own). Sit down and have a coffee, tea, while you look around lazily and note down how people act. If you see a scene just one hand your camera and take a quick snap, then continue your beverage/burger/newspaper like nothing happened.
Set the camera to wide angle, f/8, 1/125-1/250s and somewhere between 2-5m focus distance, set it to manual so half press wont shift focus and just take the quick snap. Crop in post later.
>>
>>3089559
Or even better, iso always 800-1600 and 1/250-1/500-1/1000 and even 1/1600 on sunny days, f should stay at around f/8-f/10-f/13.

When you're tired and don't know what to do do go shutter priority, set iso 1600, point the camera to the brightest point and move the shutter speed until the aperture becomes the smallest possible, so you won't end up with too bright shots.

Some cameras allow you to set auto ISO on M mode. Mine doesn't. If it did, I would still shoot S like I said before.

If you'reat least f/5.6 on a 20mm lens everything should already on focus. Focus on your feet or closer. If someone comes very close move the focus ring just a little closer.

That's it
>>
>not shooting wide open at all times
pleb
>>
50mm f1.2 with a speed booster so you get an equivalent of like.. f.75

Then shoot open in the sun at iso 400
>>
>>3089757
>speed booster
nice meme
>>
my approach
>aim the camera at someone
>focus
>wait until the person looks at me
>take the picture
>smile, give thumbs up
>walk away while they glare at me
>>
>>3089766
How is that meme? I feel like everything's a meme on /p/.

>he doesn't shoot color like Sergey Mikhaylovich Prokudin-Gorsky
>using meme color film
>>
>>3090338
not really. but speed memers ARE a meme, because they belong to a meme system that needs a crutch for everything.
>>
File: DSC09587.png (3MB, 999x666px) Image search: [Google]
DSC09587.png
3MB, 999x666px
I recently started using my phone. I hand camera on the belt, at my side. I use my phone ap for aiming and taking a shit - not looking directly at anyone.
>>
>>3090389
still stalking
>>
f8 and be there, faggot.
>>
>>3088081
Check the work of Alair Gomes. 90% of his work are unknown shirtless chads on the brazilian beachs.
>>
>>3089052
>commie

sup isi
>>
>>3088081
>Shooting without being noticed

A suppressor/silencer works wonders.

That or wait about 70 years until we get extremely advanced cyborg eye tech and wear sunglasses and pretend to be deaf.
>>
>>3091453
or use electronic shutter
>>
>>3089550
>I was on a huge sidewalk with plenty of room and a girl that could've been a model came walking right next to me, like she was my friend, and stayed at my pace for a good minute or two.

she was casing you
>>
>>3089559
I did something similar yesterday, but more proactive. I pretended to be a tourist recording video with my compact camera. So I always had my camera in front of me, panning in every direction as if I were recording some personal travel video. Of course, I wasn't recording video, but snapping pictures of people.

It got really tense when I took a picture of someone almost right up to their face pretending they'd just gotten in the way of my video, but from this close you could hear the audible leaf shutter. Since I was shooting at 1/2000 shutter speed I switched to electronic shutter and problem was solved.
>>
>>3090036
This would definitely work on me. People giving me unexpected positive feedback stuns me like a deer in headlights.
>>
Cradle your camera at around waist height. Look like you're just holding it. Make sure it's at a height and angle where you will generally get the shot. Make sure you have a focal length like 35mm or less.

No problems for me so far.
>>
>>3093441
My dad does this with his Fujifilm X100t. He bought it specifically for its solid auto focus for faces and silent shutter - it's made him in the king of street creep shots.
>>
>>3093457
Nice. does he share his shots?
>>
>>3093468
He's only got a private flickr, I'm afraid.
>>
File: browniereflex20.jpg (52KB, 570x456px) Image search: [Google]
browniereflex20.jpg
52KB, 570x456px
>>3093441
Like pic related?
>>
what I've done is learned some phrases in German and just snap shots. I've only had one black dude say something and he was like what are you taking pictures of? so I just goIch verstehe nicht??? and walk away smiling lmao..
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.