[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Added the grain, working on composition. Opinions? [EXIF data

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0408.jpg (3MB, 5643x3201px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0408.jpg
3MB, 5643x3201px
Added the grain, working on composition. Opinions?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 80D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.8 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2017:05:03 21:14:46
Exposure Time1/640 sec
F-Numberf/13.0
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/13.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length24.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>3069084
I think the composition is wonderful, but the execution needs work. The only composition criticism I have is that it doesn't look level, which is an easy fix in post.

For execution, you have a lot of blown highlights and lens flare, which could be fixed with a quality neutral density filter. If you put on a 2 stop ND filter you could drop the aperture to f8 and get a sharper image. I would drop to ISO 100, maybe use a 3 stop filter, and push the shadows for a sharper and more balanced exposure. No need for grain.

You're on the right track, senpai. Shooting out onto the bright ocean is a lot of hard work to get just right.
>>
>>3069084
>>3069095
I forgot to mention to shoot in manual. Your camera will never be able to meter intelligently enough for a proper exposure on a shot like this.
>>
Thanks. Ill do some research on ND filters. I made the photo B/W and added grain because I've been researching photographers like Cartier-Bresson and Economopoulos and was tying to go for that vibe!
>>
>>3069095

your post is very confused my dude.
>>
>>3069084

>added the grain

why tho?
>>
>>3069204
I think you're confused as to what composition means. Maybe you should take a class or read a book you dumb nigger instead of implying over the internet that exposure has anything to do with composition.
>>
File: IMG_0408.jpg (2MB, 5643x3201px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0408.jpg
2MB, 5643x3201px
>>3069504
I just wanted a old street photography look. Here is the photo without any grain. Also fixed the horizon.

Equipment MakeCanon
Image Created2017:05:04 09:57:55
Exposure Time1/640 sec
F-Numberf/13.0
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/13.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length24.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>3069084
It's a great photo but could've been significantly better had you used a 50 rather than a 24.
>>
>>3069505

lol wut
>>
File: confused-nigga.jpg (14KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
confused-nigga.jpg
14KB, 431x431px
>>3069084
>If you put on a 2 stop ND filter you could drop the aperture to f8
>>
>the absolute state of this thread
Jej
>>
>>3069650
Shooting with a 50mm would be like using a 80mm on this camera. Way too much crop.
>>
>>3069678
The absolute samefagging of this thread
>>
>>3069095
never give advice ever again

literally everything you said is wrong
>>
how long you been shooting?
>>
>>3069733
Fuck off fucking cuck. Let's see some of your pictures. All you do is gearfag
>>
>>3069773
you dont know me bitch
>>
>>3069773

That wasn't me. Also I don't think I even gearfag all that much.
>>
File: IMG_0376.jpg (3MB, 5355x3012px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0376.jpg
3MB, 5355x3012px

Equipment MakeCanon
Image Created2017:05:04 19:41:31
Exposure Time1/25 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
ISO Speed Rating500
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length24.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
>>
I'm using a 24mm on a 50D, cheers. You ever do documentary style in the street? I've been having lots of trouble getting close enough to subjects and composing the frame tight enough for compelling shots. We seem to have similar visual philosophies. Got any tips?
>>
>>3069840
Try asking them if its okay to take the picture. When they say yes you can compose it how ever you want. Start off with a compliment and use that as the basis for why you want the photo. People open up much easier that way!
>>
>>3069526
>I just wanted a old street photography look.
Then buy film.
>>
>>3069953
Or i can do both with a new camera and Lightroom. Such a pointless comment,
>>
>>3069694
Do you understand how focal lengths work? I'm saying that a longer lens would change the special relationship between the foreground and background and improve the photo.
>>
>>3069957

That was such a stupid statement.
>>
>>3069961
*spacial
>>
>>3069961

Nah, moving your feet is the only thing that does that. Longer focal lengths are identical to cropping.
>>
>>3070233
That's what I'm saying dude. Use a longer focal length and move your feet back to accomplish the same framing but with a greater emphasis on the background subjects.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.