[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it autism /p/? he seems to be off the rails nowadays. ht

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10

File: ricoh-5.jpg (46KB, 800x524px) Image search: [Google]
ricoh-5.jpg
46KB, 800x524px
is it autism /p/? he seems to be off the rails nowadays.

http://erickimphotography.com/blog/2017/05/05/fuck-lifestyle/

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2017 (Macintosh)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2017:05:01 12:38:43
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width3670
Image Height2406
>>
he just prove himself to be a /p/ lurker. lol
I remember some of those arguments in some threads
>>
>>3070753
>2017
>caring what some ugly gook has to say
You're never going to make it brah.
>>
>>3070756

http://erickimphotography.com/blog/2017/05/05/how-to-ignore-your-haters/

looks like it
>>
>I grew up with hip hop culture. I love it. It empowered me. I grew up listening to a lot of ‘socially-conscious rap’
>(Lupe Fiasco was my prophet)
>But the BS thing about is it that I ‘needed’ to buy ECKO clothing (yeah this was early 2000’s) to be a part of a ‘hip hop lifestyle’.
>I couldn’t afford ECKO clothing, so I felt like shit.

Holy shit is this a YLYL thread?
>>
>>3070753
so much cringe.

t. John PLATON Smith
>>
>>3070753
all his photos are just cheap Daido knockoffs

WHEN THE FUCK IS THIS GUY GOING TO DO SOMETHING ORIGINAL FFS? AND WHY IS HE IMPORTANT?
>>
>>3070772

he also does some shitty Gilden knockoffs too.

he doesnt have a style yet talks like he is some street tog God that all street photographer enthusiast has to follow.

I dont know why he includes some mumbo jumbo shit about being this or that when Its all about being on the street shooting where the subject is and get your style and form in place.

sounds like a complete fraud with all that paid workshops and stuff. Cant really take him seriously anymore.
>>
File: anti-street-photo-club-1.jpg (93KB, 800x811px) Image search: [Google]
anti-street-photo-club-1.jpg
93KB, 800x811px
I support this club

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2017 (Macintosh)
Image Created2017:05:03 15:33:01
Image Width3009
Image Height3051
>>
>revered him someone sane, knowledgeable, and well spoken concerning street photography

>now
>angst
>diablo font
>shirtless?

im so fucking confused, this is how a HS sophomore finds himself as he discovers hypebeast. but he's in his late twenties?

Equipment MakeRICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.
Camera ModelGR II
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.10 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)28 mm
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2017:05:04 09:56:37
Exposure Time1/80 sec
F-Numberf/3.5
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating1600
Lens Aperturef/3.5
Brightness1 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length18.30 mm
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>3070786
bet he discovered weed and rap 2 weeks ago.
>>
>>3070786

is he the Kanye West of the photography now?
>>
>>3070804
i think he's trying push his shit on the VSCO crowd to make his living
>>
>I don’t believe in RACE. To me, ‘race’ doesn’t exist. The concept of ‘race’ was only made about 50-60 years ago — and I think RACE is nothing but ‘CULTURE.’
awesome. a globalist gook cuck. just what photography needed desperately.
>>
>>3070769
OMG I LE CRINGEEEED SO HARDDD AND I LIKE WINCED IN MY CHAIR OMGGGG??!?!?!?!

http://reddit.com/r/cringe
>>
>>3070804
No, Kanye West at least make art.
>>
His girlfriend is his daido dog
>>
>>3070834
kek

>>3070804
No, Kanye is rich.

>>3070772
Yeah man. He's got issues with low self-esteem and hyper ego. How he expects to be an artist is beyond me. NO FUCKING DEPTH beyond the 'aesthetic'. It's really Irritating when you're trying to find your way as a beginner into photography and have to deal with 'gods' like him tb.h senpai.
>>
File: 1478958585424.jpg (213KB, 798x770px) Image search: [Google]
1478958585424.jpg
213KB, 798x770px
>>3070829
>kanye
>art
lmao kill yourself

Image Width798
Image Height770
>>
>here's some random shit
>buy my $500 book
>>
File: 1440453842889.jpg (43KB, 960x637px) Image search: [Google]
1440453842889.jpg
43KB, 960x637px
gimmicks don't last forever, a hack's gotta do what a hack's gotta do.

>>3070753
>is it autism /p/?
It's something much, much worse.

>>3070772
>IMPORTANT
nah
>>
>>3070772
When are you going to do something original?
>>
>>3070819
no, I'm serious. It's embarrassing. That stupid fuss. and your fuss is also stupid btw.
>>
File: memento mori.png (38KB, 1069x829px) Image search: [Google]
memento mori.png
38KB, 1069x829px
>DARK SKIES OVER TOKYO is limited to only 25 sets. Each print in the portfolio is numbered, signed, and one of a kind. Your investment in this art portfolio will support the creative collaboration between ERIC KIM x HAPTIC INDUSTRIES.
If I buy now while the prices are low, I can corner the market and retire a rich man in 30 years! Do I pull the trigger, /p/?
>>
>>3070767
>>3070814
I half expect him to come out of the closet as a full on anarcho-communist soon.
>>
>>3071008

do it. he'll end himself eventually and it will cost more.
>>
>>3070912
Probably never as long as i keep posting here, but i also don't charge gullible people for classes or claim to be a world class pro.
>>
500 USD for a book from a guy who is still alive? What the fuck..???
>>
>>3070829
>Kanye West
>Art

Pick one
>>
>>3070814
>racemixes with jungle asian
>r-race isn't real u guys
>>
>>3070753
Eric Kim is whatever, but I detect no lies in that post.
>>
>Empower yourself with culture
>Nietzsche
>The concept of ‘race’ was only made about 50-60 years ago
What am I reading?
>>
>>3071138
all information is contextual. a "woke" gook kim looks goofy as fuck, he is -suppossedly- a grown ass man, he shouldnt have identity related episodes, like a dumb teen does.
>>
File: smug_gambia.jpg (63KB, 323x312px) Image search: [Google]
smug_gambia.jpg
63KB, 323x312px
>>3070829
>>>3070804
>No, Kanye West at least make art.

LELELELEL
Holy shit anon, how high are you right now!?
>>
>>3071190
hes just a /mu/ kid. they unironically think chimp rap is music or something.
>>
that crank is a walking contradiction desu
>>
>>3070753
so he felt like a rich fake fuck with his leica and got a ricoh instead?
>>
>>3070865
He actually claimed to have "fuck you money" in a recent essay. How much money can he possibly have from selling shitty notebooks and a few lessons?
>>
>>3070866
>>3071102
>>3071190
Name a better musician making music today.
>>
>>3071377
>few lessons
A lot of blog-tographers actually get their money from doing workshops. You can tell by how shitty their photography is that they are not actual photographers. Their entire online presence is solely marketing for their workshops. These workshops are attended by people with more money than sense, usually middle age retirees. They can pay 500$ a pop and it can be a group 5-10 people. It's a scam but nobody wants to admit they paid 500$ for a chink to tell them to jump in front of people and take photos right in front of their face.
>>
>>3071385
The 5 day Tokyo course is £2500 but he only does a few a year by the looks of things.
Fair play to him though; I love his enthusiasm but I find him a bit awkward and don't really rate his portrait stuff.
His books are great for beginners to get the fundamentals.
>>
>>3071381
> Kanye
> Musician
>>
File: 1471863961594.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1471863961594.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>3071381
>>
>>3070814

>hur durr, I took anthropology 101 and didn't pay attention
>>
There is no denying his photos are good but jesus it is hard to respect him with the garbage he is putting on YouTube these days
>>
>>3071418

he is just a wannabe hack with money senpai.

he emulates the masters but never found himself. Many good street photographer has their own style because they dont try hard. Eric Kim tried too hard and thats why he failed as an artist.
>>
>>3071428
Yeah I suppose you're right
>>
>>3071428
Can you recommend some modern street photographers?
>>
>>3071428
this. he tried to be great by dissecting the greats. just read his articles, ive read a couple, he pick a long ass list of quotes, then he boringly explains the quotes, as if they werent eloquent enough (they all are, thats why they became quotes). maybe he thought there was a recipe for greatness. all he ends up with are tribute like photos, they all remind you of some better guy, but never gets quite there.
>>
>>3071428
>Many good street photographer has their own style because they dont try hard.

keep telling yourself that. What a ridiculous comment, the time and effort the "masters" put into their work is quite staggering desu, so you saying that they don't try hard is bullshit senpai
>>
>>3071441
lol autist.
>>
>>3071592
if you walk down the street taking pictures without studying, practicing, or developing an eye, you will just take boring pictures of people walking past you.

the idea of going off pure intuition is a fantasy.
>>
>>3071441
Stop taking serious anything that people write in here
>>
>>3071408
>>3071409
Anons are afraid to name a single musician. One, just one, anybody. Anons have been ridiculed so much that even anonymously they can't express their opinion. This is the downfall of kids today. They make a target of anybody who has an opinion but can't even form unique opinions let alone mention them, even when anonymous.
>>
>>3071407
If just 20 people pay him that in a year that is already the average salary for a lot of people. Any other source of income (books, merch, etc) is just extra. He's not the only one. That is what all popular online "photographers" do today. They all know it and band together and promote each other.
>>
>>3071432
Not him but I think street photography is dead as an art form. Any "street photography" done today is just a hobby. There is a market for it of course but that market is solely other street photographers not general art consumers.

This is just my opinion. There might be some good street photographer today but it's hidden under so much crap that it wont be found until 50 years after that person dies.

If you don't agree street photography is dead as an art form I think we can all agree that it's at least over saturated.
>>
>>3071701
i think street photo "live workshops" are nothing more but group therapy for anxious fucks that literally shake when taking pictures of people, so they go to these expensive courses to be coached into not giving a fuck. very expensive for what it is.
>>
>>3071707
Compared to therapy, this is not that expencive. Maybe not that effective as well - who knows.
>>
>>3071701
I was going to make a post like this last night, but I held off. Street photography had more value when the format was new and it showed people parts of everyday life that would have escaped the lens before. Now everybody has a camera and is constantly documenting.

But I think there's still value to be found in insightful reportage and portraiture. Not in random shots of people walking down the street. Some of the best shots from Ferguson were what you could call street photography.
>>
>>3071712
compared to psychoanalysis? yeah.
but a single session of modern coaching wouldnt be more than $80 and should be enough to motivate a would be street photog to stop being a pussy. no need for le chink blogger workshop.
>>
>>3071713
Whenever shit like Ferguson or any other chimpout happens today there is a herd of "street photographers" that flock to it. I think it's cool as a hobby to do this. Just go to a protest and take photos. Some of these protests have more photographers than protesters. The output is dismal however. With all those photographers there and nobody manages to take anything note worthy. That is the state of street photography today. There might be some good photos there but it is hidden in a sea of mediocrity.
>>
>>3071730

Reminds me of the burning trash can with like a dozen photographers gathered around it taking pictures.
>>
>>3071407
>His books are great for beginners to get the fundamentals.
bullshit

Watch any 3 min youtube video that teaches you aperture, ISO, shutter and DOF. You're good to go. All the best. It's free and it's all you need. Photography "teachers" should be ashamed of themselves in this age really.

If an African can win an Olympic Silver medal from Youtube then .....
>>
>>3071730
>herd of "street photographers"

All the more reason to avoid that shit. But if someone insists on going, at least try to get something different ffs.
>>
his heart is in the right place, he brings up interesting arguments, and hes a better photographer than 99% of people that attempt street

the hate really is unwarranted
>>
>>3071977
go to google images and bring back ONE (1) good photo of that chink memelord.
>>
>>3071985

where does your resentment and jealousy come from? is it because hes asian, or is it because hes better than you?

Equipment MakeRICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.
Camera ModelGR II
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.7 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)28 mm
Image Created2016:11:22 10:54:58
Exposure Time1/13 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating3200
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Brightness-3.9 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length18.30 mm
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessHard
>>
>>3071977
I agree with this sentiment, too bad he's gone crazy
>>
>>3071381
>>3071689
Kendrick Lamar

Now kill yourself
>>
File: 1_marseille-2012.jpg (110KB, 660x437px) Image search: [Google]
1_marseille-2012.jpg
110KB, 660x437px
>>3071977

>better photographer

I cant say he is not. He does have an eye for photography but he is trying to fit his giant cock into a small pin hole and its making him look like a hack. His philosophy and advises are so fucking redundant at times and he is really pushing that to your face which is unnecessary as an artist. Great artist put their heart to their work as an expression and put their own philosophy into their art and let the piece sink in to you without having any explanation. Eric Kim however is putting his shit online and thinking he made a great photo and tell others how to be like him. Which is very forced.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Macintosh)
Image Width3087
Image Height2048
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2013:04:17 09:30:29
Image Width760
Image Height504
>>
>>3071993
lol noah?
>>
>>3071432
andre wagner
>>
>>3073364
Second this.

It's a shame I'm a straight white male because I'll never be successful in today's art industry
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.