[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

im saving up for a starter a camera and I was wondering what's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: 600055000.jpg (1MB, 4032x1796px) Image search: [Google]
600055000.jpg
1MB, 4032x1796px
im saving up for a starter a camera and I was wondering what's a good camera to purchase? I was deciding between the Sony A6000 or Nikon D5500. Can anyone tell me the advantages/disadvantages of each camera compared to one another? I mainly do landscape & urban photography but i wanna get into portrait/video work
>>
File: e523fded5b459b9e23329c13446487df.png (134KB, 1000x893px) Image search: [Google]
e523fded5b459b9e23329c13446487df.png
134KB, 1000x893px
The gear thread.

Also a used D7100 is a much better camera than the D5500, costs less, and is a better match for the A6000 since it brings a weather sealed body, pentaprism viewfinder, and the ability to fully use cheap screwdrive lenses.
If you mainly do urbex and landscapes, the D7100 will be better since it's a more rugged body and you can get some nice wide angles for it, but the A6000 will wipe the floor with the D7100 in terms of video.
>>
go with the nikon. cheaper, better lens selection, better ergonomics, better real world performance. the a6000 has a better sensor, but if you're forced to push your iso into dangerous territory to get a shot its going to be shit anyway. the a6000 is also significantly better for video, but i believe most people in your situation find out that learning still photography is challenging enough, and never end up using their beginner dslr to shoot anything.
>>
File: IMG_0623.jpg (61KB, 599x389px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0623.jpg
61KB, 599x389px
>>3084356
>snapsort

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width599
Image Height389
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>3084354
I'd prefer an A6x00, it's just better overall.

The good primes are also often cheaper than on Nikon (as are shitty primes if you count MF adapted ones).

If you want a Nikon, get a D7200. It's far more decent than a D5500, and as compared to the E-mount, Nikon F (DX) does have a better lineup of zoom lenses.
>>
>>3084354
used d7100 > new d5500, just sayan and they are about the same price
>>
>>3084354
I had this exact same predicament. Ended up going with D5500 and I love it. The Sony has limited lenses but is more compact.
With the Sony you'll take pictures.
With the Nikon you'll do photography.
>>
>>3084387
for video and landscapes that articulating screen is worth its weight in gold, I would mach rather have the 5500 than the 7100 for this reason alone
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.