[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do these fuckers refuse to finally make a proper mirrorless

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

Why do these fuckers refuse to finally make a proper mirrorless camera that's not retardedly small and can use all that tasty Nikon glass? Don't they want my money?
>>
>>3086049
Because there's no benefit to full frame mirrorless at all
>>
>>3086049
because they don't have the best sensors anymore
any mirrorless camera they introduce is just going to look like sony's retarded yellow brother
>>
>>3086049
Mirrorless requires a shit ton more processing power than a dslr, nikon can't afford to buy sensors off sony and cpus off qualcomm and still be competitive.

Nor can they afford a litho-lab

Bye nikon.
>>
Who would buy one? For what purpose? Video?
That market doesn't exist within their userbase, and Nikon knows it.
>>
why do you need so much a meme less camera? If the answer is your lack of creativity, pls just kill yourself.

People are falling for this bait. Glad Nikon is refusing to do so.
>Nikon is dead

no, it's not. And if you knew something about technology, marketing and even fucking physics, you'd know Nikon it's not dead. Just the market is being pushed to the wrong way with Sony because gear fags with lack of intelectual proprieties want their camera everyday smaller with a huge amounts of AF, DR (implying the DR isn't fake) and FPS.
>>
>>3086056
>best sensors
The D810, to this day, has some of the best dynamic range of any digital camera this side of medium format.

The A9 sensor is basically crap at everything but low light and focusing. It's already being outed for being much softer looking than the A7 counterparts.

And I agree with anon above; why do we NEED Nikon mirrorless? What's wrong with their cameras now?
>>
>>3086170
It's the misconception portrayed by Sony's recent mirrorless success as mirrorless being "the future" of photography. It's just another way of shooting the same digital format, and I think that point get's lost in translation when techheads and photo nerds bump heads.

Sony is making great mirrorless cameras, but it doesn't mean that the mirror is dead. This isn't film vs. digital. This is still digital vs. digital. Get ready for burns.
>>
>>3086058

>being this much of a drama queen
>>
Nikon P 900 you know ?
>>
>>3086170
The D750 has better DR than the D810
>>
>>3086223
Citation needed.
>>
>>3086281
>>3086223

At every ISO except D810's base (but the difference is very minor.
>>
>>3086356
Like I said, some of the best, not the best. But it's 3 years old and still holds up to most cameras, even the A7R II. Even if Nikon doesn't get Sony's "best sensors" anymore, are they even going to need them when they beat Sony's performance with their own tech?
>>
>>3086058
Also cooks eggs like a toaster oven.
>>3086064
Hacks like the two posters above. I do agree that the majority of Nikon's user base is disinterested in them.
>>3086170
Exactly.
>>3086171
It is more like the hype that Sony's advertising department. They have to make owning what is basically a large P&S camera sound cool, and cutting edge. When the reality is that it is just improved old tech.
>>3086370
> Even if Nikon doesn't get Sony's "best sensors" anymore
Oh Nikon will get Sony's best sensors because of agreements, and Sony needs Nikon's money. Besides they are not competitors in the real world. Nikon is going after the upper end of the market of professionals, and dedicated imaging amateurs. Sony is going after the soccer mom, and casual shooters who want to look trendy in public.
>>
File: nikon_in_trouble.jpg (84KB, 616x436px) Image search: [Google]
nikon_in_trouble.jpg
84KB, 616x436px
>>3086049
>Why do these fuckers refuse to finally make a proper
http://www.sankeibiz.jp/business/news/170527/bsb1705271741004-n1.htm
Nikon is about to be banned from selling cameras.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trade-cameras-idUSKBN18M21B
>The U.S. International Trade Commission said on Friday it has launched a patent infringement investigation of certain Nikon digital cameras, software and components based upon a complaint launched by Carl Zeiss AG and ASML Netherlands B.V.
Because Nikon is a Dead man walking. They got cocky and sued ASML/Zeiss, without realising ASML is best-friends-foreverâ„¢ with American tech giants like IBM and Intel.

Now the American government with put its cock inside Nikon's bum hole and anal rape them until they give up.
>>
>>3086479

>I don't know how the world works
>>
>>3086494
The world works on money, little jim. And your camera is out of money, yet somehow trying to piss off other tech giants.
>>
>>3086054
But they can sell you the same camera with 3 flavors 2 times and then make a chunky "pro" model of the "pro" models
>>
>>3086479
>ASML
They are BFFs with every chip maker in the whole world since they are the only ones with the the tech prowess and patents continue making the latest chip-making machines. Nikon is an ant that poked a lion.
>>
>>3086505
Seriously dude, this is fucking nothing. Retaliatory lawsuits are just a legal uh-uh.
>>
>>3086171
Sonys SLT cameras are better than the mirrorless shit they make and everyone ignores them. Great A mount lenses and they do fairly decent with noise too. Mirrorless is a meme until someone other than Sony and Leica do FF mirrorless.
>>
>>3086515
You just threw the full-frame requirement in there so that Fuji's cameras wouldn't count.
>>
>>3086512
>They are BFFs with every chip maker in the whole world
Yup. It works like this:
ASML asks Intel and TSMC for money to develop new machines -> They get money

Nikon is fucked.
>>
File: .png (136KB, 618x796px) Image search: [Google]
.png
136KB, 618x796px
>>3086515
No fuck SLT. I'd rather Sony kept a DSLR line with A900's huge viewfinder. Fucking Niggon still hasn't caught up
>>
>>3086514
Oh please. Explain why the Federal Trade Commission is working on blocking Nikon products, but not ASML products or Zeiss products?

Go on... Let me know if you need more hints.
>>
>>3086525
All conjecture, nothing will come of it.
>>
>>3086521
If I didn't I'd also have to include every interchangeable mirrorless brand known to man... Also more prouse is limited to the FF cameras hence why we don't see a 7D level mirrorless sony camera
>>
>>3086530
Canon at least is close with DP-PDAF on their mirrorless lines. Just need to improve the processor and up the burst rate. The current M line is a perfect B-cam for Canon shooters.
>>
>>3086525

>investigation
>working on blocking products

K, bud. I'll show you my D6 when I buy it.
>>
>>3086533
The M5 is a great start and canon/nikon always takes it time with new things too.
>>
>>3086534
I'll give you one more hint. All the big boys have direct hotline to the president.

That's how Microsoft got the FTC off its back in the past.
>>
File: 1376785883307.jpg (47KB, 426x341px) Image search: [Google]
1376785883307.jpg
47KB, 426x341px
>>3086529
>That feel when you realize Nikon was messing with forces that are beyond its comprehension
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.