[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is a career in photography still an option /p/? Or are they just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6328.png (174KB, 416x354px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6328.png
174KB, 416x354px
Is a career in photography still an option /p/?
Or are they just earning through those workshops?

Planning to buy pic related and make a living as a pro photog.
>>
Vanity industries will always want photographers, if you can stand to do that shit day in day out
>>
>>3078747
What do you mean by Vanity industries?
>>
>>3078745

dont buy shit.

go look for job as a photo/studio assistant.. learn and start from the bottom. You can borrow the studio and learn your craft and also learn from the photographers who you are assisting, they can give you advice and tips on lighting and composition an such. If they trust you, you dont have to buy gear.. you can even borrow your equipment for your own leisure.
>>
>>3078753
>job as a photo assistant

Those guys are like earning below minimum wage here.
>>
>>3078745
You think you're going to buy a consumer dx and a mid-range kit lens and "make a living" as a pro photog, with presumably no portfolio and no experience? GL with that
>>
>>3078756
It's cool man, yesterday I bought a yamaha guitar because I'm going to be a successful musician next year.
>>
>>3078756
I've been shooting weddings and events before (back in 2012-15) with my d90 camera.

Now I want to get back in the game.
For the record I've been shooting film lately with a Nikon F90x and bunch of nikkor Proime AI/AIs lenses
My only autofocus lens is Tokina 11-16mm f2.8
>>
>>3078755

its better than buying shitty camera and claiming you are a "pro"

if you are passionate about having a photo career then you gotta do with some sacrifices. Its not all buy camera, shoot shit, get shooting gig because there are some shit you can never learn on your own or on the internet but better to learn in a studio with a veteran photographer in different situation. I mean you dont have to be working at one studio for 10 years.. but learning from the pro-photographer can jumpstart you faster than buying a camera and trying to sell your service with shitty pictures.
>>
You can if you don't mind getting blown up.
My transfer to Combat Camera just got approved, so wheee.
>>
>>3078758
Please tell me about d90?
Picture quality? Other functions?
And is it still okay in 2017 for photos?
Because I'm poor student and some guy is selling me that camera for 150$.
>>
>>3078757
I bought a webcam and now I'm going to be a partner on twitch
>>
>>3078765
My m4/3 has better low light capabilities. But if it comes with a noice proime lens like a 35mm f1.8 or a 50mm f1.8 then it will take quality photos.
>>
>>3078759
There's no reason you can't get an entry-level kit and freelance at the same time as shadowing pros. That's what I did (doing mainly video which is much more difficult to get into) and I went full-time freelance within a year.
>>
>>3078750
Fashion, cosmetics, 'lifestyle' accessories and shit like that
>>
>>3078745
Unless you're trying to be an "artist", you need social skills to be a photographer.
>>
>>3078823
Underrated.
Most successful photogs I know are super people persons that get along with most.
>>
>>3078759
no, old man. get over it. you're a dinosaur and nobody wants to be your assistant to learn your redundant calendar quotes. times have changed and due to new knowledge bases a half-retarded ape can learn more in a week from actual pros all over the world, than he could learn from you in 10 years. ok? go feed pidgins.
>>
>>3078765
The nice thing about cameras is that although they are technology, they don't become "dated" in the same way computers do. If a camera takes good pictures now, you can be sure it'll take good quality pictures a decade from now at least.

I wouldn't bother with a D90 though, it is a bit dated. Get a used D7000 if you're on a budget.
>>
>>3078745
You dont just become a pro photographer. You start with what you have because you find it fun and enjoyable and at some point someone will see your work and want to pay you to take pictures for them.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.