[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best system for archiving? Right now I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: shit-tier.png (27KB, 536x458px) Image search: [Google]
shit-tier.png
27KB, 536x458px
What's the best system for archiving? Right now I'm doing YYMMDD and a small description
>>
>>3084923
Don't be a digicuck and file negs.
>>
>Pics folder
>Year Folder
>Maybe month folder
>YY-MM-DD description folder
>>
>>3084989
This, but don't make month folders.

Even if you shoot every day, that's still just 365 sub-folders per year folder which isn't too much.
Splitting it into months makes it a nightmare to find stuff again because you never remember months only years.
>>
>stand up to racism folder
lmfao
>>
>>3084923
Usually you're actually constrained by what your (RAW based) editing workflow demands and provides, you generally arrange by that exactly.

But generally? Automatically added/generated metadata. Plus tags and other user input. All managed as an almost entirely automated replication / verification / storage / retrieval system.

Most of the modern ones aren't designed to have fuck all importance on file names and do not really care about folders - usually pieces of data are identified by hashes.
>>
File: wew.png (549KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
549KB, 1366x768px
>>3085041
wasn't gonna pass up on an event with 30k+ libtards

Only ever used metadata for stockshit, might try that and use Lr? Other than that probably keep it in years with YYMMDD subs
>>
>Photos
>Film or digital folder
>(35mm and 120 titled folders for film scans)
>YY-MM-DD
>Folder inside the YY-MM-DD folder for the edited pictures
>>
>>3085053
>Only ever used metadata for stockshit, might try that and use Lr?
That's literally the best reason to use Lr. Keywording makes everything so much easier to deal with and find later on, especially if you take the time to get decently granular.
>>
>>3084923
How about you use lighroom like a normal person lmao
>>
i put name of film and a qualifier
ie.
>HP5 BETHS GAPING ASS
>160VC VISIT TO THE ZOO
>400H ROLLEI TEST

also big ass folders because im literally illiterate, i react more quickly to the colors of the photos inside.
>>
If I go changing folder structures won't that fuck up lightroom? Do you just have to remove everything and re-import after?
>>
File: 1495443818635.jpg (463KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1495443818635.jpg
463KB, 600x450px
On my computer everything is by date in a folder for the day it was shot. In bridge stuff is tagged and searchable. I also keep a lot of finished stuff pre-sized for web organized in another series folder by genre and date, eg mantis portraits, landscapes from Nebraska, landscapes from California, etc. All the file names are by date and shot number making it exceedingly easy to go pull the psd or tiff for printing.

The web folder is important. I keep all of it on my phone so if needed I can show it on the spot and not have to direct someone to my website or gallery. It also makes sharing on the web fast and easy. More importantly, I can flip through the work when I'm bored and look at it. It's not as good as prints on the wall but it's free and always available.
>>
i just let lightroom default do it for me
>>
>>3085106
I'm not op but fuck your dumb lazy ass
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.