[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looks like Sony are still fucking with your raws, who knows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: star-eater.jpg (124KB, 1400x788px) Image search: [Google]
star-eater.jpg
124KB, 1400x788px
Looks like Sony are still fucking with your raws, who knows what else they could be manipulating.

http://www.lonelyspeck.com/why-i-no-longer-recommend-sony-cameras-for-astrophotography-an-open-letter-to-sony

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-7S
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2017 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2017:05:03 14:47:10
Exposure Time96 sec
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating3200
Brightness-20.2 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceDaylight
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1400
Image Height788
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>3069454
I'm literally shaking right now cuz there is literally a thread like this still around like are you cereal?? Literally wow
>>
>>3069454
I bet sonnyfags will still defend this tho
>>
>>3069458
I remember that thread but I no longer see it in the catalog. Could you post the link pls?
>>
>>3069454
wtf i hate sony now
>>
>Because of the star-eater issue, I would currently recommend the Nikon FX system and especially D750
>I would recommend nikon
Fkn loled.
>>
>>3070005
What is revealing is that Sony are still not allowing an honest unprocessed raw. Who knows what else they are doing to fuck with the actual sensor data.
>>
>>3070064
>"unprocessed raw"
>thatsnothowanyofthisworks.png
>galslaffineatinsalud.bmp
>>
>>3070064

To be honest, hot pixel reduction is nothing compared to what others do to their raws.

Not being able to use a video camera for star photography isn't the end of the world.
>>
>>3070072
It applies to all their cameras. Try reading the article fanboy
>>
>>3070073
Only in bulb mode.

Stareater doesn't really apply though, if you're going over 30 seconds, your stars are going to have moved at least one pixel, even on a 12mm lens.
>>
>>3070074
it kicks in after 3.2 seconds. Read the article fanturd
>>
>>3070076
Ok, I read it.

>UPDATE, May 4, 2017: Rob Shelley of Sony Pro Services has responded with the following message:

>Ian, your Star Eater post was forwarded to me by a reader. Great insight that I will pass along to Engineers for developmental consideration.

>As you noted, replies from Sony are not frequent but are often heard. Feel free to, if you have other comments, forward them along to me and I will get them to the appropriate departments and individuals.
>Contact me any time by phone or email.

>All the best.
>Rob Shelley

A professional response implying a quick solution within 24 hours of an article going online? Holy fuck Sony are a great company, you'd never hear a peep from canikonpentuji, how many times have people asked fuji to fix their shitty adobe compatibility? Canons firmware so shit you need to load 3rd party custom software for decent functionality.

We need more companies like Sony.
>>
>>3070079
>I will pass along to Engineers for developmental consideration

24 hour solution

Probably be a firmware fix available by next christmas and for the A9 only
>>
>>3070074

What about equatorial startracking mounts?
>>
>>3070086
Good point, good thing sony have already committed to fixing this incredibly niche issue that might affect 0.1% of sony shooters.
>>
>>3070079
>professional response
It's just damage control lad, marketing can notify whoever the fuck they want - doesn't mean anything at all will happen.
>>
>>3070090

Okay.

Let me know when that happens.
>>
>>3070090
>0.1% of sony shooters
True, most sony shooters just take snapshits of their gear
>>
>>3070099
Nah, tracked astro/deep sky is for turbo virgins.
>>
>>3070079
Sony has literally the worst customer service of all brands
>>
>>3070129
>24 hour repair turnaround times with no excess
>free Sony lens rentals
>worst customer service of all the brands

lol, ok salty bae.
>>
>>3070140
>Implying they honor their terms of service.

>>3069600
>>
>>3070129
Yeah you're right, taking photos with their gear is far worse than taking photos of the gear itself
>>
>>3070140
>24 hour repair turnaround times with no excess
>free Sony lens rentals
Source?
>>
>>3070099
nichefags are the only people buying sony shit
>>
>>3070140
Sony sends all their cameras to precision camera, who has an awful rep btw
>>
>>3069454
>a bug from firmware
>instead of reporting bug
>haeuadh don't buy suny.
>>
>>3070005
>not recommending pentax k1 with it's superior image processing and astro tracking gps sensor shift
this normie doesn't know what he's doing.
>>
>>3070226
Except he did "report" the bug, just not through the proper channels.

What's the point in having a platform if you don't use it?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.