[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone ever tried to get into a factory/refinery/business

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: factori.jpg (171KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
factori.jpg
171KB, 600x800px
Has anyone ever tried to get into a factory/refinery/business with lots of machinery before?

I'm an amateur still but it fascinates me seeing obviously the difference between man and machine and I'd like to have the chance to go into some of these places.

Anyone with experience or advice? I imagine emailing would be a way to go.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
>>
>>3076410
You need to contact the PR departments of the companies whose factories you want to shoot. I always found it was best to phone the switchboard first. Your intro would be something like this:

"Hello, my name is Drippy McFaggot. I'd like to speak to someone in your Public Relations department with regard to setting up a photo shoot in your thingumyjig making factory. Could you tell me who the best person to speak to is?"

When you get put through you will need a good explanation of why you want to take photos of their thingumyjigs.
>>
>>3076410
>>3076419
If you are young enough you can just lie and say it's for a school project. People usually buy that since they feel like they are helping you with homework and fell bad if they say no.

If you are older say either you are a big fan of what they make and would love to take some pictures, and/or you have a blog/website where you want to post pictures of it.
>>
>>3076419
>>3076424

Oh great this helps a lot, after seeing a lot of the italian neorealists shoot factories I couldn't help but be fascinated at the attempt to do the same when i got my own camera.

I'm 22 so maybe I can slide by the school angle.

Thanks for the advice, it'll be great to start shooting thingymuhjiugs.
>>
I'm a miner and work in the mill side of the site, and I would absolutely love to take pictures all over the site, but alas, photography is a huge no-no, and I suspect that is standard practice for most sites like that.
>>
Literally no one is going to let you, some retard off the street, just wander onto an industrial site and take pictures of their potentially proprietary practices/shoddy standards/hazardous work environment/whatever else. The last thing they need is some gawky 22 year old moron sucked into some gears and gumming up the works.
>>
>>3076789
>>3076818

Ya I've been emailing and calling places all day.No leads yet, I get what both of you are saying, which is one of the reasons I asked considering there's some adventurous people here.
>>
>>3076410
Petrofag here.

So if I got that question, my first question to you is what safety certifications do you have? I'm not letting you past the gate if you don't have

OSHA 10
Safeland/PEC
H2S
Operating company's safety orientation

And even then, I'm not going to let you wander around without having an experienced hand following you around making sure you don't blow yourself/anyone else up/to shove that camera up your ass when you try to enter into a Class 1 Div 1 area with it.

You'd also need to show up with safety toe boots, full FRs, a hardhat and safety glasses.
>>
>>3076822
Keep plugging away anon, eventually someone will say okay.

The main problem you have is that a lot of people can't be bothered to take time out of their busy day to help you out. There is, after all, nothing in it for them yet they will need to provide you with a chaperone all the time you are on site

I shot in dozens factories and construction sites in my time but I was representing a business magazine which was generating publicity. I'd suggest you start with smaller engineering companies, woodyards and printers, etc rather than nuclear power stations. Why not try your local newspaper press see if you can shoot their machines.

One thing I can assure you of is that any safety equipment you need will be provided for you. These places have visitors all the time for one reason or another.

If you can build up a good enough portfolio you should be able to find work doing industrial and construction photography.
>>
I've only been to one and it was in korea. my pictures of it sucked. so theres my story.
>>
>>3077071
>One thing I can assure you of is that any safety equipment you need will be provided for you. These places have visitors all the time for one reason or another.
A hardhat and safety glasses are all you can count on (and even that can be questionable).
>>
>>3076838
Random anon here, I'd be easier if you had experience in this field and brought it up to someone to do pr stuff desu. I work in a trades area and I bet if I was on a site and I asked to take photos of nonsensitive stuff they'd be fine with it. I take lots of photos while I'm at work but I'm not working on industrial or commercial sites much anymore.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.