[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want more people to see my pictures that I post on Instagram

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

I want more people to see my pictures that I post on Instagram but I feel like a pretentious cunt if I use hashtags and I'd feel even more pretentious if I make a separate photography Insta, especially since I'm still pretty shit at photography, so I just post the pictures on my personal Instagram.

What hashtags do you people use for people to see your photos? Are there any hashtags you can use so people can give you constructive criticism or anything like that? Do I just have autism?
>>
see pictures similar to yours of successful instagramers or high followers, and copy the tags they use if they use a lot.
>>
>>3079579

Either nut up and start tagging, or just engage more. If you follow accounts you like, make comments on posts, etc etc, then people will see your shit more.

I know that most of the people I follow I found by clicking on comments I found funny/interestin and checking out their profile
>>
>>3079583
That's the thing, I don't really want to come across like I'm some sort of super duper pro photographer if I'm shit but I assume that's a pretty silly thing to worry about.

I think I'll just make a separate account for photography and go nuts with hashtags and engaging people and stuff and don't care if I look like a tool, and just tag that account when I post pictures on my normal account so that people I actually know IRL who want to see more of that stuff can follow me there.
>>
>>3079604
Just fake it till you make it. I mix my snapshits with 5 to 10 tags between my personal stuff and stupid phone pics and while I don't attract a fuckton of traffic and random followers it's fun to show off to normies.
>>
File: 1495168756070.jpg (52KB, 480x464px) Image search: [Google]
1495168756070.jpg
52KB, 480x464px
>>3079604
It's not looking like a tool. It's how you build a base of followers before you can stop using tags and just have enough followers to be your tags to other viewers. If you're feeling sissy shit about posting your mediocre bullshit pictures, then fuck off instagram. Throw your camera in the trashcan because you sound like a pretentious cunt as is if you think people will think you're a "super duper pro". What a faggot.
>>
>>3079583
Do NOT do this. Big instagrammers can use big hash tags and get noticed, you will not because you have no following. I'm on mobile right now, but I'll write up a guide when I get home in an hour
>>
>>3079579
Make a separate insta with hashtags and when you get better make a new one and deny the existence of the old one.
>>
if you don't want to play the instagram game then why bother trying? and even if you take godlike photos consistently you're still going to lose out to selfies of hot chicks
>>
>>3079579
>I feel like a pretentious cunt if I use hashtags
hashtags exist for exactly this reason, to share your photos with a wider audience. fucking use them or stop complaining.
>>
>>3079607
OK I feel like a retard but I don't understand why this image is a meme. What is that green thing they are posing in front of?
>>
>>3080039
To me it looks like some kind of contractor work and the kids are being silly/fucking it up. I don't know though, I'm pretty retarded
>>
>>3080039
>>3080070
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q20-DBAmm2E
>>
>>3079579
OP, I just wrote up this guide with you specifically in mind. Read it, and enjoy. Fuck the people that are butthurt about hashtags

>>3080084
>>
>>3080138
if they were only standing there for this Land Survey Thingy, then why are there these photos of them standing in front of those land survey thingies
>>
>>3080139
Thanks, looks like I just need to stop being a downie and just start using hashtags, and focus on the less popular tags
>>
>>3079579
You have come to the right place. This board is full of pretentious cunts.
>>
>>3080039
It's called Total station(civil surveying machine)
>>
File: spxxkxrbvx1.png (585KB, 605x639px) Image search: [Google]
spxxkxrbvx1.png
585KB, 605x639px
@spxxkxrbvx

pls comment like and follow
>>
Just fucking use hashtags, there isn't any other way to compete with the millions of IG posts made per day.
>>
>>3080152
>Kids line up in front of something they think is a camera
>Have a giggle
>Pull out phone and take a picture
>>
>>3080152
>I'm a tad bit retarded
>>
>>3079694
I'm waiting cunt
>>
>>3084170
Woops just saw it sorry
>>
>>3079579
I always use #amateurphotography
I don't really care about having new followers, just want the people I already know to see my photos
>>
Just fuckin swallow your pride and do it. Put them in a separate paragraph and hit enter a few times so they don't show unless you hit "more".

I've done a lot of shit I felt dirty doing at one point but I'm also never fucking going back to 13 like a picture. Hell no.
>>
Don't do hashtags. Fucks up your algorithm and guarantees less views in discovery. What you wanna do is just engage. Like people's shit, go to discover and like the shit that you like. Follow people if you wanna see more of that shit. Hashtags don't do shit. I'm big on IG and never used a single hashtag in my life. Have started a fresh account from 0, not even friends know about it. Just start liking shit, follow people that are in common with you, sooner or later you will develop this 'circle' and IG algorithim will work in your favour, and you get noticed more.
>>
>>3084968
You don't say? How do you know hashtags get you fewer views in discover?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.