[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you people carry your gear when you're out shooting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

File: bestworstgear.jpg (257KB, 1600x840px) Image search: [Google]
bestworstgear.jpg
257KB, 1600x840px
How do you people carry your gear when you're out shooting? It doesn't feel like there's one solution to rule them all and changing lenses is always a pain in the ass.

Right now I don't really have a lot of gear so I'm thinking about replacing the neck strap that came with my camera for a wrist strap and keep carrying my gear in my backpack, but accessing the gear is a hassle unless you're using a photography backpack or slingbag or whatever.

Do you just stick to using one versatile lens when you're out shooting, or what?
>>
>>3074686

>changing lenses
>not just using a 18-200 superzoom

Not like most people can tell the difference.
>>
File: f2.jpg (504KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
f2.jpg
504KB, 1000x667px
I use a shoulder bag (domke f2) because it usually fits all I need for a day out shooting without allowing a too huge amount of capacity so I don't get tired and also it acts as a kind of table on hip height when flipped open and that way helps a lot with changing lenses, film backs and so on.
I use almost no zooms (only a huge 70-200 that I only take when I absolutely need it because it's heavy) so I change lenses all the time and it's really fast and easy with a shoulder bag like that.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.6.1 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.8
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:08:05 17:02:54
Exposure Time1/80 sec
F-Numberf/2.0
Lens Aperturef/2.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Focal Length50.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
Tbh, I just use one of those hipster gym bags and randomly dump my lenses + bodies and other equipment (tripod etc.) in there.
>>
>>3074700
S O F T
O
F
T
>>
>>3074686
Didn't that video cover all your options?

Wrist straps are dumb though.
Just don't be a sperg and you won't drop it.
>>
>>3074717
Once I was walking near a hotel then someone made me trip with their luggage and I dropped my non-strapped camera
>>
>>3074717
Wrist straps are a hundred times less sperg then a neck strap
>>
>>3074686
eos m + 22mm
:^)
>>
>>3074686

>not making your asian twink boyfriend carry it all for you in a massivr backpack like OP picture

Seriously, /p/?
>>
>>3074725
how come his kid is whiter than him?
>>
>>3074721
>I'm a sperg
>>
I bring a general zoom and a cheap telephoto. I usually know what I'm shooting beforehand though and I'll pack appropriately
>>
>>3074686
Shoulder bag. Backpacks suck because they slow access to your stuff down.
>>
>>3074901

Glorious master race white genes are only capable of being watered down.
>>
>>3074953
Backpack. Shoulder bags suck because they slow your shooting down.

If you change lenses that often that it becomes a problem, then I would just buy a second body (you can use APS-C for anything telephoto so it's not even that expensive).
>>
>>3074901
Genetics.
>>
>>3074686
Depends on where I am going. I just generally toss on a wide range zoom, and have my monopod for support.
If you are talking about deep back country hiking. I am working on something that will allow me to carry a lot without a backpack.
>>
>>3074725
Coolies are the final redpill, as our ancestors already knew centuries ago. You can carry everything you want without actually carrying it
>>
>>3074700
I'm a 28-300 man myself
>>
File: strap.jpg (118KB, 1600x1333px) Image search: [Google]
strap.jpg
118KB, 1600x1333px
>>3074686
I use those retro thin straps that came with all the japanese SLRs. The image is for one from nikon but they all made them. They probably came in the box with every camera.

Pros:
>the only thing smaller would be a wrist strap or no strap at all
>great for one shoulder, across the shoulder or dangling from your hand
>cheap and common

Cons
>not for heavy cameras
>not to be worn tourist style around your neck
>you have to know how to install it properly and it's not easy to remove (not that you really need to since it's so small)

I carry my SLR and a small lens across my shoulder or I can also put it in whatever bag I carry. I carry my camera daily. I don't use big and heavy lenses since my SLR is heavy enough already.
>>
>>3074901
His daughter is probably 75% white. It's not like he's black so the only thing that would make his daughter look asian would be chinky eyes.
>>
I have more bags than some women have purses, and use whatever suits the situation. These aren't even all the ones I own, just the ones I use regularly.

The Think Tank at the back left is my everyday work bag. (I do media/marketing for an aftermarket parts company.) The tacticool Vanquest sling is my usual bag for casual shooting. The two black TT Retrospectives usually house my video setup and my film setup, and the backpack is for multi-day trips where I need to bring chargers, external drives, lights, etc. (I usually stuff a shoulder bag in my luggage and use that when out and about, and leave the big backpack in the hotel room.)
>>
File: DSCF3045.jpg (554KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF3045.jpg
554KB, 1000x667px
>>3075210
And shit, I forgot the pic.

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-Pro2
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.4 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.4
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)35 mm
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2017:05:13 00:00:54
Exposure Time1/50 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Brightness-3.4 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashFlash
Focal Length23.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>3074686
Of course there isn't one bag for all occasions.

I have a backpack that can carry my DSLR and all its lenses in the camera compartment. The rest of the bag is free to put other stuff if I need other junk like clothes or food.

I have a small Lowepro bag that fits my DSLR with a standard zoom or the entire kit of my small Pentax Q-S1 (body, 4 lenses, 2 spare batteries, etc.). It also fits any of my film cameras and several rolls of film.

My small Lowepro bag is my photowalk bag because I only shoot with 1 lens on such outings. Backpack is for travel and special occasions.
>>
>>3075181
his daughter has blue eyes.
wife didn't get culturally enriched.
>>
>>3075246
They look more grey than blue to me.
>>
>>3075179

I have three of these, useful as fuck for film cameras. They have extra battery holders and even a viewfinder cover.
>>
>>3074686
Sling a Domke F2 across your shoulder Gripped DSLR in right hand. I leave the strap dangling, it comes in useful from time to time.
>>
File: 2.jpg (265KB, 1200x866px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
265KB, 1200x866px

Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
>>
Why do people over complicate such a simple thing?

If you need 2 lenses constantly but don't want to keep swapping, put one on a second body in a sling pack. If the pack is still too annoying for you (they are for me) then sling the camera.

Unless you're dragging tons of lighting equipment to a location, it should be as simple as dressing yourself...
>>
File: 1.jpg (308KB, 1200x898px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
308KB, 1200x898px
>>3075540

>>
>>3074686
>>3074717

I personally like hand straps.
>>
>>3074711
What kind of 70-200mm and what lens do you have on the Bronica?
>>
>>3075210
What kind of aftermarket parts?
>>
>>3075811
2.8 IS II
I have the Zenzanon PG 100 and 65, but the 100 standard is what I take with me most of the times
>>
>>3075845
Nice, how much did the zoom cost you?

What do you use the high speed film for?
>>
>>3075854
About 1700€
I use it all the time at various speeds because it looks really good on 6x7, even slightly pushed. that way I can really shoot the slowish pg lenses handheld throughout the day
>>
>>3075859
Ouch, do you think it matches the IQ of a prime as some say?

The PG series doesn't look too slow.
Does the big mirror require you to use a higher shutter speed?

What Canon body did you have in the bag?
>>
>>3075865
I'd say yes, it's really comparable to the 100 2.8 IS macro throughout the range
It's a great lens, but not for every day stuff, at least for me and my back.
The mirror slap on the GS is pretty ridiculous without the speed grip on, so I don't really go lower than the 1/125 on the 100 3.5 which means at dawn you need something like the delta 3200 or at least a pushed 800
Body in the bag is a 6d
>>
>>3075876
I was thinking more of the 200mm f/2.8
Do you own the 100mm macro too?

What do you normally have on the 6D?

>I don't really go lower than the 1/125

Shit, do you have a scan of the 3200?
>>
>>3075879
yes, the 100 is one of my absolute favorites, I don't know the 200 prime unfortunately
I usually go with 35 2 IS, 50 1.4 art, 100 2.8
I'm on the phone at the moment but I'm sure I can dig up something later if you can wait a little
>>
File: 308F4203.jpg (2MB, 2464x1648px) Image search: [Google]
308F4203.jpg
2MB, 2464x1648px
>>3075883
How does it work for standard photography?
The 200mm is what I have my eyes on getting currently.
Does the IS help with macro?

Right now I just stack 4 extension tubes on my 100mm f/2 for macro.
I would be nice to get either of the 100mm macros to achieve 2X magnification with the same solution.

How much of an improvement have you seen with the Art over Canon's?
I like it personally, but I haven't used anything other than an old Olympus f/1.8

Sure, I'm in no hurry.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS-1D
Firmware VersionFirmware Version 1.4.0
Serial Number0000021256
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2017:04:17 15:31:45
Exposure Time1/500 sec
F-Numberf/22.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/22.6
Exposure Bias0 EV
FlashFlash
Focal Length100.00 mm
Image Width2464
Image Height1648
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
Exposure ModeManual
Focus TypeAuto
Metering ModeEvaluative
SharpnessUnknown
SaturationUnknown
ContrastUnknown
Shooting ModeManual
Image SizeLarge
Focus ModeManual
Drive ModeSingle
Flash ModeExternal Flash
Compression SettingFine
Macro ModeNormal
White BalanceFlash
Exposure Compensation3
Sensor ISO Speed192
Camera Actuations4573
Color Matrix3
>>
>>3075889
I almost never used it as a macro (except some film scanning), so I can't really comment on how the IS supports that but having like no minimum focus distance at all sometimes comes handy. it's more like my go-to portrait lens, I prefer it over a 85
I have the standard canon 50 1.4 as well and liked it for years, even though the sigma completely replaced it
the canon is neat for the price and there's no real difference beyond like f/4, but more open than that the sigma is in a completely different league in terms of sharpness, contrast, abberation, flare control, everything
>>
>>3075914
So what made you choose it if not for macro; the IS?

Do you have a good picture taken with the Art?
I'm curious to see how much better it is.
>>
>>3074686
I get by day to day with just a small 50mm prime and a few rolls of film. The whole thing fits in my coat pocket.
>>
>>3076776

Well, aren't you a walking meme...

>under 30
>in debt
>no career
>undercut
>fingerless gloves
>tea drinker

How many did I get right? Be honest.
>>
>>3077154

Everything but the fingerless gloves.
>>
>>3077154
The only one you got right was the under 30 - I'm 29. I'm a different kind of hipster than the one you're picturing.
>>
>>3077260
Keep deluding yourself, you are not a special snowflake.
>>
>>3077266
I know. I'm just one of those rich software hipsters - the kind that can afford to shoot film.
>>
>>3077154
no gloves tho
>>
>>3077271

>rich

Has lost all meaning on this board... we have rich truck drivers.
>>
>>3077717
Fair enough. Six figures, no kids. Enough money to own a full frame digital camera, and still decide to shoot film anyway.
>>
>>3077747

So, middle class without the kids.

Same here. But I'm not cringy enough to call myself rich...
>>
>>3077751
Sorry dog, you're rich. We are in the top 20% for American income, and top 0.1% globally.

I'm going to celebrate this fact by buying something from a factory that I will never have to work in. You should too.
>>
>>3077154
>>3076776
>under 30
>in debt
no
>career
no
>undercut
I had to look that up. No.
>fingerless gloves
no
>tea drinker
no
>>
>>3077717
Sugar is paid pennies compared to the amount of hours he puts in and how much the company takes out of his pay. Why he didn't just decide to get into a trade like plumbing or electrical is beyond me since they make more for less.
>>
>>3074686
belt holder if you have to change lenses alot. Can also hold a spare camera body and like 4-6 lenes
>>
>>3077757
Fucking this. Check your dog damn privileged life if you live in the north west.
>>
>>3077921
At least he gets to travel.
>>
50 on the camera, 300 in my generic military 3-day bag, tripod hangs outside and below my bag to stop my jacket/sweater/shirt from riding up my back all day.

In the city I usually just handhold my camera with the 50 on it.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.