[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /p/ first time poster here. I bought a Sony A6000 and looking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

hey /p/ first time poster here.
I bought a Sony A6000 and looking to get into Boudoir photography.
I will start by shooting my gf and later her hot friends.

The question is what lens do I need for this type of application.
I was thinking about the Sigma 30mm f 1.4 art
please advise
>>
post your girlfriend first, then we can help you about what gear you should buy by her body standards.
>>
>>3074873
https://www.amazon.de/Sigma-Objektiv-Filtergewinde-Sony-E-Objektivbajonett/dp/B01C3SCKI6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494609052&sr=8-1&keywords=Sigma+30mm+f%2F1.4+DC+DN

this one
>>
It depends on the size of the shooting space. If you have enough room to stand back, a 50-135mm zoom will be a lot better at 2.8 than a 30 at 1.4. If you shoot outdoors and can go 70-200 or even 300mm 2.8, even better. You want subject isolation AND depth of field, not just depth of field or you'll end up with just one eyelash in focus with a meme 50mm or 85mm 1.4.
>>
>>3074873
Should be fine. A normal prime is a good all-around perspective for that type of work. I use a 50mm on FF for boudoir and erotic work. 1.4 should be good for avoiding having too much detail in the picture, or at least keeping the focus on the details you care about.

You could also pick up a manual 35/2 lens and adapt it. If you want modern, glossy boudoir, then a modern, sharp, contrasty lens stopped down is good. If you want a more dreamy atmosphere, shoot a modern lens wide open or use an older lens.

Will you be shooting in studio or in everyday surroundings?
>>
>>3074881
at first in my apartment using a Ikea Led desk lamp with the Mckinnon diy ghetto mod
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHi35Q__WeY
so I guess I could say "studio"
>>
>>3074873
they will laugh at your tiny little thing.
should have went with a rabal t7i with grip.
>>
>>3074886
That seems like kind of a small light source, mainly good for waist-up portraits and headshots. You'd be getting pretty close with the 30mm if you went with that. How's the window light in your place?

>>3074887
Small cameras are less threatening.
>>
>>3074879
oh yeah, I read that focusing eyes is a bitch on those.
so in Sonyger terms what zoom lens does that at 2.8
most of them are 3.5 and above
>>
File: jl.jpg (501KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
jl.jpg
501KB, 1000x667px
>>3074889
decent window light. Wanna catch dem rays

>>3074887
Don't talk to me or my wife's camera ever again

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.1.1 (Macintosh)
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2015:09:08 00:05:49
>>
>>3074890
Fellow Sony user here. It doesn't look like there's an f/2.8 zoom in APS-C E-mount.
>>
I just bought an a6000 as well, had a 1.4 50mm fd lens I slapped on it too. This is a pretty good portrait setup, right? Am I kidding myself here thinking I'll be able to nail focus nearly as well as an AF lens??
>>
>>3074890
>>3074892
It doesn't really matter if it's apsc. Honestly he'd be better off with a full frame, incase he ends up going FF in the future, I think as long as his lens is like 30-50mm, he should be good
>>
>>3074899
If you turn on focus peaking and you practice with it, you should be just fine.
>>
>>3074873
You know that the lens and camera are less than half the equation in what you're planning on doing, I hope.
>>
>>3074909
This. Look at lots and lots and lots of photos. Find photographers whose work you admire, analyze it, and emulate it. Use that to figure out what you like to do and develop your own style.
>>
Isn't the a6000 really old? Why didn't you get a newer camera?
>>
>>3074918
Anything from its sensor generation is fine, unless you're shooting at midnight or need 4K video.
>>
>>3074918
I dont need 4k
>>
File: JASOOOOOOOOOOOOON.gif (188KB, 1878x974px) Image search: [Google]
JASOOOOOOOOOOOOON.gif
188KB, 1878x974px
>>3074902
>Look up "Focus peaking explained" on YouTube
>Click on the first video without really looking
>Video Starts
>Start shaking uncontrollably
>Feel my body sweating
>My hand moves on its own entranced by this voice
>I'm already ordering several Sony products
Jesus fuck you literally can't escape this walking meme, even when you're not on 4chan.
>>
>>3074923
I don't know when this guy showed up, and /p/ is the first I've heard of him, but I'm sure glad I avoided him when I was first getting into the Sony system.
>>
>>3074873
Depends entirely on where you get to shoot. If you don't have enough room to back up to minimum focus distance, then well, it doesn't matter how sharp, how amazing the color rendition of a lens is.

I generally use a 24-70mm 2.8, 85mm 1.8, or 105mm. I also tend to shoot boudoir in smaller places.
>>
>>3074920
This might seem like a really dumb question but what's the difference between sensors when it comes to picture quality?

Like if you had an a6000 and an a6300 with the same lenses and took the picture of the same tree would the a6300 look better because it's newer? I don't know about cameras
>>
>>3075000
To be honest, you probably won't notice a huge difference. For your first camera, you should really be aiming for something that is pretty tough and cheap. Even though I'm a major sony fag, I still recommend the canon t3i for first cameras. I've had one for a LONG time and still kicks ass. I do have an a7r and a6300, so it's really saying a lot saying you should get that camera. With that being said, canon and nikon aren't looking too healthy lately in terms of what their future prospects are looking like, and sony is the one coming out with a lot of the new tech and is getting huge attention from 3rd party companies.
>>
>>3075000
It can affect dynamic range and low-light (high ISO) noise most noticeably. Different cameras can have different color responses, but that's a combination of sensor and firmware. Comparing those two on DXOMark, the ratings are only barely different. You will likely see a bigger difference between different lenses on the same camera than you would between those cameras.

https://www.dxomark.com/Cameras/Compare/Side-by-side/Sony-A6300-versus-Sony-A6000___1072_942
>>
>>3074873
sigma art lenses have no significant difference against the regular version iirc
>>
>>3075100
build quality
>>
File: 1447724124288.jpg (50KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1447724124288.jpg
50KB, 500x375px
>>3074873
>hey /p/ first time poster here.
>I bought a Sony A6000 and looking to get into Boudoir photography.
>I will start by shooting my gf and later her hot friends.
>The question is what lens do I need for this type of application.
>I was thinking about the Sigma 30mm f 1.4 art
>please advise
>>
>>3074873
best advice is to learn actual photography instead of just snapping tits and ass
>>
File: IMG_5421.jpg (123KB, 700x533px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5421.jpg
123KB, 700x533px
I got the perfect and cheapest solution for you my friend!

If you don't want to spend money on decent lighting, just invite you wife's friends over, and snap some quick pics with you phone. Bust a nut and move on faggot.

You're welcome

Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width700
Image Height533
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
File: IMG_5422.jpg (63KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5422.jpg
63KB, 450x600px
>I bought a Sony A6000 and looking to get into Boudoir photography.
>I will start by shooting my gf and later her hot friends.
>The question is what lens do I need for this type of application.

Camera SoftwareGoogle
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width450
Image Height600
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
oh look, the friday night crowd is here

great posts lads, adding a lot of value there
>>
>>3075144
are you implying this is me ?
>>
>>3074875
This

Post tits then we decide
>>
>>3074891
>my wife's camera
LMAO
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.