[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How often do you just go out on your own, an hour or two awa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

File: Hong Kong (214).jpg (476KB, 1000x676px) Image search: [Google]
Hong Kong (214).jpg
476KB, 1000x676px
How often do you just go out on your own, an hour or two away, just to take photos by yourself for fun because no one wants to come with you?

inb4 OP is beta. I am.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera Softwarepaint.net 4.0.12
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution96 dpi
Vertical Resolution96 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1000
Image Height676
>>
Its even worse when i find the perfect shoot, and im with friends that doesnt want me to take the photo
>>
File: IMG_0962-2.jpg (825KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0962-2.jpg
825KB, 1000x667px
For work i cover a radius of about 120 miles. Often times i have a lot of travel and downtime due to the nature of the trade. I bring my camera everywhere and often i will be able to kill time in any random town wandering around by myself... getting paid to do my hobby.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 5D Mark III
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.10 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.0
Horizontal Resolution70 dpi
Vertical Resolution70 dpi
Image Created2017:05:14 13:03:40
Exposure Time1/160 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length105.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>3076262
>How often do you just go out on your own, an hour or two away, just to take photos by yourself for fun because no one wants to come with you?

thats literally how it is, you dumbass. photo is a solitary endeavor. only normies with a camera do the pack thing, which teaches you nothing.
>>
>>3076270

do you travel significant distance for photography on your own?
>>
Every couple days or so. I'd much rather do it alone as I feel like it would just be annoying to drag someone around with me
>>
>>3076271
sometimes yeah. sometimes i just walk for hours picking shit i like. other times i carry a camera while im running errands.
>>
File: IMG_-9gc3gv.jpg (117KB, 1023x682px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_-9gc3gv.jpg
117KB, 1023x682px
Most of the time this describes me. Then again, I've got wanderlust.

Image Width1023
Image Height682
Light SourceUnknown
>>
>>3076262
This is the only way I shoot. I do it once or twice a week, I walk 2 to 4 hours as far as I can walk. Or I will take public transportation to a farther location and then walk around there 2 to 4 hours. I've never done a photowalk with anybody else, ever.
>>
>>3076279

i wander when you're going to kill yourself my man
>>
File: IMG_-i7rsar.jpg (157KB, 768x1152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_-i7rsar.jpg
157KB, 768x1152px
>>3076292
Tomorrow? Nah, I've got that thing tomorrow. Maybe Tuesday?

Image Width768
Image Height1152
Light SourceUnknown
>>
>>3076262
If I'm doing late night long exposures I'll bring a pal and we'll drink, but everything else I do alone
>>
>>3076262
If I'm photoing, I prefer not to have anyone with me. I feel like I'm boring them which in turn distracts me.

Photography is very much a solitary pursuit for me.
>>
File: p.jpg (5KB, 301x167px) Image search: [Google]
p.jpg
5KB, 301x167px
>>3076262
I do my life alone, so as photography.
>>
Hardest thing is finding the time to shoot when you work Monday to Saturday 7am to 6pm.
>>
>>3077570

>being a literal slave

might as well just kill yourself my man.

and I know you're going to come at me with the whole "WHY DON'T YOU TRY GETTING A REAL JOB SOME TIME KIDDO AT LEAST I'M PULLING SIX FIGURES" puffed-up-chest act. don't bother.
>>
>>3077571

no you fucker. i slave away for barely break 50k. is a lot worse than you think
>>
>>3077570
drive a truck and get the weekends off m8
>>
>>3077573

quit your job then.
>>
>>3077575

paycheck to paycheck right now with no emergency fund. not skilled enough to find a job with better pay/less hours.

>>3077574
honestly if i drive a truck i'd probably get to shoot a lot of cool sceneries
>>
>>3076268
I remember this picture. It was in a rate my picture thread from a while back. I'm glad my crop suggestion worked out for you.
>>
>>3077571
Stop telling other people how to live their life
>>
>>3076262
Whenever I get the opportunity. But in my case it is thousands of miles and for weeks at a time
>>
>>3077571
You are a very sick person. Maybe you should start looking for some help. I hope that you will find professional help soon.
>>
>>3076262
I wander for hours (we are talking up to 12 or more sometimes) by car or foot, scouting for good light or locations so I can make sort of a mental index for when there is a certain type of weather or time of year. I go alone because I can focus better. If people were with me they would complain about being hungry or tired or needing to go home etc...so I usually go alone. Some people even ask to join but I make it clear that I could be out for a while. They whether get turned off or say they'll still go but want to bring their own car.

I don't blame them since being out for hours on end in a remote location when hunger strikes or nature calls isn't really that pleasant. I sacrifice feeling comfy sometimes for the shot and it's worth it to me. Would rather enjoy myself alone than be in company and not have as much fun. I guess that's selfish bit whatever.
>>
>>3077735

Wow, you must be really dedicated! You sure are painting quite a strong image of a generic outdoorsman... I think I just wet myself in awe.

How can I be as cool as you? Can you teach me?
>>
>>3077735

>i am hardcore
>u can't handle my walks
>i go it alone
>i am pro
>artist
>anything for the shot
>survivorman

You couldn't be more of a millennial cringe of you tried, trying to paint this image of yourself, especially as an anon.

I bet your snapshits are laughable, too. But please, tell me about your gear.
>>
>>3077571

said the poorfag who lives with his mum acting all "alpha as fuck" who needs a job

hope you at least freelance instead of being a worthless piece of shit
>>
>>3076267
Fuck your friends then just take the photo
>>
>>3076262
i dont get why people go out in a group to photograph.. unless its some workshop.

i'll walk when the sun is good usually morning or evening when the sun is good and a lot of casting shadows. i'll do at least 2 to 5 hours. Cant force myself to go more than 5 hours or my photos will look forced..
>>
>>3077746

Yeah, but are your walks so hardcore they turn people off?

I think you underestimate my walks... when I explain them to people, they run away in fear... but like I always say,

>anything for the shot
>>
>>3077748

i guess it depends on where you live? Jesus i cant get a decent shot most of the time because the weather is so unpredictable and the people are always on their fucking phone.

Wish i can go for hours though but like i say my photos might look forced.
>>
>>3076262
Taking pictures is my alone time, it really isn't something that lends itself to being a group activity. (Although it is great as something to do with someone you've got a crush on and want to get to know better before asking them out proper.)
>>
>>3077738
>>3077741
So butthurt.

Nobody's trying for an image here. It's true that most people don't join me because it doesn't sound fun or they don't want to be out that late. A lot of them actually have obligations so I completely understand them not wanting to be out for hours like that, vs me a young single guy with a lot of free time to enjoy his hobby.
>>
>>3076282
same, but less frequent
>>
>>3077771

>backpedaling
>>
>>3077802
It's really not. Sorry for your poor reading comprehension.
>>
>>3077810

Before you were Bear Grylls. Now you're a nice guy out for a stroll because you have more fwee time than your other normie friends.
>>
>>3077901
You really need to read the post again. At no point did I say anything about being a rugged outdoorsman. I even included the fact that I use a car, which should be an indicator of how "sheltered" many of my outings are. When I say remote areas I mean small towns away from interstates that don't necessarily have a 24/7 gas station or supermarket to go take a leak or grab a bit to eat.

I'm not kidding that being in the middle of nowhere with no place to pee or grab food is kind of frustrating. It's not fun and when you're at the mercy of the weather or whatever else you're waiting on to happen, the temptation is there to go grab a bite or just call it a day.
>>
File: 14679026603.jpg (14KB, 388x500px) Image search: [Google]
14679026603.jpg
14KB, 388x500px
>>3077735
>>3077771
>>
>>3078059
Epic. What's it like never leaving your house?
>>
I love reading your opinions and shit. You guys write well and are fascinating. But why the fuck must you cut each other up at every turn. It's fucking depressing.

It's bad enough you guys shit on every pixel anyone dare upload, but then you dissect every sentence every anon uploads just to put them down.

Fuck, after getting a good laugh at the gear faggotry I should make an effort to log off. It's fucking depressing...
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.